Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

poweriso, since you did not use nLite, you will not have a Last Session file. I am not familiar with the method you are using. I suggest you try the changes to your .reg file posted by cdob above. Good luck, John.

Which ahcix86.sys version do you use?

This are one line each:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1002&cc_0106]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ahcix86\Parameters\PnpInterface]

And there is no space char.

Forum display is funny.

Adjust the reg file.

poweriso, since you did not use nLite, you will not have a Last Session file. I am not familiar with the method you are using. I suggest you try the changes to your .reg file posted by cdob above. Good luck, John.

I happen to have the .reg file which I have used successfully, so here it is.

Cheers

Sorry for late to reply, yesterday i just successful integrate the sata/raid driver to my XP without any problem, yes I think i am wrong to not notice the word in reg file that bro cdob give dont ve space.

After I change the reg file, everything is ok.

And thanks All for your help, now I can use the Sata Hardisk performance that is more faster than Ide mode or ide native sata mode too.

I think the tips to integrate from bro Cdob dan the sata/raid driver from Fernando 1 is so great, it make more easy for us who have Windows XP that ve been installed.

I need to ask anymore, what is the different sata/raid driver that Fernando 1 give with the sata/raid driver from my CD Motherboard because when i try to use the ahcix86.sys or sata/raid driver from my CD motherboard this tips is not work.

If I want to integrate the sata/raid driver to Windows XP with nlite, which sata/raid driver should i use ?

And what is the different sata/raid controller from AMD with sata/raid controller from Intel, because when i see in the device manager in my AMD Motherboard 790GX i dont see sata controller in IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLER Category, i only see the AMD PCI IDE CONTROLLER.

it's different when i see device manager from my other CPU that ve Intel Motherboard, in Intel in the IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLER Category ve sata controller.

This is the screenshot from my AMD Device Manager: devicemanagerscreenshot.jpg

Thanks.

If I want to integrate the sata/raid driver to Windows XP with nlite, which sata/raid driver should i use ?

Try this modified one; it's still the same driver, but a bit cleaned and filtered for a higher success rate. It is very important to add it as a textmode (TXT) driver in nLite, not as PnP.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@MikeD and Fernando1:

I registred just to thank you for great help you provided with this issue on XP. Zip file provided by Fernando1 for 32bit systems worked for my ASUS K50AF - now it is in AHCI mode working like a charm together with windows 7 ). I maneged to have it done without a single problem following MikeD's hints/tutorial and using Fernando's linked driver. Just to mention that afterwards beside catalyst driver from offcial ASUS site Southbridge driver from ATI should be installed in order to find SM bus controller. In ATA mode i had no such "problem".

Great job guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 3.1.1540.81 there was 3.1.1540.123, and now there is 3.1.1547.124. What are the chances someone would be so kind as to make (if needed) some modifications to the latest version?

Additional info: I used the original 3.1.1540.123 in an nLited XP x86 CD for Compaq 615 and it worked. Updating to 3.1.1547.124 through Device Manager also worked.

Thank you

Well after 3.1.1540.81 there was 3.1.1540.123, and now there is 3.1.1547.124.
There are newer AMD textmode drivers for Windows XP available. The newest I found is v3.2.1540.35 dated 01/06/2010.
What are the chances someone would be so kind as to make (if needed) some modifications to the latest version?
I will do it.

EDIT:

Since Sp0iLedBrAt meanwhile found an even more actual driver version, I have deleted the download links with the AMD textmode drivers v3.2.1540.35.

I will post the links to some customized drivers on the basis of the newest driver version 3.2.1548.37 as soon as possible.

Edited by Fernando 1

I found this today by chance, and it is the latest (non-modified) version, so I'm attaching it here.
Thanks for your searching, finding and uploading these new AMD AHCI/RAID textmode drivers for Windows XP/XPx64 dated 04/06/2010 (32bit) resp. 03/24/2010 (64bit).

Since the original AMD textmode drivers v3.2.1548.37

1. only will support AMD SB7xx AHCI/RAID and AMD SB8xx RAID systems and
  2. have some needless entries within the TXTSETUP.OEM files, which may cause error messages regarding "missing files" while installing the OS,

I have customized them.

Here are the download links to the original and WHQL certified drivers, where I have just cleaned the TXTSETUP.OEM files:

>32bit AMD SB7xx & SB8xx AHCI/RAID driver v3.2.1548.37 prepared for the XP integration<

>64bit AMD SB7xx & SB8xx AHCI/RAID driver v3.2.1548.37 prepared for the XP x64 integration<

Attention:

• These drivers will not work with AMD SB6xx chipsets, because the HardwareID's are missing!

Users with an AMD SB6xx chipset mainboard, who want to use these newest AMD textmode drivers for Windows XP (32/64bit), may try one of these drivers, which have been customized by me:
>32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver v3.2.1548.37 for XP mod by Fernando<
>64bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver v3.2.1548.37 for XPx64 mod by Fernando<
Attention:
  • These packages do contain the original 32/64bit AMD driver. I have only customized the associated text files with the suffix ".OEM" and ".INF".
  • Due to the customization the driver has lost the WHQL stamp, but this doesn't have any effect on the function of the driver.
  • Although I have done my very best, I cannot guarantee, that they will work for your system.
  • You may try them at own risk.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

I just registered to say a MASSIVE, EPIC thank you to Sp0iLedBrAt and Fernando 1 for posting the 3.2.1548.37 AHCI RAID driver.

I have an ASUS M4A78-EM with an SB700 and it refused to co-operate with the Catalyst 9.4 (AHCI/RAID 3.1.1540.81) drivers linked to at the start of this thread, nor the Catalyst 10.8 (AHCI/RAID 3.1.1540.127) driver on the supplied driver CD and online at game.amd.com. Windows would BSOD after installation onto the RAID array and reset itself instantly.

These new drivers, slipstreamed into XP Pro 32bit SP3, work. I don't know how you found them, and I can't for a second understand why AMD haven't officially released them because the Catalyst 10.8 driver is a year older than this new one (and even that's six months old already) but they've saved me from having to take the motherboard back or buy a separate RAID controller.

AMD: Please update your RAID drivers officially! The hardware's fine, now get the decent drivers out there!

ASUS: Not a squeek out of them; deeply unimpressed by their non-existent customer service.

Sp0iLedBrAt, Fernando 1: THANK YOU GUYS!

Bookmarking this thread because I recently had problem with my father's new PC :) It was Gigabyte board with 890GX chipset, and the **** drivers from 10.8 Catalyst wouldn't work! I had to download something older from Gigabyte's web :(