USB boot and txtsetup.sif problem (nLited XP SP2 x64)

Rayearth

I prepare my USB bootable stick in Windows 7 x64 RC by using Start->cmd and:

1. list disk

2. diskpart

3. select disk X (X=USB drive number)

4. clean

5. create partition primary

6. select partition 1

7. active

8. format fs=fat32 quick

9. assign

10. exit

Then I open UltraISO->Bootable->Write disk image

Write method=USB-HDD+

and Write

I prepated Windows 7 RC USB bootable stick using above instructions and setup started with no problems.

I prepared nLited Windows XP SP2 x64 USB bootable stick the same way and txtsetup.sif corupt/missing problem occurs

I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif corupt/missing problem occures.

I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

I can't use WinSetupFromUSB program v0-2-3 coz it gives me error "grubinst.exe could not make a backup of MBR of disk #1" (yes, it is installed in a path with no spaces and it still does)

any ideas?

Edited by Rayearth

I prepared nLited Windows XP SP2 x64 USB bootable stick the same way and txtsetup.sif corupt/missing problem occurs

I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif corupt/missing problem occures.

I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

That's normal, directory structure is the same for CD/HD media for Vista and upwards, and different for Windows versions prior to Vista. Setupldr.bin expects $WIN_NT$.~BT folder (holding needed files for text mode) and txtsetup.sif in root. Next is $WIN_NT$.~LS folder, holding the source files.
I can't use WinSetupFromUSB program v0-2-3 coz it gives me error "grubinst.exe could not make a backup of MBR of disk #1" (yes, it is installed in a path with no spaces and it still does)

any ideas?

If you post the log file found in program's directory this may help. Backed up and cab compressed previous log files are in BACKUPS directory.