So I made an unattended and tweaked Windows XP installation kit but the UPS service is not functioning, I get "Error 2481: The UPS service is not configured correctly" when I attempt to start it manually. I tried setting it to automatic, restarted Windows, nothing. Also the UPS is not detected at all. It worked fine with my previous Windows XP. Also I have the same UPS installed on more than 10 workstations at work and it was detected on all of them without problems. I can't even install the software that came with the UPS, giving me an error that it cannot find the UPS! By the way, the UPS is an APC Back-UPS.
I had another annoying problem after installation was finished, the Administrator account was set to autologon even though I configured in nLite NOT to do autologon. I had to search for the command to disable autologon.
Also I have another issue which might not be related to nLite (until I test this on another Windows XP on another PC I cannot be sure): I use an external USB to S-ATA connector to read an internal HDD. After I freshly installed nLite Windows I wanted to access the HDD as I did in my old Windows but I get a delay write failed, causing some directories to be unreadable (each time different directories!). I very much doubt that the HDD or that connector suddenly malfunctioned but again, I cannot be sure until I test it on another PC.
In order to give all the potential helpers a starting point, I attached the .ini used to create my nLite Windows.
Edited by Slasher, 14 July 2009 - 03:55 PM.