Installation DVD

Octopuss

From what I understand, it is legal to get the installation data from whatever source, it's just a matter of having a legal cd-key.

If it is true, could anyone here provide me with (probably) a link for Home Premium OEM version, preferrably 64bit, image? Taking it via PM works just as well. I am to reinstall friend's notebook, but he didn't get the DVD (uh?). There is the Ms sticker with key though.

I hope it is not against the rules!! If yes, I'd like the first mod to spot this thread to just tell me so and not banning my a** :P

I believe you are correct, you can install from any disk and use your legal key, BUT the key on the Notebook is probably an OEM key and it will probably only allow the same version to be installed as original.

Are you sure there is not a hidden partition on your friends notebook with a shadow copy of the whole OS and installed programs? If not, there has to be a way to get an ISO from the manufacturer of the Notebook.

From what I understand, it is legal to get the installation data from whatever source, it's just a matter of having a legal cd-key.

Point is that REDISTRIBUTION of files is PROHIBITED, or at least it was last time I checked EULA's.

In other words, and please more experienced in this sector members do correct me if I am wrong, there is not anything wrong in you USING "other" files as long as you use an original licensed key, BUT the one GIVING you the files is breaking the EULA.

jaclaz

Basically, yes, the distributor is in the wrong (although downloading a copy off of some random place on the internet can be an unsafe thing to do). Ultimately though, the copy is a warez copy, so steer clear - forum rules prohibit any discussions of warez here, but I know this is more of a procedural question. No bans, but if you're gonna get a warez copy of Windows best not to discuss it here.