Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Sysprep and Activation Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

pwagner9999

pwagner9999
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 17-July 09
I have a sysprepped image of the retail version of XP PRO with SP3 and IE8.

I made this image on June 21 2009.

The image has been deployed on over 160 computers since June 21 but just yesterday I started getting the "This copy of Windows did not pass genuine Windows Validation and you have not yet resolved the problem....

http://picasaweb.goo...641874634474386

Up until yesterday no problem; today I had three out of 25 computers get that message.

I have to put in the key code and validate before I can get to the desktop.

The other computers all get to the desktop and have the expected 30 day grace period.

Does anyone know the cause of this and how to resolve?

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

HØLLØW

HØLLØW

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 01-March 07
Are you using an volume-license-key in your environment?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Salutations distinguées / Atentamente / Distinti saluti

HØLLØW

pwagner9999

pwagner9999
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 17-July 09
I am using a MAR (Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher) Key. The installation media is a retail disc.

When I make the master image I put a key into the sysprep.inf so during setup it does not require adding the key.

During activation there is the message saying that the key entered has already been activated too many times (this is expected) and that is when the new key is entered and XP is activated.

I am suspecting that maybe SP3 has something to do with this problem because I didn't have this issue last year when I was using SP2 based images.

Thanks

Bezalel

Bezalel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05
You shouldn't be using any key in sysprep. The end user should be entering the key from the Refurbisher COA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users