Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Looking for your opinions ...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

KameSennin

KameSennin

• 13 posts
Hi, I'm trying to do some changes to my XP classic desktop with XPize v5 R4 Dark Side already installed.

1. my new StartMenu banner: ( I'm not sure if I use the correct font Tahoma )
Posted Image

2. and some modified cursors: ( from Aero theme, two animated )
Posted Image

I upload a .rar file with the cursors for your testing.

Thanks and I'm waiting for your opinions.

Attached Files

Edited by KameSennin, 31 July 2009 - 08:18 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Maxfutur

Maxfutur

• PipPip
  • 232 posts
Looks like there is no space between "WindowsXPProfessionalSP3" (maybe im li'l blind) but like it! :thumbup

Cursors looks ok, i think i can replace classic icons for the first time.
Mozilla Firefox http://www.getfirefox.com the best web browser i've used.

Hell Racer

Hell Racer

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts
Personally I like standard 3D-White (system theme). But it contains two flat icons - Help Select and Link Select. I've made two replacement icons that fit the theme nicely (see attachment). But I don't know where the original resources located.

Attached Files

Posted Image

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
The Windows XP logo font is ITC Franklin Gothic, not Tahoma.
Posted Image

KameSennin

KameSennin

• 13 posts
Thanks for your replies ! I'll try to do some modifications :sneaky:

Personally I like standard 3D-White (system theme). But it contains two flat icons - Help Select and Link Select. I've made two replacement icons that fit the theme nicely (see attachment). But I don't know where the original resources located.

For Windows, it's default folder to store cursors is C:\WINDOWS\Cursors . But is a good idea use any other safe folder ( away from the system partition ) to save your cursor theme and all related files: icons, events sounds, wallpapers ...
However, for activate our changes we need to go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers. After made the changes, we can save the name's theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN