FAQ: What is the UAC? - Part2

this workaround only works for accounts who are inside the administrator group.
How do I allow a non-admin (restricted) user to launch an application that, only under Windows 7, requires admin privs?

This application runs fine under XP Pro i386 and XP Pro x64 WITHOUT admin privs. But it does not run without admin creds being entered under W-7.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for necroposting, but I'm having an odd issue with this. I've created the task, created the shortcut running through the taskscheduler and the program no longer requires the UAC window. However, the TaskScheduler itself does!

8chr.png

That's in Portuguese (I live in Brazil), but it's talking about the Task Scheduler. Should I click yes, I don't get a UAC request for the program itself, so I'm guessing that's working. I am in an admin account on Win7 x86.

Edited by wasabi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently used this info to open ACAD2000 on a new windows7 machine. It works great and eliminates the UAC window, but it opens the program in the "normal" window instead of maximized. The shortcut is set to run maximized and so is the execution file I'm using with the task. When I open it using just that execution file it opens maximized as it should.

Any ideas on what I can do to open maximized.  All this had done for me now is replace a click on the UAC to allow the program with a click on the window to maximize the program.

Thanks-

• 2 years later...