xpize 5 Release 7 omgnuts.
I still need go through the installation feedback results people have been sending in, because there are a few bugs commonly reported (by pretty much 99% of all submitted results). But here are the major resource changes I'll be making:
Seeming as Windows XP SP4 is not expected...ever
(it doesn't look like we'll even get an Update Rollup) so I don't need to gamble on any major Windows system files changing.
Here's the list of planned
fixes. Some things might not necesarily be able to fix, however:
- Scheduled Task wizard banner is missing
- Outlook Express - 'home page' (aka 'tip of the day page') background image is a 1999-style monochrome JPEG that visibly tiles when the window is taller than 800px. There are also a few other 1999-style resources in there too.
- Internet Explorer 8 - I'll look into tidying up some of the artwork because I'm disappointed at how badly a lot of it came out as. It's hard to make original XP-style artwork without the vector originals, even harder when it's at the awkward 24x24 size.
- Other files I (and others) have identified:
- main.cpl - Mouse button picture (this was fixed in an earlier version of XPize but was reverted, I want to find out why)
- WordPad toolbar
And changes to Anolis.Installer (these will also apply to Vize, and Sevenize, and any other package making use of the updated installer):
- 'Advanced' tree view now pops out in a new resizable window, no more claustrophobia
- Fix a few astray icons
- Use the HK flag for Chinese Traditional (and correct the spelling)
Gimmie a few weeks, k?