Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Reg tweaking program for Vista?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Quad

Quad

• 27 posts
  • Joined 10-July 09
Could anyone help me with a program to tweak vista reg settings wich i can export to a .reg file?
Ive been looking in the forum but all i could find is such a tool for XP.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
1. search google for "regshot"
2. download it.
3. run it.
4. take 1st shot of registry using regshot
5. run your tweaking program ( like tuneup utilities, vista manager, vista tweak etc. and set any 1 tweak you want.
6. take 2nd shot of registry using regshot.
7. compare registry changes..
8. get the changed values from 1st shot to 2nd shot.
9. save those values as .reg file.
10. done!

:)
Primary - Q9450@3.6GHz | 8GB G.Skill 1000MHz | Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 F3b mobo. | 1.5TB Storage | Sappgire HD4890 | HomeMade H2O Kit | Antec NeoPower Blue 650w
Secondary - E8400 3.00@ 4.05GHz | 4 GB Crucial Ballistix | ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo. | 250GB Storage | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 512MB | OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler | Coolermaster 500w

Jadestar

Jadestar

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07
Have you tried the xp tool? It might work in vista aswell...the registries are very close to being the same.

For me when I was making my own regtweaks.reg file I simply googled up what i wanted to do and added "registry" to the search so like "turning off screen saver vista registry" found the solution and added the line to my file. Took a bit but it works.

jazzyb88

jazzyb88
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 14-November 09
Try 'Tweaking Toolbox Vista.' It has the export function you are looking for (but only for the paid version).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users