xpize 5 lite

Hell Racer

Okay, there's no possibility to save selections during xpize install and I do a lot of them :), e.g. I don't install visual styles (except some Luna Element bitmaps for wizards), themes, cursors and skins, also I have to remove some files from temp directory during install to keep logon/logoff buttons unpatched. Therefore I decided to try to create some lite package without all of these elements just for myself, which exactly meets my personal needs. Well, I still can't believe it, but it seems like it works :). The question is: does anyone also interested in the xpize 5 lite? Remember that it only patches icons, bitmaps and animations.

I do a lot of un-selections too.

I just install all icons, Blue element bitmaps and the Microsoft signed themes.

I'll like it!

I just want to make my XP became a XP, i don't want it:

boot.jpg

neater it:

vs_lunaroyale.jpg

I think it neads a new option to just patch icons and add the blues wizards (), and no logonui, and others themes (just the signed by MS)

I like the idea a lot

Okay, I've uploaded it here - http://www.filesavr.com/xpize5lite01 . Remember this is customized package that I use myself, and it may not meet your personal needs. Also this is my first experience and it may contain some bugs (and I'm sure it does :)). Thanks :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- xpize 5 lite 0.1

= Changes compared to xpize 5 Release 6

* Removed all custom visual styles and themes (except some Luna Element bitmaps)

* Removed custom WinRar and 7-zip themes

* Removed custom cursor scheme

* Added fix to standard 3D-White cursor scheme (you need to reselect it in Control Panel)

* Some minor fixes

Edited by Hell Racer

Okay, I've uploaded it here - http://www.filesavr.com/xpize5lite01 . Remember this is customized package that I use myself, and it may not meet your personal needs. Also this is my first experience and it may contain some bugs (and I'm sure it does :)). Thanks :)

- xpize 5 lite 0.1

= Changes compared to xpize 5 Release 6

* Removed all custom visual styles and themes (except some Luna Element bitmaps)

* Removed custom WinRar and 7-zip themes

* Removed custom cursor scheme

* Added fix to standard 3D-White cursor scheme (you need to reselect it in Control Panel)

* Some minor fixes

I do support on your project. The aim of xpize is to make Windows XP more XP (style-matched), this is what I have mentioned in this forum many many times. All other customizations should theoretically not included in the application. If those users wanna make their XP more fashioned or stylish, they may download this type of software on the web for another purpose.

By the way, it is unreachable about your upload "http://www.filesavr.com/xpize5lite01", is it available if you put it on another upload server?

Edited by tkrojam

By the way, it is unreachable about your upload "http://www.filesavr.com/xpize5lite01", is it available if you put it on another upload server?

Yeah, it has been downloaded 8 times, and it was removed automatically after a week of non activity. Please advise me some nice upload server, and I'll upload it once more :).

Sendspace, Rapidshare, Megaupload and Yousendit are all upload servers I am used to. You can choose one which all xpize users are permitted by their ISP.

Edited by tkrojam

• 2 weeks later...

@Hellraiser

Try Windows Live Skydrive. You get 25gb free disk space. You make any portion of the space available to public by a hyperlink, supports drag n' drop with XP Windows Explorer, and the account does not expire.

Also Adrive, my favorite provides 50gb of free disk space, but no drag n' drop with free service.

Lastly, Dropbox which only provides 2gb of space but upgradeable by paid subscription, buts support real disk syncing form your desktop. Basically, you use the space as a Windows Share, and if you want to sync you copy your file to your Dropbox share. Great for documentation or small .exe files.

mhmallory

Edited by mhmallory

• 1 month later...