Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KameSennin

Looking for your opinions ...

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to do some changes to my XP classic desktop with XPize v5 R4 Dark Side already installed.

1. my new StartMenu banner: ( I'm not sure if I use the correct font Tahoma )

sprite48x.th.png

2. and some modified cursors: ( from Aero theme, two animated )

sprite50.th.png

I upload a .rar file with the cursors for your testing.

Thanks and I'm waiting for your opinions.

Cursors.rar

Edited by KameSennin

Looks like there is no space between "WindowsXPProfessionalSP3" (maybe im li'l blind) but like it! :thumbup

Cursors looks ok, i think i can replace classic icons for the first time.

Personally I like standard 3D-White (system theme). But it contains two flat icons - Help Select and Link Select. I've made two replacement icons that fit the theme nicely (see attachment). But I don't know where the original resources located.

Cursors.zip

The Windows XP logo font is ITC Franklin Gothic, not Tahoma.

Thanks for your replies ! I'll try to do some modifications :sneaky:

Personally I like standard 3D-White (system theme). But it contains two flat icons - Help Select and Link Select. I've made two replacement icons that fit the theme nicely (see attachment). But I don't know where the original resources located.
For Windows, it's default folder to store cursors is C:\WINDOWS\Cursors . But is a good idea use any other safe folder ( away from the system partition ) to save your cursor theme and all related files: icons, events sounds, wallpapers ...

However, for activate our changes we need to go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers. After made the changes, we can save the name's theme.