user being created as limited user not admin[solved]

b-man

i have created an xp cd but when i log in the run once comes up with errors about privileges and i have found that the account seems to be a limited 1 even tho i have set it as administrator

[Users]
Administrator|||False|Administrators||False|True|True
Guest|||False|Guests||True|False|False
user|||True|Administrators|pass|False|True|True

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by b-man

Administrator|||False|Administrators||False|True|True

The first False means that the account will not be active. Did you try switching that to True?

Also, I assume you are disabling the Administrator account for security reasons. Well, you should not. You should rename the built-in accounts instead:

[users]

Super_User|||True|Administrators|adminpass|False|True|True

Unprivileged_User|||False|Guests||True|False|False

user|||True|Administrators|userpass|False|True|True

Also, since you did not specify any passwords, you should change the highlighted flags to False. Or, if you want to keep those True, specify the passwords at the highlighted locations.

Edited by Csimbi

What's wrong with disabling the administrator account? I normally rename it but I was thinking of disabling it.

I cant recall what it is right now but I came across a bug that manifests itself when you use nLite to rename the admin account. It had something to do with creating other accounts.

I have a gut feeling that it is not a good idea to disable the Admin account during setup; you can disable it later from RunOnceEx, using the NET command. Anyway, it's just a gut feeling, checking if that might be causing the problem.

I did not have any bug with renaming the accounts - works like a charm here.

Edited by Csimbi

Here's the bug...

accountsbugnlite.png

When you go to create a new user, it doesn't realize there is already an administrator account.

You can either create another admin there or use Local Users and Groups in Computer Management to bypass the bug.

Edited by -X-

the userpass is actually the password so there is a password present

i have enabled the admin and see if that works i disabled it because even tho i had the dont show admin on the welcome screen it was still showing

edit

ok still no luck the only thing i can think of is its the ini file im loading now thats causing the problem its the only thing i havent changed, i have recopied the source from the original disk, removed the oem pre install folder,

no matter what i do i seem to get the admin displaying on the welcome screen even tho the tweak isnt set to show i can only thing that is because its not creating the user as an admin

reedit

solved should of showed u all the info in the last session_u.ini i had the user and computer name the same and it caused that problem

Edited by b-man

As far as I know, this is not a bug. You need to create another account with Admin privileges even if you did not change the name of the Administrator account.

I finally got around to confirming that last night in a VM and you are correct...not a bug.