xpize 5 Release 6

W3bbo

Uninstalled R5 and installed succesfully R6 but... where are fedora icons? Are they removed from R5 to R6?

The Fedora cursors? They're included in xpize 5R6 but might not be installed if the uninstall wasn't clean. Check your %windir%\Cursors directory.

As for Luna Element, that's an issue with the shellsyle.dll, not explorer.exe. It's a minor thing, I'd overlook it.

Yes sorry, cursors...

After uninstalling R5 and installing R6 i've 2 folders under %windir%\Cursors, one is called Fedora Inverse with cursors and the other is Predefinita di Windows (Windows Default), empty, but from control panel i don't see any scheme called like folders :huh:

Now i've created from mouse properties... Uhm

Hi,

I started xpize installer then cancelled it (just after the update check routine, which has been blocked by my firewall). It is now impossible to start it again, it says "detected previous installation which needs computer restart".

I restarted the computer, cleaned my temporary files, and checked the "pending operations" registry keys you mentionned above. Still unable to start a new installation...

"/ignoreCondition" switch workarounds the problem, but I'd rather know the culprit. Any clue ? thank you

edit, here is my PendingFileRenameOperations reg entry :

\??\C:\DOCUME~1\OuT\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\index.dat
\??\C:\DOCUME~1\OuT\LOCALS~1\History\History.IE5\index.dat

if you wish, my IE version is 7

edit 2, after the same cleanup/reboot procedure one more time, it now works... do not know exactly what changed

Cheers

Edited by OuTmAn

Hi. :hello:

First, thanks for XPize developers for such great software,

I have been using it since version 4.

I haven't tried R6 yet but with R5 there is no image in

Add Scheduled Task wizard (Start > Run > "Tasks").

I found some other programs still using old icons too:

- mobsync.exe

- cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup tab icons)

- Most %WINDIR%\System32\*.mmc (title bar & inside program icons)

- main.cpl (mouse picture)

I am not sure if this problem is only happen to me or

not, but my XP SP3 is fresh clean install (no mod, just

SATA driver).

edit, here is my PendingFileRenameOperations reg entry :

\??\C:\DOCUME~1\OuT\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\index.dat
\??\C:\DOCUME~1\OuT\LOCALS~1\History\History.IE5\index.dat

if you wish, my IE version is 7

edit 2, after the same cleanup/reboot procedure one more time, it now works... do not know exactly what changed

Files listed in PendingFileRenameOperations are renamed during a reboot, so after a reboot they won't be there anymore. A single reboot is all you need in most cases.

Hi. :hello:

First, thanks for XPize developers for such great software,

I have been using it since version 4.

I haven't tried R6 yet but with R5 there is no image in

Thanks for the feedback. 5R6 does not correct the issues you've described, but I'll put them on a list for future consideration if I ever get round to a Release 7 (unlikely).

Thank you so much, W3bbo! :) Just installed it, it feels so nice and complete! :thumbup

Okay, now let's get down to problems :blushing:

1. A lot of elements in Advanced tree aren't properly labeled and contain no description.

wU5ThVDH47.png

I want to skip *.rar file type icon install, but can't find it... (not WinRar theme, that's what I can find and uncheck)

2. It still changes power off and log off screen buttons even I unselect all themes. I think I can work around this problem by deleting some temporary file, but it's quite annoying to do that every time.

3GH6Rd42TJ.png

3. Advanced options dialog's font is different from wizard font. For some languages it's quite annoying (also it's taskbar icon is default Visual Studio form icon).

pcHJKk2IF3.png

4. MMC still has a lot of old icons...

oZp9HxKvUU.png

Also every time I install XPize I select and unselect a lot of elements in the tree manually and it's quite hard to not make a mistake and forget something... Is it possible to implement some kind of selection remembering functionality, e.g. save selection as template or something to load it when installing XPize next time?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Edited by Hell Racer

something to load it when installing XPize next time?

Actually it was planned, that R6 will include a reloader feature...

Maybe this will come in a future version. :)

You wish. I'm taking a break for a looooong time. If anyone wants to carry on after me, let me know.

Thank you so much, W3bbo! :) Just installed it, it feels so nice and complete! :thumbup

Okay, now let's get down to problems :blushing:

1. A lot of elements in Advanced tree aren't properly labeled and contain no description.

wU5ThVDH47.png

I want to skip *.rar file type icon install, but can't find it... (not WinRar theme, that's what I can find and uncheck)

2. It still changes power off and log off screen buttons even I unselect all themes. I think I can work around this problem by deleting some temporary file, but it's quite annoying to do that every time.

3GH6Rd42TJ.png

3. Advanced options dialog's font is different from wizard font. For some languages it's quite annoying (also it's taskbar icon is default Visual Studio form icon).

pcHJKk2IF3.png

4. MMC still has a lot of old icons...

oZp9HxKvUU.png

Also every time I install XPize I select and unselect a lot of elements in the tree manually and it's quite hard to not make a mistake and forget something... Is it possible to implement some kind of selection remembering functionality, e.g. save selection as template or something to load it when installing XPize next time?

Thanks,

Vladimir

This is where the custom icon packs come into play, somebody can fix/add to the default theme and improove it later...the most important part is the program

This is where the custom icon packs come into play, somebody can fix/add to the default theme and improove it later...the most important part is the program

That's right. I've updated the downloadable tools, so let's see what the users make of them.

Hi, some suggests :

1) 7-Zip theme doesn't have transparency: some icons have black background, others have white (or grey don't remember) background. Might be due to my visual style, I don't use those of xpize... no screenshot, could provide if needed

2) because there is alot of options to (un)check in the installer, it would be very convenient if, when a child box is unchecked, the parent box became checked, but on a greyed box, instead of remaining unchanged

Otherwise, this xpize resurrection is really impressive

Cheers