Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Seagate 7200.12: any issues?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

cuudulieu

cuudulieu

• 22 posts
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 stopped working

Hi guys,

I have a Seagate Barracuda HDD not detected bios:
Family: 7200.12
Model: ST33160318AS
Size: 160Gbytes
Firmware: CC38
When I looked in the BIOS model, saw that my Seagate HDD was recognized as 0MB and 0LBA!!

I have tried with dku5 (i"m tried command:F3 T> .... F3 T> / 2 ;F3 2> Z..... F3 2> ....F3 2> U ..... F3 2> / 1 ..... F3 1> N1 : but failed)

AND I"M TRIED COMMAND :

F3 T>V4
F3 T>V1
F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

Posted Image

someone please help me?
SPAM REMOVED.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Laz

Laz

• 29 posts
Yesterday morning my 1T 7200.12 started giving me problems, click during access then I had to reset my system- it was running W7 64 from a Nexstar external dock in sata mode. The drive was about 8 months old. I wanted to transfer as much data onto a new w7 OS so I swapped out the "bad" hd and put a new 7200.12 that I bought at the same time but surprise ! that was clicking from the start, impossible to even boot while it was connected. On a hunch I put that new unformatted clicking 7200.12 in a thermaltake duet external docking station that I use for convience and it was solid.I was able to format and install the w7 64 OS that I wanted on the new drive using the other docking station. I hooked the hd that was starting to give problems directly in my system and was able to copy everything off it with no problems. I am now using that same hd in the thermaltake external docking station on the same sata connection and everything seems fine. I ran the system tools disk check and defragment with no problems or errors to report. It might seem that it was the nexstar external docking station that was the cause of my problems- maybe the sata circuit goes bad and everything is accessible though another circuit/ device.

I just want to post this experience because I know how bad it can be to lose your hd, and that it might not be the hd but the interface/device instead. I hope this helps.Good luck

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,862 posts

Donator

Thanks to jaclaz, who found it (why do you think he's known as "The Finder"?), here's the first publish, still little tested or untested procedure for 7200.12 not detected by the BIOS. :thumbup

PS: Yes, this is a merged and heavily cleansed up collection of threads, consolidated in one... I did my best to remove the irrelevant materials to make it less long winded and more to the point.

dhilip1

dhilip1
  • 3 posts
Hi Seagate
st31000524as

MY HDD is not detecting @ bios... i have faced similar issue in my 7200.11 also....i recovered all my data using DK5 method.... when i try to use that method in 7200.12 ... @ hyperterminal i am not getting anything after pressing Ctrl Z.. i tries swapping TX & RX.... no use... Please help... i have very important data... its just 3 months old HDD :(

dhilip1

dhilip1
  • 3 posts
hi i have Connected using the dk5 method but using 'http://hddhelp.com.ua/7200-12.htm' ...

i am getting LED:000000CC FAddr:000075A5 this message continuously
Please help me what to do....? :(

Update: i tried to insert Business card ..now i am not getting that LED error..

but when i press CTRL + Z ... prompt F3 is not coming ...please help me...:(

Edited by dhilip1, 04 June 2011 - 11:48 AM.

arekstuka

arekstuka
  • 1 posts

I resolved this problem

HI how did You solve this problem? i have this same error..

thx
Arek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN