xpize 5 Release 6

W3bbo

32bit.

The problem first appears right after I rebooted from xpize 5.4. I posted the problem immediately at the time. But no developers replied about the problem on the forum.

But I may have discovered a fix.

I had a brain wave just now and ran Tweak UI. I used the Explorer>Shortcut option and altered this setting to None and then back to Arrow.

I've now got the + symbol and the shortcut icon back on the mouse. :yes:

Edited by quatermass

Hello , I am new here , so I do not really know if this is the correct place to drop my problem , I installed yesterday Xpize 5 (last version) Windows XP accepted it , but when rebooting it failed , pc keeps rebooting again and again but does not come to start , could anyone help please ????

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hello , I am new here , so I do not really know if this is the correct place to drop my problem , I installed yesterday Xpize 5 (last version) Windows XP accepted it , but when rebooting it failed , pc keeps rebooting again and again but does not come to start , could anyone help please ????

Thanks in advance

Can you boot into safemode by pressing F8 during startup?

• 3 months later...

Question about the Steam/team fortress/xfire bug: Is there a workaround/fix for this?

I don't rely on xfire much but i definitely do use it. Are my choices no xpise installed with xfire working vs xpise installed and no xfire?

Likewise with Team Fortress 2.

I'm working on a windows XP image and I'd like to integrate xpise or install it right after the fact, but if there is no work around I'll have to leave it out ='(

• 5 months later...

Question about the Steam/team fortress/xfire bug: Is there a workaround/fix for this?

I don't rely on xfire much but i definitely do use it. Are my choices no xpise installed with xfire working vs xpise installed and no xfire?

Likewise with Team Fortress 2.

I'm working on a windows XP image and I'd like to integrate xpise or install it right after the fact, but if there is no work around I'll have to leave it out ='(

I appreciate I'm posting 6 months after you, but I haven't received any reports of any issues with XFire or Steam since the 5.0 Beta, which was 18 months ago. I'm running Steam right now, and I play TF2 a lot without any issues.

• 1 month later...

xpize 5 Release 7 omgnuts.

I still need go through the installation feedback results people have been sending in, because there are a few bugs commonly reported (by pretty much 99% of all submitted results). But here are the major resource changes I'll be making:

Seeming as Windows XP SP4 is not expected...ever (it doesn't look like we'll even get an Update Rollup) so I don't need to gamble on any major Windows system files changing.

Here's the list of planned fixes. Some things might not necesarily be able to fix, however:

• Scheduled Task wizard banner is missing
  • Outlook Express - 'home page' (aka 'tip of the day page') background image is a 1999-style monochrome JPEG that visibly tiles when the window is taller than 800px. There are also a few other 1999-style resources in there too.
  • Internet Explorer 8 - I'll look into tidying up some of the artwork because I'm disappointed at how badly a lot of it came out as. It's hard to make original XP-style artwork without the vector originals, even harder when it's at the awkward 24x24 size.
  • Other files I (and others) have identified:
    • mobsync.exe
    • cleanmgr.exe
    • main.cpl - Mouse button picture (this was fixed in an earlier version of XPize but was reverted, I want to find out why)
    • mstask.dll
    • WordPad toolbar
    • Freecell.exe

And changes to Anolis.Installer (these will also apply to Vize, and Sevenize, and any other package making use of the updated installer):

• 'Advanced' tree view now pops out in a new resizable window, no more claustrophobia
  • Fix a few astray icons
  • Use the HK flag for Chinese Traditional (and correct the spelling)

Gimmie a few weeks, k?

Hey W3bbo can you hex edit with anolis?

If so how about adding this 32bit icon patch for regedit.exe and taskmgr.exe

http://www.wincert.n...for-windows-xp/

The library already includes methods for patching binary files (it's used by the UxTheme patcher), but I haven't devised a way to express this in the Package XML format. I'll get on that.

Note that because editing the .text section of a PE is inherently unsafe (and runs a massive potential of seriously messing things up) I'll need to restrict it to known tested versions and provide other safeguards. Thank you for the link.

after installing there is no way to repair xpize/reset settings? just uninstalling? or do we need to redownload xpize to reapply settings? i'm asking cause i remember with older versions there was always settings to play with in the startmenu... but i'm ok with that it's only that iv'e got through something weird today...

testbp.png

i have been using a custom unattended xp for years now... and this time i formated my hdd and reinstalled it everything ok until i installed latest xpize to revert the theme cause i don't like the theme it comes with at all... it has that black vista thing (orb?)... but it won't change it... installed uninstalled reinstalled rebooted etc it changes everything theme icons logon ui etc but that single thing remains the same... always used to work ok.

any clues?

Edited by vartaxe

i have been using a custom unattended xp for years now... and this time i formated my hdd and reinstalled it everything ok until i installed latest xpize to revert the theme cause i don't like the theme it comes with at all... it has that black vista thing (orb?)... but it won't change it... installed uninstalled reinstalled rebooted etc it changes everything theme icons logon ui etc but that single thing remains the same... always used to work ok.

any clues?

xpize does not add any Windows Vista-style elements to Windows, and doesn't touch Windows Explorer's activity throbber, so I'm guessing that change was made by another modification tool you ran.

• 5 weeks later...

I have XPSP3RTM updated till date I tried to install but the installer says some other installer is pending restart PC to contnue no luck after restart

Then I tried this with fresh XPSP3RTM on VMware it says installer cannot start...what can be the issue ... and How can I extrat the files from installer so that I can repalce them manually with the one I want.....thanks in advance

I have XPSP3RTM updated till date I tried to install but the installer says some other installer is pending restart PC to contnue no luck after restart

Then I tried this with fresh XPSP3RTM on VMware it says installer cannot start...what can be the issue ... and How can I extrat the files from installer so that I can repalce them manually with the one I want.....thanks in advance

You can't extract files from the installer, by design ;)

Anyway, if you're stuck at the "pending reboot" screen, just run the installer with the /ignoreCondition switch and it'll let you in.

• 5 months later...