- Installer Issues
- The "Download Tools" feature doesn't work because I haven't configured the server yet, you'll notice the error is 404.
- Not all strings have been localised. If a localised string is missing the English equivalent will be used as a fallback. I'll need to get the translation volunteers to finish off the tables when it hits final. Let me know of any mistranslations.
- There is no way to opt-out of checking for updates, which means your IP address will be logged by my server. This is used only for geostatistical purposes and never used to identify you personally.
- Progress is not shown for the extraction of the package beyond "LZMA".
- The installer is not customised with xpize banner and watermark images.
- The "Show Log" button doesn't keep the log window up-to-date.
- Installation Issues
- For some reason screensavers aren't being applied. I'm setting the registry key right, but the Display control panel just isn't picking it up. I'm actively investigating.
- Custom file type icons aren't being set. This is because the code to work with file types hasn't been finished.
- The UxTheme patcher (based off DeepXW's Universal-patching heuristics-based approach) has not been tested. All but two of the included visual styles are compatible with the original unpatched UxTheme.dll. Let me know if it doesn't work or causes any kind of system error.
- I386 Installation Issues
- The installer will refuse to handle the package if its condition="" doesn't match your system (i.e. if you're running XPx64 and want to patch an XPx86 ISO on your computer). Until the next release is out you can bypass this by adding the /ignorePackageCondition command-line switch (note that it is case-sensitive)
- Custom Windows setup artwork is not applied.
- Uninstallation Issues
- Wallpaper files aren't removed, but the wallpaper setting is reset.
- Cursors aren't removed nor reset to their original setting.
Edited by W3bbo, 28 June 2009 - 06:18 PM.