Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

It might as well be the BSOD!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

truerollers

truerollers

• 12 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
Here is the error... if anyone else has had these... maybe you know how to stop them...

FATAL ERROR!

SXS.DLL Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT\Windows\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.man" on line 4.

Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms Error message Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

Weird thing is when I run my CD ISO on Microsoft Virtual PC 2004, I have no problems, no errors, nothing. But I have burned 4 CD's now that generate this error, technical termed: coasters!, and all were brand new out of wrapped package. If you need any system info... I am using a Memorex 52x24x52x CDRW, on a P4 1.5Ghz with 1024MB ram. Please help. Thank you in advance!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

big_gie

big_gie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03
I was did a CD wich was working great in VirtualPC/VMWare, but when burning it it was giving me a BSOD while installing...

I don't know what it was, but it solved the problem to make a new I386 folder with fresh files.

truerollers

truerollers

• 12 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
New error, I am beginning to suspect my CD, it looks clean, I don't see any scratches but hey, I'm broke and only have 2 more CD's... I actually ran the CD in Microsoft VPC 04, here is the error, I am not sure if its the CD, or possibly Easy CD Creator "burping" when it gets to this file... only because another CD I made came up with simmilar errors, possibly in the same file. Here are the errors... (First is the error, Second is the Setup Log)

Fatal Error

An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from
continuing.

One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup
could not be installed.

A component's file does not match the verification information
present in the
componnent manifest.

Press OK to view the Setup log file.

Error:
SXS.DLL: Syntax error in maifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT
\Windows\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN" on line 4.

Error:
Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms.  Error Message: A component's file does not match
the verification information present in the
component manifest.

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be
installed.

A component's file does not match the verification information present in the
component manifest.

big_gie

big_gie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03
This is from your original cd?

Than your not lucky...

Thats why you need to backup your original!!!

truerollers

truerollers

• 12 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
No my original is clean, I made a new SP1 cd on my HD... maybe i should do it over again, with fresh files and a new CD... so much work... LOL I am making my Unattended CD way too complicated!

big_gie

big_gie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03
hehe :)

just copy the I386 folder (hope you didn't worked on the dx9 slipstreaming...)

And please do not write a CD-R each time!

Make an iso.

Boot it with Virtual PC or VMWare
http://www.microsoft...wsxp/virtualpc/
http://www.vmware.co...s_features.html

If it works, write a CD-RW and boot it on a real computer. CD-RW are cheap now.. you don't have any excuses :rolleyes:

And finaly, when everything is done, write a CD-R...

truerollers

truerollers

• 12 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
LOL, yeah, you are right. No, I didn't do DX9 slipstreaming, I just put it in my setup (Durring the T-13). But I will have to remake the I386 folder because I slipstreamed SP1, only takes like 1 minute so its not too bad. Well, I will try again, keep y'all posted!

I think it may have been the CD though, I doubt my burner would make the same mistake twice, though 2 cd's with errors in the same place is just as unlikely, but the ISO works under Virtual PC, so who knows, hope this works!

big_gie

big_gie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03
I like virtual pc but I must admit its not as stable as vmware... Some people had problems with virtual pc, so if it works/doesnt works in virtualpc, it doesnt mean that it will on a CD-r...

And now tha micro$oft got the hand on it... not sure what it will look like...:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN