WPI 7.7.0 Buglist

Some configurations are now in config.js and not in useroptions.js

// Configurations tab
Configurations=[''];
ShowMultiDefault=false;
CheckOnLoad='none';

// ---
SortOrder=['PreInstall','Allgemein','Brenner','Development','Handy-Tools','Hardware','Internet','Microsoft','Multimedia','Office','Radio & TV','Sicherheit','Spiele','Toolz','VAIO','PostInstall'];

Is this a bug?

--> I create these files automatically - so I want to put the config in the right files. ;-)

Al

That's likely not a bug. The category sort order is available in the config menu now under the Configurations tab. I imagine they wanted all "config"-based entries to be kept seperate from the options. It took me a little bit to find it, but I think overall it's a good change.

I moved them because you could have multiple config.js files, but you are then limited to one options file (unless specify a different one). By moving those options each config file will be 100% independant of the options file. This will also bear more importance with the next version.

• 4 weeks later...

When you first run the latest WPI, it should open an alert like above. Make a backup of config.js and then let WPI update your config file. It will actually do it twice.

The number of commands was raised from 10 to unlimited, so the format has been changed a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Only bug i have found is.

The translation requested does not exist. Check your installation!.

Im running windows 7 danish.

even tho i have set it to english and saved. Then it would still come if i exit and start wpi up again and go into options the dialog is comin again..

I even tryed to select danish save and then select english again save then exit and start again. Comes up everytime :).

Is it me or will autoit files not work with wpi when trying to launch them at first logon?

And another thing. Is it just me or does wpi hangs abit? i dont have any cd/dvd insetted. im using wpi with usb stick.

After i got a mixup with WPI trying to set my frequency to 999. I had to go to safemode remove nvidia drivers and go into normal mode again. i had to go to useroptions.js and find the values and changes them back to system default, after that i started wpi and suddenly it was crazy fast without my graphic drivers installed. Whats with that?.

after installing nvidia drivers. rebooting. Launching wpi its abit slow again.

Edited by wazer

Never got any reports about the language problem you have. Set it to the first choice, system default, and see if it works. It could also be because the original translators had the wrong country codes for some languages. I have them all fixed.

What version are you using?

As far as the graphics being faster, if you are still using IE6, then yes, it will be slow.

Im running windows 7 with all updates applied and ofcouse ie 8.0.

And iv always used the newest version of WPI afaik v7.7.0

its not the graphic loading faster its overall with wpi everything in wpi ran fast when i didnt have installed drivers

Comp specs. Tho shudnt be a problem there.

cpu: q9550 quadcore

ram: 4giga patriot

gfx: nvidia 260 GTX

hdd: velochi raptors.

Edited by wazer

Im running windows 7 with all updates applied and ofcouse ie 8.0.

And iv always used the newest version of WPI afaik v7.7.0

its not the graphic loading faster its overall with wpi everything in wpi ran fast when i didnt have installed drivers

Comp specs. Tho shudnt be a problem there.

cpu: q9550 quadcore

ram: 4giga patriot

gfx: nvidia 260 GTX

hdd: velochi raptors.

Hi

Try "Sysinternal" tools like Process Explorer.exe or Process Monitor.exe to find out what process that hangs when you run WPI with nVidia drivers installed. (just an idea)

A link to sysinternals suite.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb842062.aspx

Best regards