WPI 7.8.0 Feature requests.

please excuse me if I'm overlooking something that's always been there - I have read the manual but haven't been able to find out how to keep my settings under options - the General tab - Tool Tip style customization.

I always set my own Tool Tip styles but every time I upgrade, they are back to the standard ones - it would be great if they were kept if I've changed them.

Ah yes, the lovely ol' tool tips...............

The problem is that each theme has it's own default style "sheet" for tips. That way the tips will match the theme colors,etc. Makes sense. Until you go to upgrade and the supplied default settings over-writes your settings.

The settings file can't be left out since it has all the theme-specific settings. When someone makes a theme, that file has to be there when someone downloads it from the web site.

So if you are using one of the themes in the archive, it will always overwrite anything you changed.

I will make a note and think some more on it. I totally understand the issue. It sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Request i would like to see in wpi if i may say it :)

1)

a option to set to volume for windows from 1 to 100%, like the resolution and hz settings.

when my wpi starts at the first time im always getting chocks ;( its louder than im trying to speak with my old grand foks.

2)

when you select the frequency to max my screen goes black. You guys should implent a confirm window because its trying to set my monitor frequency to 999 and same goes for bbp.

3)

when your in wpi screen and selecting options and you have done your settings, then im not allowed to go directly to config. I first have to save and exit options. I think it would be smart when i have done the settings i wanted then if i click on config it should autosave and go directly into config without having to save and exit and then launch config manually. That goes vice versa the other way aswell if you know what i mean.

4)

add C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe as {cscript} for vbs scripts mayb?

Edited by wazer

Wazer=

#1 WPI can set the volume of windows via the audio player tab. (I believe it does this globally, not just for WMP)

#2 Thats why there is a "Default" option. It will set it as told by windows and your system what is the best defualt for your setup. I always use the Resolution and Color Depth section but I NEVER set the refresh rate with it...

#3 It used to be that way but the way it was made it so people kept screwing up and not saving their settings. This way you have the option to either back-out and not save settings or to save settings and then backout. (Maybe mritter can make the suggestion of yours an option, But don't quote me.)

#4 cscript.exe is in windows 2000\sp4 and above. As WPI no longer supports The "Legacy" OS's we will not add it. (For older os's please see WPI Classic and add it in as a filecopy option.)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I put this in the 7.7.0 feature requests like a day or so before it was released, but I was wondering...

Would it be possible for you to add check boxes next to the entries in the config menu, and when delete is pressed, it will delete the entries that are checked? There are times when I have to condense the WPI I have on my network share so it'll fit (with just the latest versions of Office, WordPerfect, etc.) on a DVD, and having to "select, delete, yes" like 30+ entries can be kind of a pain, especially since it has to reload the config every time, which refreshes the list and puts the scrollbar back at the top again :( It's not really that big of a deal, but would be kind of useful in situations like that.

Edited by chaoticyeshua

Don't delete the entries completely, just set up multiple configurations: Full, Limited.

Assign each item to either, or both. When copy to DVD just copy the files you need.

When run from DVD select Limited config and only the in it will be selected.

Or do FileExists() conditions to hide the item when on DVD, but show on share.

The ChangeLog.txt will ALWAYS be current. The manual has fallen behind; Kels can't keep up with me. :P

Read that every new release.

If you have ANY ideas/requests/complaints, now is the time to post them. v8.0.0 is going to be a MAJOR release. So big I am jumping 2 versions.

If you have ANY ideas/requests/complaints, now is the time to post them. v8.0.0 is going to be a MAJOR release. So big I am jumping 2 versions.

Well, since you asked :whistle: ...

I cannot get {EXTRACT} to work if the target has a space in the path:

'{EXTRACT} %CDROM%\\DVD-Apps\\FlexRena80.rar "%ProgramFiles%\\Flexible Renamer\\"'

The above helpfully extracts to C:\Program ...

Maybe I've goofed somewhere, but if not, fixing that would allow be to package up some installers as .7z archives and drop them into the right place in one fell swoop.

There's a {FILECOPY} and a {FILEMOVE} but only a {DIRCOPY} ... {DIRMOVE} would save a subsequent {DELDIR}.

I also fiddle about in the menus a bit and NirCmd makes this easy with shorthand like this:

'%CDROM%\\DVD-Tools\\nircmd.exe execmd mkdir "~$folder.common_programs$\\Utilities"'

I could (I guess) define some environment variables with setEnv at start of day, but it would be nice to have (say) %MENU_COMMON_PROGRAMS% and %MENU_PROGRAMS% (etc.) available for the duration without having to create them myself via some contrived entry. Failing that somewhere to place "user created definitions" would be good. (I thought there used to be somewhere, but I cannot find it right now!).

Cheers

I would like to see user defined command-types (like configurations).

With a checkbox for each type on the left side of WPI.

e.g. I want to declare some commands as cleanup-commands and want to enable/disable them before I start the install-process.

Al

1. I want to define some command-Types: e.g. Cleanup, Registration, Settings

2. each command-type should get a configurable default-value (enabled/disabled)

3. I want to be able to set a command type on each command

4. for each command-type a checkbox should be displayed in the main-WPI-window to enabled/disable them

Example:

I want to define the types Cleanup, Registration and Settings, where cleanup is disabled by default.

No I set the types on each command I want:

"!CD!\Firefox Setup 3.5.3.exe" -ms -ira
[Settings] XCOPY /Y "!CD!\user.js" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\"
[Cleanup] @"%ROOT%\Tools\eMove.cmd" "Mozilla Firefox" "Internet"
[Cleanup] @DEL /Q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk"
[Cleanup] @DEL /Q "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Firefox.lnk"

msiexec /i "!CD!\ExpressoSetup3.msi" ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress /passive /norestart /qb
[Registration] "%ROOT%\Tools\REG.EXE" IMPORT "!CD!\register.reg"
[Cleanup] @"%ROOT%\Tools\eMove.cmd" "Expresso" "Development"

Now can enable or disable each command-type on the main-WPI screen and if I press install all commands with checked command-types or without declared command-types will be executed.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mritter & Kel

We'll if its going to be a major release, i would like to put in a request i mentioned before

Is there a way to set up multiple condition statements?

I use wpi a lot now for keeping software up-to-date, so all the recent wmi calls are great to determine the version of installed software, but what would be great is if i could do something like

ifSoftwareVersion(<2.0) then GreyedCondition='Red' & InstallCondition="Required"

ifSoftwareVersion(>2.0 & <3.0) then GreyedCondition = 'yellow' & InstallCondition = "Recommended"

ifSoftwareVersion(== 3.5) then GreyedCondition = 'green' & InstalledCondition = 'Not required'

Not sure how difficult this would be to implement or how, but do you think it would be useful?

thanks