Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

@ The Day Walker!

Have you tested your RAM? If not, run the MemTest.

Is your system overclocked? If yes, take the default BIOS settings for the integration.

What about your PSU? Is it strong enough for your 4 hdd's?

Edited by Fernando 1

Fernando 1, I took a look at the txtsetup.oem file and found this

#--The following lines give additional USB floppy support

id = "USB\VID_03F0&PID_2001", "usbstor" #--HP

id = "USB\VID_054C&PID_002C", "usbstor" #--Sony

id = "USB\VID_057B&PID_0001", "usbstor" #--Y-E Data

id = "USB\VID_0409&PID_0040", "usbstor" #--NEC

id = "USB\VID_0424&PID_0FDC", "usbstor" #--SMSC

id = "USB\VID_08BD&PID_1100", "usbstor" #--Iomega

id = "USB\VID_055D&PID_2020", "usbstor" #--Samsung

This looks like the same code that kept my 3Ware-LSI text mode drivers from working. Do you think if The Day Walker! removes these lines he will be good-to-go? Thanks for looking in, John. Edited by johnhc

1. will test ram,,,,2 confirm that its not corrupted,

my controller is set 2 RAID and not AHCI as i want 2 raid the hdds,,,,

my cpu isnt overclocked.....

and yes my psu is capable 2 handle the hdds.... as win7 is working perfectly in raid mode...

but winxp is hanging....

rest will try some bios settings..... adn others,,and post the results....

thanx

angel

The Day Walker!, I think I have found the problem. Please see my post and Fernando 1's response (he is the driver expert here) above. Then, please remove the following lines from your txtsetup.oem file.

#--The following lines give additional USB floppy support

id = "USB\VID_03F0&PID_2001", "usbstor" #--HP

id = "USB\VID_054C&PID_002C", "usbstor" #--Sony

id = "USB\VID_057B&PID_0001", "usbstor" #--Y-E Data

id = "USB\VID_0409&PID_0040", "usbstor" #--NEC

id = "USB\VID_0424&PID_0FDC", "usbstor" #--SMSC

id = "USB\VID_08BD&PID_1100", "usbstor" #--Iomega

id = "USB\VID_055D&PID_2020", "usbstor" #--Samsung

Let us hear. I am almost sure this is the problem. I had the same problem with the same code in my 3Ware-LSI RAID controller except it could not find any drives at all. Enjoy, John.

The Day Walker!, unless you really know what you are doing, don't remove anything from the txtsetup.oem except the USB code I posted. When nLite integrates the driver it will ask if you want the x86 or x64 driver. Enjoy, John.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem as The Day Walker, my motherboard is M4A78LT-M, not M4A78LT-M LE but other than that, everything was exactly the same: I also tried many drivers which did not work (did not recognize the array) and only the drivers from my mobo's DVD did let me install Windows XP PRO SP3 32bit, but just like The Day Walker, after the 1st reboot, I got a BSOD with the stop code: 0x0000007b (0xf78a2524, oxc0000034, 0x00000000 0x00000000).

I tried johnhc's suggestion of deleting the USB lines but it didn't work as well (same BSOD) so then I modified the txtsetup.oem and using Fernando's txtsetup.oem from the 2nd post of this thread as reference, I deleted all the x64 lines from my txtsetup.oem and FINALLY after half a dozen coasters, the copy worked.

So I'm attaching the working+original drivers here, hoping this will help someone else with the same problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yxmo1wyzytn

P.S. This should really be stickied, I stumbled upon this thread by accident, as you can't search the forum as guest.

-Og

[edit]

Where are my manners? I'd really like to thank the creator of nlite for this amazing piece of software!

32Bit_ASUS_M4A78LT-M_AHCI_V3.1.1540.127.zip

Edited by Ograid

• 4 weeks later...

Copy file ahcix86.sys to system32\drivers. Import this reg settings

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1002&cc_0106]
"Service"="ahcix86"
"ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86]
"Type"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000000
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Tag"=dword:00000021
"ImagePath"="system32\\drivers\\ahcix86.sys"
"Group"="SCSI Miniport"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86\Parameters\PnpInterface]
"5"=dword:00000001

Goto BIOS, set AHCI. Reboot.

Hi Cdob and Fernando 1, I just follow the instruction to integration Sata/Raid driver in my Windows XP.

then i go to Bios to set ACHI, but when I reboot the XP can't load in boot. It just restart again.

I dont know what is the problem!

My Motherboard is AMD Biostar 790G3, I use Windows XP Pro 32bit with SP3.

I ve try with Fernando give the AMD/ATI SB7xx RAID&AHCI Driver v9-4

@ MikeD:

Welcome at MSFN Forums and thank you for your short guide.

@ all:

To make the integration of the needed AMD/ATI textmode drivers into a bootable Windows XP (32/64bit) CD easier and safer for you, I have prepared 2 small sized driverpacks, which can be downloaded here:

for Windows XP:

32bit AMD/ATI SB7xx RAID&AHCI Driver v9-4 (WHQL)

But it not work, then I use the Sata/Raid Driver from my Motherboard CD Drivers, the problem is the same. it can't boot after i set ACHI in bios.

Sorry, if my english is so bad.

Thanks.

@ MikeD:

Welcome at MSFN Forums and thank you for your short guide.

@ all:

To make the integration of the needed AMD/ATI textmode drivers into a bootable Windows XP (32/64bit) CD easier and safer for you, I have prepared 2 small sized driverpacks, which can be downloaded here:

for Windows XP:

32bit AMD/ATI SB7xx RAID&AHCI Driver v9-4 (WHQL)

But it not work, then I use the Sata/Raid Driver from my Motherboard CD Drivers, the problem is the same. it can't boot after i set ACHI in bios.

Sorry, if my english is so bad.

Thanks.

poweriso, welcome and your English is just fine. Please attach your Last Session as requested in the bold RED letters above. It is not clear to me how you are including your drivers. I assume you are using nLite or you would not be here. Are you running 32 or 64 bit OS? Enjoy, John.

poweriso, welcome and your English is just fine. Please attach your Last Session as requested in the bold RED letters above. It is not clear to me how you are including your drivers. I assume you are using nLite or you would not be here. Are you running 32 or 64 bit OS? Enjoy, John.

Thanks johnhc for your reply. Johnhc, i dont know hot to attach the last session.ini, where can i get this file ?

I am not using nlite to integrate ACHI sata/raid driver to my Windows XP, I integrate after install my Windows XP.

I follow the instructions that i quote in my post above.

I write the step by step in here what i did when integrate ACHI sata/raid driver to my Win OS. I use the 32 bit Windows XP Pro

after i install Windows Xp, i Copy the file ahcix86.sys to system32\drivers.

then the reg setting that bro cdob give:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\

pci#ven_1002&cc_0106]

"Service"="ahcix86"

"ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86]

"Type"=dword:00000001

"Start"=dword:00000000

"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001

"Tag"=dword:00000021

"ImagePath"="system32\\drivers\\ahcix86.sys"

"Group"="SCSI Miniport"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86\Parameters\

PnpInterface]

"5"=dword:00000001

I copy paste this reg setting to notepad, then i save it with name: test.reg file

after that, I just double click this test.reg file to import this reg file to my windows register.

the reg file import was done, then i go to bios to setting my HDD to ACHI mode, after that i boot, but it will restart again when loading is start, but when i set the HDD to IDE mode again in bios, the windows will work again.

Edited by poweriso

i Copy the file ahcix86.sys to system32\drivers.

Which ahcix86.sys version do you use?

This are one line each:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1002&cc_0106]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86\Parameters\PnpInterface]

And there is no space char.

Forum display is funny.

Adjust the reg file.

Edited by cdob