• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
urumov

WinSetupFromUSB & nLite

4 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Please help me with me issue.

I try do simply winxp install flash drive via cool WinSetupFromUSB app.

I use Corsair Voyager 16GB and have nLited version of xp install.

I have prepared nLited XP installation. From orig files I remove only Outlook, Messenger and MSN explorer and add login, cdkey, and some common things AND MOST important thing: RunOnce feature. And here start problem. In this RunOnce feature i have configured other software to silent install after xp install is finnished(office, adob reader, and other stuff).

If I run nLited iso from CD its RunOnce working fine.

And I can prepare USB thumb drive with WinSetupFromUSB from Nlited files. Installation working perfect...all settings from nLite is implemented, but with one exception: RunOnce.... this is not working.

Please what I must do to make it works? Its very important for me.

p.s. i can find after xp installation nlite.cmd in system32 directory

Many thanks :)

I have no idea where that option in nLite is and what it does. However, since it's working from a CD we should be able to get it working from USB as well.

Do you have any idea what is exactly executed by RunOnce? Is it a executing the mentioned nlite.cmd? If it is only it- please attach it with your next post. There could be just wrong path or tag files.

RunOnce is feature where you can define commands, whitch start on first start up of installed os. sorry for english :)

In me case is here command "%source%installall.bat". As last step of xp installation is creating user profile(i think). If I nlited xp source files burn on to cd, before creating user profile is started RunOnce commands: "%source%installall.bat"

If I use the same nlited xp source files for preparing usb flash disk via WinSetupFromUSB....everything works fine. Only this RunOnce dont started.

I find out nlite create winnt.sif where is all inforamtion for unnatended installation. Last section of this file is:

[GuiRunOnce]

"%SystemRoot%\System32\nLite.cmd"

that mean n lite create winnt.sif and nlite.cmd.

winnt.sif is in i386 folder

nlite.cmd is CABbed as nlite.cm_ also in i386 folder. File nlite.cmd content line %source%installall.bat

During installaion is nlite.cm_ decompressed to hard disk to defined path from winnt.sif (exact path: %SystemRoot%\System32\nLite.cmd)

this all

If you need some other installtion i can provide it.

I can simply try it. Its pretty quick and simply (if you have time of corse) :)

install nlite .... copy xp install files from cd to Xsoure dir....run nlite....y dont need do any changes...only type to RunOnce "Paused"... :) and you will see what happend

Many thanks :)

EDIT: sorry, RunOnce is starting with first user login...no before as I wrote...

post-253494-1248372086_thumb.jpg

Edited by urumov

RunOnce is feature where you can define commands...
That's ok, I meant I didn't know how you managed to remove that option using nLite as you said earlier.
[GuiRunOnce]

"%SystemRoot%\System32\nLite.cmd"

Try changing it to :

command0="%SystemRoot%\System32\nLite.cmd"

The same issue:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=852261

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=852442

Edited by ilko_t