Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

I only mentioned it because the title of the thread says it is for XP, This is the nLite forum (which only supports NT based OS's up to 2k3) and because taking a thread off topic (even slightly) makes things harder to find for others when they have issues.

A new thread dealing specifically with the problem and OS and a nice pm to Fernando would be a much better solution and easier for others when the search in the future.

BUT! Hey 2 wrongs make a right, right???

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

• 2 weeks later...
AMD 11.12 Raid in Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.22 for Windows XP Release. SBALL?
It is not easy to understand what you mean.

If you should have asked for modified 32/64bit AMD textmode drivers with this new driver version, here are the downoad links to the "modded" AMD AHCI and RAID drivers v3.3.1540.22 dated 09/23/2011:

>32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

>64bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP x64 v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

Notes:

1. The official AMD RAID drivers v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP (32/64bit) are only designed for AMD SB8xx chipsets. Since I have added the missing HardwareID's of all known AMD SB6xx and SB7xx AHCI/RAID Controllers, these "modded" drivers should be suitable for them too.
  2. The modifications I have done only concern the associated text files with the suffix ".INF" and "OEM", whereas the driver itself (= ".SYS" file) has not been touched at all.
  3. You may use them at own risk.

@ Users with an AMD SB6xx or SB7xx Southbridge:

Please give a feedback regarding your XP install experience (success resp. failure) after having integrated these new AMD textmode drivers.

Regards

Fernando

880G-SB850 Test Ok. Thanks.
Users with an AMD SB8xx chipset should be able to use the official 32/64bit AMD textmode driver instead of the "modded" one.

Here are the links to the newest original AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI drivers v3.3.1540.22 WHQL dated 09/23/2011:

>32bit AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI driver v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP<

>64bit AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI driver v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP x64<

@ users with an AMD SB6xx or SB7xx chipset running their SSD/hdd in AHCI mode:

Please report here about your experience with the integration of the AMD textmode driver into a Windows XP (32/64bit) CD.

Questions:

1. Which AMD RAID driver version and which driver package type (original or "modded") did you integrate?

2. Which Southbridge does your mainboard have?

3. Did you succeed with the OS installation in AHCI mode?

Regards

Fernando

@ users with an AMD SB6xx or SB7xx chipset running their SSD/hdd in AHCI mode:

Please report here about your experience with the integration of the AMD textmode driver into a Windows XP (32/64bit) CD.

Questions:

1. Which AMD RAID driver version and which driver package type (original or "modded") did you integrate?

2. Which Southbridge does your mainboard have?

3. Did you succeed with the OS installation in AHCI mode?

Hi Fernando, thanks for the drivers, they work perfectly (one shot, one kill! :D and was the first time I was trying AHCI mode).

Here's my report (WinXP-PRO-Sp3 x86):

1. Integrated Xp updates +addons and tweaks with nLite without building iso, then made last pass only with your "32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver v3.3.1540.22 for XP mod by Fernando" and burned the Iso

2. It's an Asrock AOD790GX with SB700

3. yeah, booted in bios SATA mode options were IDE(which was previous), RAID or AHCI. Choose AHCI and then made my unattended install woth no errors. Used Pc for 1 hour, everything OK :)

Thanks again!

//////////////////////////////

Sorry if I ask here, just a stupid newbie question: for performance/stability is it better to do a fresh build of the others partitions, since I moved from IDE to AHCI or can I still safetly use those ones I created when I was in Ide mode?

Edited by BubbleBobble

@ BubbleBobble:

Thanks for your feedback, which may encourage other users with an AMD SB700 system to use the newest AMD AHCI driver!

for performance/stability is it better to do a fresh build of the others partitions, since I moved from IDE to AHCI or can I still safetly use those ones I created when I was in Ide mode?
It's the latter.

After having done a fresh install of the OS in AHCI mode there is no reason to recreate the other partitions.

Regards

Fernando

After having done a fresh install of the OS in AHCI mode there is no reason to recreate the other partitions.

thnx! my question is due to "an advice" during winXp setup: having data and files inside other partitions, I just created only the primary partition for Xp and the message on the blue screen setup was a little different from other several partition builds, it was like "creating ahci x86 partition" or something similar. But anyway, I'm not experiencing any problem, everything its fine and your answer is good enough to me! It was just a confirmation for an ahci newbie user :-)

Bye, Alex

Ok Hi To All i have one question

Installed WinXP on DV6 - 2003el with integration of drivers in install disc

Mine curent Dv manager looks like this

20120113144124.png

Need to know is everything ok or need to use some additional windows drivers

Regards

Hi Fernando, I have to test again sata drivers, this time will be with Xp Home on another mobo: AMD785G+ SB710 Chipset.

Sorry for the question but I'm not a pc-expert...can you tell me which is the difference between this two drivers and which one should I choose?

here are the downoad links to the "modded" AMD AHCI and RAID drivers v3.3.1540.22 dated 09/23/2011:

>32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

>64bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP x64 v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

Here are the links to the newest original AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI drivers v3.3.1540.22 WHQL dated 09/23/2011:

>32bit AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI driver v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP<

>64bit AMD SB8xx RAID & AHCI driver v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP x64<

I'm confused since U say that first ones are "modded", while the WHQL are the original drivers... but I see that download link for the WHQL is from your host site and not from AMD/ATI site...

Edited by BubbleBobble