Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation
I checked Panther and it basically said it couldn't find the hard drive. And indeed, the hard drive was blank. So I decided to check my XML in WSIM, and I needed to generate a new Catalog. WSIM gave me an error:
The specified image file did not contain a resource section
It led me to a log file, and I'm not really sure what to make of this. Any ideas on what direction I should be going in?
1:56 PM : 1:56 PM : Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows OPK or Windows AIK User's Guide. 1:56 PM : 1:56 PM : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified image file did not contain a resource section Server stack trace: at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimImageInfo.PreCreateCatalog() at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog() at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CatalogCreatorImpl.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext) Exception rethrown at : at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.ICatalogCreator.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo) at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.CatalogGenerator.CreateCat(ProgressDialog pd, Object o)
The error above was using the Install.wim from the Vista DVD. So I thought maybe there was a problem using that. I exported Image index 1 (Vista Business) from the Install.wim and added that instead. This is how I did it in 2003 anyways. But it still makes this error.
However, WSIM is acting up also. It gave me an XML (node is missing) error opening it once, and sometimes it won't close and I have to use Task Manager. Thinking perhaps there is a permissions issue, I have done the following:
- added the logged on user (is already Builtin/Administrator) to the Enterprise Admin group. Also changed local security policy to always elevate (which removed UAC prompts). Environment is Server 2008 Standard x64 and OPK Tools (think WAIK) for Windows 7 RC.