Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Bluetooth and Windows 98

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Guest_wsxedcrfv_*

Guest_wsxedcrfv_*
  • Guests
I recently purchased something called an Aircable Host XR - a USB-connected bluetooth transmitter - for use on a win-xp system. It came with absolutely zero software (no CD, no drivers, etc). There apparently is no drivers needed when connecting it to an XP system.

In the support section, they say that I have two choices for "older" Windows OS's: BlueSoleil and Tochiba Bluetooth Stack. The BlueSoleil appears to cost money to obtain, while the Tochiba (that's how they spell it, but it's actually Toshiba) software can be obtained at no cost.

http://aps2.toshiba-.../?page=download

I believe that's only for the "stack" and is not a driver for a USB bluetooth adapter.

Is there any generic win-98 driver for usb-based bluetooth adapters?

What about win-98 compatible bluetooth software?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

triger49

triger49

• PipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi ...

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings....

Those Toshiba drivers are not freeware, only work on toshiba products and expire after 60 days ....just went thru that.

There are bluetooth drivers out there for Win 9x, Broadcom, Dlink, Startech....etc. What you need to find out is what chipset is being used.

HTH

Jake

shae

shae

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
How can you find out the chipset?

Edit: It was simple enough in this case. ISSCEDRBTA for ISSC EDR Bluetooth Adapter. Now off to find suitable drivers. :)

Edited by shae, 07 January 2010 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN