nlite questions ?

Bethrezen

hi

I was wondering is it possible to use nlite to modify an existing installation of windows the same way one can with xplite ? or can nlite only be used for pre-installation Windows configuration and component removal ??

if it can only make changes pre installation will there be an update at some point that allows for the modification of an existing windows installation ? and what about restoring removed components using my original xp disk is there an option that allow me to restore removed components like I can with xplite ?

finally is there some way to make nlite scan an existing configuration and have it show which components have already been removed and which have not

see I made an xp disk and I wanted to updated it with patches which have been released since I made it I was also going to remove some additional components which I didn't remove the first time round however when I load my existing disk into nlite and go to the component removal screen it doesn't show which components have already been removed and which are still present and i'm wondering if there is some was to have nlite perform a comparative scan between my original xp disk and my modified disk and show me which components I have already removed and which have not

You can only modify an XP source once; don't do it over and over on the same source. Use a fresh copy of your source and use the Last_Session.ini for your previous setting. Add the new patches into the nLite session and you'll get good results.

when I load my existing disk into nlite and go to the component removal screen it doesn't show which components have already been removed and which are still present

In the great line, removed components should not appear anymore. You "can" nLite a disc more times, but certain sequences lead to chaos, like integrating a Service Pack or an addon depending on removed components, adding/removing users and others.

XPLite disables components, nLite removes them. The concept is totally different. It's like puting your car's ash tray in the boot because you don't need it or leaving the spare wheel home to gain MPG. In the second case, a flat tire gets you stranded. Lots of your questions are about something nLite is not designed for and its developpement is stopped.

+ If you could please edit your first post to comply to rule 12 of the forum, it'd be nice. Every thread here is a "question about nLite". I'm very polite this time, so please don't react like this. :D