Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

runnin17

runnin17
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
I ran into the first snag. My Brother HL-2070N network printer driver won't install. I select the right printer driver and the printer is recognized on the network, but the driver will not install. I keep getting an error message saying that windows does not recognize the driver, but I know it is the right driver.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Professional with the 7Media64 settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 19-November 08

I ran into the first snag. My Brother HL-2070N network printer driver won't install. I select the right printer driver and the printer is recognized on the network, but the driver will not install. I keep getting an error message saying that windows does not recognize the driver, but I know it is the right driver.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Professional with the 7Media64 settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That should work. Media64 removes the least. Someone else might know the answer to this my guess is leaning towards a service that was removed or disabled... :whistle:

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

can you post a screenshot? maybe you could force the driver install?

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 19-November 08

can you post a screenshot? maybe you could force the driver install?

Hey dead whats up long time no chat how is it going bro ?

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

Hey dead whats up long time no chat how is it going bro ?

hey liquid, not bad mate! how's yourself?

atolica

atolica

ENT Surgeon

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 15-December 05

When using the extreme version of this script (did not try the other ones) installing on VMware workstation 7 (and most likely esxi4 and workstation 6.5) the LAN drivers cannot be loaded.
Intel drivers package does not work either and manual installation will not work.

VM machines versions 6+ use by default the e1000 intel emulation. (changing to vlance or vmxnet will not help)

The solution to this is to remove (or REM) the following lines on the "removal.bat"

%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%

Most likely the first one is the one that is actually needed but I was a bit lazy to check what drivers are included in the second one.
Have fun.

keywords:
"vmware workstation server 7 esxi e1000 drivers lan network"

I am having the same problem as you analyzerx. Just upgraded to vmware 7 and found out that I no longer have network access. Vmware tools failes to install the proper network drivers. I tested by building a 7elite32 build twice, removing one of the two lines
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
to see which one is to blame. It seems both are needed for ethernet access in vmware. I am testing with both packages removed right now.

mikevhl

mikevhl
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
I followed the 7elite32 Guide on my x64 system. had to remove some components from the batch file.
Now, when I boot into the ISO with either real hardware or VirtualBox, I get a BSOD Saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
blablabla
0x00000050 (0x84A00000, 0x00000001, 0x89C427D3, 0x00000000)

hElP Me pl0x Omgz0rs o__0
xD

but please, can anyone tell me what this means?
Greets, Mike

nemesis002

nemesis002
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-September 09
Thanx Liquid0624 !

Great work !

Regards,

:)

lowfat

lowfat
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-November 09
I am having issues when trying to connect to a shared drive on the machine I just installed 7elite64 on. When I try to connect to the share, it fails when I try to enter the password. I assume it is because 'Credential Manager' has been removed. I've created a work around by allowing anyone to access the data without the need to be logged in. Does anyone know what to re-enable to get 'Credential Manager' back working?

dridzz

dridzz

• 41 posts
  • Joined 07-June 08
Do I need to keep application experience ?, because when I remove it the install fails

MrJinje

MrJinje

Toolâ„¢ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09

Do I need to keep application experience ?, because when I remove it the install fails

Do I really need to answer this question ?, because you kinda pulled a columbo and already answered it.

For others. Read this - SEE DO NOT DELETE Section.

(RECOMMENDED NOT TO DELETE or there could be BAD consequences)
*Application Experience (Will be VERY annoying if removed)

EDIT: On second thought, that post hasn't been edited in a while. Is it still current ?

This post has been edited by FridgeTooFar: Jun 10 2009, 03:11 PM

Edited by MrJinje, 23 November 2009 - 11:57 PM.

dridzz

dridzz

• 41 posts
  • Joined 07-June 08
*Solved*

Edited by dridzz, 24 November 2009 - 07:45 PM.

atolica

atolica

ENT Surgeon

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 15-December 05
Do you guys know what NOT to remove as to keep Network Discovery function working ???? I kept SSDP service And Plug And Play services, but Network Discovery still doesn't work. I switched it on, but it won't stay active.

Also when I create a VPN connection and dial-in I get "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

In really need to be able to use the VPN connection.

Any help might be helpful.

avnerk

avnerk

• 18 posts
  • Joined 22-October 07
I'm using the guide and when i get to the mount and removal part, it mounts ok, and on removal it shows about 4 packages successful, but then I get this
message from the 5th on until the end:

" The specified image is no longer serviceable."

can anyone help?

Thanks

Update:Solved!!

Managed to remove all by using AIK for win7.
What I plan to do now is uninstall AIK 7 and install AIK Vista SP1 for the Vlite part. I hope that will work.

Another Update December 2nd:

Managed to Vlite the Win7 source (after the removal part), with Win7 AIK, with the attched Last Session.ini file.
Now the installation source was 1.8GB.
I then ran 7custimze (A great and promissing program u can find in the "Unattended Windows 7" forum) for integration of Windows Updates, some tweaks and more.
Burned and installed.

Thanks Liquid0624, thanks blue4603

avnerk

Attached Files

Edited by avnerk, 02 December 2009 - 05:16 PM.

GetCool

GetCool

• 12 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

as has been mentioned many times, you need to copy the setup.exe from the sources folder, not the root!!! :blink:

It may have been mentioned many times, but the current PDF guide does not specify. It says:

20) [...] If you used an image, open your imaging software such as, PowerISO or UltraISO to browse the files. If you used an actual Windows 7 Setup Disc, you will need to insert the disc into the DVD drive and navigate using Computer. The concept is that vLite removed the "setup.exe" file, but you need the original "setup.exe" file or your install will not work but will fail instead. Right click the "setup.exe" file and left click to copy the file; then continue to STEP 21.

It's just not all that clear. I'm not trying to be critical, as I am a big fan of this guide, but I think it should eventually be clarified when this PDF gets updated next.

lowfat

lowfat
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-November 09
What do i have to uncheck in vlite so I don't get this 'You may be a victim of counterfeiting' window popping up daily? My copies are legit and it is getting rather annoying.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

It may have been mentioned many times, but the current PDF guide does not specify. It says:

20) [...] If you used an image, open your imaging software such as, PowerISO or UltraISO to browse the files. If you used an actual Windows 7 Setup Disc, you will need to insert the disc into the DVD drive and navigate using Computer. The concept is that vLite removed the "setup.exe" file, but you need the original "setup.exe" file or your install will not work but will fail instead. Right click the "setup.exe" file and left click to copy the file; then continue to STEP 21.

It's just not all that clear. I'm not trying to be critical, as I am a big fan of this guide, but I think it should eventually be clarified when this PDF gets updated next.

you are correct as the guide does seem a bit unclear in step 20 but in step 21, it says to copy the setup.exe into the sources folder! it should say which setup.exe to copy into the ssources folder??? :P

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

What do i have to uncheck in vlite so I don't get this 'You may be a victim of counterfeiting' window popping up daily? My copies are legit and it is getting rather annoying.

i dont think vlite removes anything involving activation which usually causes the counterfeit popups? I'd suggest you contact microsoft for a bit of technical assistance...?

lowfat

lowfat
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-November 09

i dont think vlite removes anything involving activation which usually causes the counterfeit popups? I'd suggest you contact microsoft for a bit of technical assistance...?

I think it has to do with Windows Update. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time it happens.

lowfat

lowfat
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-November 09
Posted Image
As you can see it says 'optional update delivery is not working' at the top.

Aftershock

Aftershock
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-December 09
How can i remove the hibernation mode?

Junior2613

Junior2613

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 21-June 09
@aftershock: to get rid of hiberfil.sys open up CMD with admin rights then type powercg.exe -h off

Aftershock

Aftershock
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-December 09
It's okay...but i want to remove before install...it's possible?

Edited by Aftershock, 21 December 2009 - 01:55 PM.

Junior2613

Junior2613

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 21-June 09
In vLite under the tweaks selection I think it is in system. You can disable it there

EneergE

EneergE

• 34 posts
  • Joined 06-May 06
I've had some problems using the 7elite version:

- Permission/Locking errors: When using Visual Studio 2008 to compile programs, after testing two or three times it begins running into permission/locking issues where it is unable to create a new solution for my code. I've also just ran into another issue where I was trying to download a file from Firefox. When I clicked to download a file (mIRC.com) to my personal folder, it comes up and says it is unable to write to this directory or it is locked. Strangely, the file was written to the download directory, yet, it's locked and I can't delete it nor access it. It's very similar to the problem I'm seeing in Visual Studio. It's rather random. I'm downloading another file at this very same moment to the exact same directory and it's downloading just fine.
- Slight error with CCleaner: CCleaner requires the file wer.dll and when it launches it displays an error message saying that it is unable to locate this file. I believe this file has something to do with Windows Error Reporting. It is deleted with VLite in the default settings file. Sure it could possibly be fixed by un-checking Windows Error Reporting in VLite. CCleaner works just fine without this DLL, though.
- iPhone issue - The driver for charging an iPhone is apparently removed when using the 7elite version as well. I mounted the original image and was able to locate a driver from it, however, I was unable to install it. I did not have time to track down the exact issue, but I do know that the driver I needed was removed from the image created using the 7elite guide.

Also, I need to clarify that the permission/locking problem occurs after UAC has been enabled. I have not tested it without UAC.

Thanks

Edited by EneergE, 21 December 2009 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users