ADI SoundMAX Driver not installing (solved)

I added some drivers to my unattended install yesterday and most of them worked... the only one that didnt was my audio driver.

I was able to install the driver manually and it works fine.

Anyone have any tips?

Edited by Toddy86

A little bit more info might help whomever is going to help you. Please provide as many details as you can.

What more info is there?

The $OEM$\$1\Drivers\... structure works.

My NIC, Video and other Chipset drivers all installed.

The only one that failed - and by failed I mean windows starts up and says its an unknown device - is my audio driver (which was last on the OEMPnPDriversPath field).

At this point I am able to point it to my audio driver folder and it works fine and functions correctly.

What more info is there?

How about OS and Service Pack? The name of the audio device? :whistle:

Take a look in setuplog.log and setupapi.log inside your Windows folder, maybe it was logged what happen with your driver.

How is OS or SP relevant? XP + Sp 2

The fact is I have 4 drivers, 3 install and the 4th one doesnt, but once in Windows it works fine.

The driver that doesnt work is some SoundMAX driver (Intel Integrated Audio). Even tried with Devcon and nothing happens!! Just 'devcon failed.'

I suspected that after reading some other threads.

I have done that but it doesnt seem to make any difference. As I said, the driver actually installs and works when selecting it manually when 'updating driver'.

Using devcon i can see that the Hardware ID's of the device does not even match what is in the INF file. Which itself is very odd and is most likely the problem.

The specific driver I am using is "Intel Integrated Audio Driver 5.12.1.3713", using the setup.exe that comes with it does not detect the hardware either.

Very odd...

Which Manufacturer, Model and Chipset is your PC?

The driver you need is probably a generic one but competing manufacturers often make incompatible ones with the same VEN\DEV but different SUBSYS. You'd need to be certain you were getting the correct driver before debugging any installation errors.

g-force they are all graphics drivers?

I have tried different versions of the driver which mostly did not work and just installed a non function device in my device manager.

I am not sure what motherboard it is, i believe it is Intel 845 series of some description.

The hardware specifically is an NCR RealPOS 30 and I am using the driver specified in the download section on the NCR website