Windows live messenger not connecting

Richard Arkless

Hello I am making a stripped down version and I think I might have removed something that I shouldn't have as it is not connecting, below is my last session

before anyone says that I have removed way too much, let me just say that I will be installing this in vmware workstation and will be used to sync my ipod with itunes, browse the internet with firefox, use my lifecam vx1000 webcam which I have found the inf's for so dont need to install the bundled software and to connect to windows live messenger

Thanks to any that help

Richard

Last_session.ini

Edited by Richard Arkless

Richard Arkless, there are several things that concern me. I would suggest that you put Internet Explorer, DHCP Client and Wired AutoConfig back in and see if that corrects the problem. If it does not, then I suggest you start replacing batches of things to see what is causing the problem. Since you can test under VMware, this should be fairly straight forward. Your old Last Session files can be a starting point. Can you get an Internet connection at all? Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

Richard Arkless, there are several things that concern me. I would suggest that you put Internet Explorer, DHCP Client and Wired AutoConfig back in and see if that corrects the problem. If it does not, then I suggest you start replacing batches of things to see what is causing the problem. Since you can test under VMware, this should be fairly straight forward. Your old Last Session files can be a starting point. Can you get an Internet connection at all? Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

Hey

IE, DHCP and wired autoconfig aint the problem, yes I can get a internet connection but I have to assign the ip address manually

Thanks

Richard

Could you be a bit more specific about which WLM version you are using? Do you use a Live-ID or do you use another mail account (like Gmail)? And is it the original WLM distribution that you used, or some third party addon? Also, unlike you might think, removing IE completely can be a problem, since the main WLM2009 executable is linked to various IE DLL's.

Almost forgot: Do you get any messages in the event viewer?

Edited by beats

I am using WLM 9

I use a gmail account

Yes I downloaded the original one from the website

I dont think it is IE though as I have always removed it and haven't had any problems before, dunno as I have removed event viewer and event log

ill untick all the red components under network see if it works after that and if it does then I will keep removing a component till it stops working

No events either? Removing it completely isn't the best idea, since lots of apps depend on it. Anyway, then I suggest Dependency Walker, it will show you exactly which files WLM needs to operate properly. Since you remove a lot with nLite, it's very hard to tell what causes the problem by just looking at the Last_session.ini.

Edited by beats