Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

Dear fernando my main board M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880g/sb850

I entegrated ahci drivers ( in support cd )

But in instalatin screen " ....th line are bad" message appears

Is Your mode supports sb850 chipset?

ltcelik, please post a screen shot of your error message and attach your Last Session.ini as requested in BOLD RED letters above. If you have the correct SB850 drivers, Fernando 1's method will work. Enjoy, John.

The original driver I downloaded officially supports SB700/SB750/SB800. I am sure Fernando made no changes to the compatibility. ASUS offers its official drivers here http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us (under the Chipset category), so you can download it, extract it and have a go with that.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I entegrated ahci drivers ( in support cd )

But in instalatin screen " ....th line are bad" message appears

Do you remember the line, which was mentioned? It would be fine, if you could give me the text of the whole message. This may give me the chance to correct the "bad" line.
Yes, I didn't remove any HardwareID, which was within te original INF and OEM files.
But I confused, hdd shown as SCSI, and I couldnt get information NCQ enabeled or not,

Is sb850 supports NCQ?

It is normal, that the SATA hdd running in AHCI mode is shown as SCSI.

Since NCQ is one of the main AHCI features, it is automaticly enabled, if your have set the SATA Controllers to AHCI mode.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

I dont remember line number.. I dont care any more ( after four cd and sleeples nights ) :realmad:

I think , the USB fdd VID commands causes this error... ( the original drivers creted for usb fdd )

I try other method too ( regedit edition and manual replacing ahcix86.sys to \system32 \drivers folder )

Its cause litle bios reset to defaults event ,I forgot cross fingers (but my fingers already magical) but it's works, and still works (I've two HDD and four bootable volume )

:thumbup Thank you wery much for all buddies :thumbup

Edited by ltcelik

A simple question: what is the reason for ATI drivers not working? Is it because the .inf files are missing strings that identify specific boards, like my father's Gigabyte one?

Btw: 890GX board is supposed to have 700-line southbridge, right? I am asking because when I played around with the drivers, I was able to use driver from the directory where 600 southbridge drivers were, which is weird as hell.

Edited by TheWalrus

A simple question: what is the reason for ATI drivers not working? Is it because the .inf files are missing strings that identify specific boards, like my father's Gigabyte one?
There are different reasons why the ATI textmode drivers don't work for everyone.

These are the main problems:

• missing HardwareID's (especially of some SB6xx chipset mainboards)
  • USB floppy support entries within the TXTSETUP.OEM file, which may give users a BSOD and
  • no separate 32/64bit TEXTSETUP.OEM files, which may cause the "cannot find the file xyz" message during the OS istallation.

Regards

Fernando

Hello

My mobo is M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880g/sb850. I have tried to integrate the drivers from support CD and drivers from post #101 into my Win XP Professional SP3 setup CD. In both cases I have got a BSOD with error code 0x0000007E during Windows installation. The BSOD appears after all drivers are loaded from CD (just before you should select a partition to install WinXP into). When SATA is in IDE mode Windows XP installs fine.

My BSOD:

post-305648-000041400 1285961558_thumb.j

My LastSession.ini (integrating the drivers from post #101):

LastSession.ini

Hello

My mobo is M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880g/sb850. I have tried to integrate the drivers from support CD and drivers from post #101 into my Win XP Professional SP3 setup CD. In both cases I have got a BSOD with error code 0x0000007E during Windows installation. The BSOD appears after all drivers are loaded from CD (just before you should select a partition to install WinXP into). When SATA is in IDE mode Windows XP installs fine.

Dronis, I trust you have seen this from MS. Can you get into Safe Mode (F8)? If so, your driver may be OK. Does your error message (screen) include a driver name or file name? Please post it, if so. Have you run nLite more than once on the same source? You should always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only once doing all your work. Where did your CD come from and is it OEM, Retail or...? Enjoy, John.

• 2 months later...

Can I use these drivers for slipstreaming with Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 32Bit x86 ?

Ok .. I've slipstreamed the 32bit version of drivers using nLite in my win2003srv r2 sp2 and made a CD . When installing I get an error saying it can't find ahcix64.sys .

The drivers were downloaded from GigaByte and were the 1540 version . Seeing that Fernando has a newer version that was modiffied in such a way that it would avoid some such errors .. I've slipstreamed his version posted above .

But the error still stands the same

Could it be that my version is 64Bit ?

Shouldn't nLite report this ? I mean the version .. 32Bit or 64 bit ?

East 17, it does look like you have a 32/64 problem. Without your Last Session.ini we can only guess what is going on. Please attach your Last Session.ini as requested in LARGE BOLD RED LETTERS above. Enjoy, John.

@ East 17:

You can easily verify yourself, if you have a 32bit or 64bit version of the OS by opening the CD1 of your OS source with the Windows Explorer.

If you see a directory named "AMD64", you definitively have the 64bit version of the OS.

After having identified the OS architecture (32bit or 64bit), you should repeat the driver integration procedure by using nLite, but take care, that you

1. begin from scratch with an untouched OS source,
  2. don't load the Last Session.ini file of any previous nLite processing,
  3. integrate just the suitable 32bit or 64bit driver, which has been prepared or modified by me,
  4. don't hit F6 while doing the final OS installation.

Good luck!

Fernando