Adding custom desktop programs?
Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:42 AM
Any help would be gratefully recieved!!
Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:06 AM
- Copy install.wim from the Windows 7 media somewhere on the HD (if it's already on a USB stick/HD then you can skip this part)
- Run cmd as an administrator
- Create a folder for temporary offline modification (I just call mine OFFLINE)
- Run the following: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:[path to install.wim] /index:[index of your image inside the .wim file] /mountdir:[path to offline folder]
- Use Windows Explorer to copy your executables whereever you want under the OFFLINE folder (in your case, [path to offline folder]\users\default\desktop)
- Run the following: dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:[path to offline folder] /commit
- Burn/copy the modified install.wim back to the bootable installation media under the sources folder
I'm not 100% sure that this will work, as anything to do with the Default user folder is a hit or miss in my case, but for ANY other folder in the offline modification portion, I can copy absolutely anything and it will be there on next install.
This post has been edited by Dechy: 13 August 2009 - 08:08 AM
Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:20 AM
I've used the $OEM$ method for YEARS with XP, but never really like it... it ended up being pretty darn messy on the mdeium/distribution share.
I'm really starting to get the hang of offline image modifications/DISM/WSIM and I really don't see why I'd go back to using legacy stuff anymore.
- ← Problem with unattended Windows 7
- Unattended Windows 7/Server 2008R2
- Win 7 RTM - Can't format or partition | Used System Image Manager →