NES game sells for $17,500USD

Tripredacus

A lot depends on how popular the game was, and how many people in the area you are trying to sell it in are interested, and (why what was posted was sold for what it was) how many are made. The amazing thing to me is that NES is relatively popular and you can get/pay some steep prices (for used) for the console itself or the games.

The last time I looked, the complete NES console, minus Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt, averaged about $25 US and a A-list title (something everyone liked and wants compared to demand, like Legend of Zelda or Mike Tyson's Punchout) averaged around $15-$25 US. Of course you can get less popular/plentiful games for much cheaper and find those easier than the A-list stuff.

Considering those prices for used items, the amazing part (to me) is when I got to talking to a few people that deal with these things. It seems that the reason those prices are high is that most of the parents today, who grew up on video games, are finding that Junior can't figure out the PS3, Xbox, or Gamecube when they get it, so the parents are going nostalgic. This also explains the "casual gaming" movement and the trend Nintendo has taken with the Wii towards it.

Interesting stuff...

Wow I have a few old NES games lying around. How much do you think I could get for say 'Zelda II: The Adventure of Link' (gold cartridge)?

Looks like $5-$10 US according to E-bay, assuming it works.

Edited by Glenn9999

Wow I have a few old NES games lying around. How much do you think I could get for say 'Zelda II: The Adventure of Link' (gold cartridge)?

Looks like $5-$10 US according to E-bay, assuming it works.

Ah well, I got a NES console, two controllers, two zappers and ten cartridges so maybe one day I will sell it as I'm a PC gamer.

I've considered buying an NES again but I'm picky. While the Famiclones are interesting enough that I almost bought them a handful of times, I am really looking for the NES-2, the top-loader. Problem is, I can't bring myself to spend over $50 for a 20 year old console.

I've considered buying an NES again but I'm picky. While the Famiclones are interesting enough that I almost bought them a handful of times, I am really looking for the NES-2, the top-loader. Problem is, I can't bring myself to spend over $50 for a 20 year old console.
I sold mine with 5 games for $50. :P Still have my SNES with Super Mario All-Stars, though. :D

It's not as bad as trying to find some of the classic PC games as they were on the shelves originally. Given the proliferation of DRM, and the attempts to eliminate the aftermarket through it, a lot of them are now going for $40-$50. Utterly ridiculous, but that's the market. If you want it bad enough, you'll pay.

It's not as bad as trying to find some of the classic PC games as they were on the shelves originally. Given the proliferation of DRM, and the attempts to eliminate the aftermarket through it, a lot of them are now going for $40-$50. Utterly ridiculous, but that's the market. If you want it bad enough, you'll pay.

I agree. A lot of the games I used to buy were used, back when GameStop and Electronics Boutique let you trade in PC games too. I wish that was still possible. Now you can only find old games online.