Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

remember my password checkbox is gone

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pieter.maes

pieter.maes
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-August 09
I have used Nlite to strip my Windows xp pro now on my gmail and network logon message the option to save my credentials withe the check box REMEMBER MY PASSWORD is gone when running the original Windows XP its back i must have f* up the stripping. Anyone any ideas that dont invole to mutch work, thank you o wise ones...

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,479 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Is the Security Accounts Manager service running? I don't think you can remove it with nLite but maybe it's disabled.
[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

pieter.maes

pieter.maes
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-August 09
Yes it is running, i am 100% sure i disabeledwith nLite cuz i did it before and don't remember how i solved it last time but it took me a couple of months to find it and then it was by accident i resolved it...

iamtheky

iamtheky

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 11-November 08
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Value Name = DisablePasswordCaching
Data Type = REG_DWORD
Value Data = {0 = default/enabled, 1 = disabled}

maybe?

***http://blog.raamdev.com/2007/05/01/internet-explorer-remember-my-password-checkbox-missing

also suggests making sure the protected storage service is enabled.

Edited by iamtheky, 24 August 2009 - 10:31 AM.

iamtheKy

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,479 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Ah yes, its protected storage not security accounts manager. My memory failed me. I remember now when I used to turn that off password saving would not work in IE.
[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

pieter.maes

pieter.maes
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-August 09
I checked it out but it was already running and the register was also correct. I have found awork arround that works for me so thx for the info buts it no longer nescesary....

iamtheky

iamtheky

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 11-November 08
it would be very polite of you to post that workaround in case others experience the same issues. ;)
iamtheKy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users