Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
@ EneergE: For iPhone driver, i know that it is the vLite component "Windows Portable Devices" in Hardware Support.

Just deselect it, so it does not get removed. That fixed the problem for me.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mimorqleko

mimorqleko

• Members
  • 15 posts
Hi guys!!

I need some help.

I'm getting and error when running "cleanup.bat"... it prompts "ACCESS IS DENIED" . I'm following the procedures step by step... please have a look at the screenshot.

Attached File  shot6.jpg   81.19KB   43 downloads

any ideas??

btw I'm running under Win 7 x86

Edited by mimorqleko, 23 December 2009 - 05:18 AM.

benko

benko

• Members
  • 15 posts

I'm using the guide and when i get to the mount and removal part, it mounts ok, and on removal it shows about 4 packages successful, but then I get this
message from the 5th on until the end:

" The specified image is no longer serviceable."

can anyone help?

Thanks

Update:Solved!!

Managed to remove all by using AIK for win7.
What I plan to do now is uninstall AIK 7 and install AIK Vista SP1 for the Vlite part. I hope that will work.

Another Update December 2nd:

Managed to Vlite the Win7 source (after the removal part), with Win7 AIK, with the attched Last Session.ini file.
Now the installation source was 1.8GB.
I then ran 7custimze (A great and promissing program u can find in the "Unattended Windows 7" forum) for integration of Windows Updates, some tweaks and more.
Burned and installed.

Thanks Liquid0624, thanks blue4603

avnerk

I have tried your .ini on untoched Win7 Ultimate, so opened vlite selected untouched Win7 Ultimate and selected make iso, here is error:
Posted Image

let555

let555
  • Members
  • 3 posts
hi i'm new
in 7guide32.pdf step 8 & 9 ~ i stop here ~ need help
Can you tell me how to do the step 8 & 9 more detel ? or another simple way ? or with image

thanks ~ happy X'm everyone

benko

benko

• Members
  • 15 posts

hi i'm new
Can you tell me how to do the step 8 & 9 more detel ? or another simple way ? or with image

Hold shift and while you are holding shift press right click on batch folder, now release shift key and press left key on open command windows here

Here is the error I get with 7extreme, I have extracted setup.exe from original iso, and I have unchecked drivers in vlite

Posted Image

i believe the problem is somewhere in batchfiles, you probably set there to remove all drivers, if so how to fix that?

Edited by benko, 26 December 2009 - 06:30 AM.

let555

let555
  • Members
  • 3 posts
benko ~ thanks ~ i think i need to rebuild again

i been got the problem like yours ~ i forget which page i been saw:

you are correct as the guide does seem a bit unclear in step 20 but in step 21, it says to copy the setup.exe into the sources folder!

it should say which setup.exe to copy into the ssources folder???

make sure you copy over the setup.exe from the original sources folder to the vlite'd sources folder

benko

benko

• Members
  • 15 posts

hi i'm new

Hold shift and while you are holding shift press right click on batch folder, now release shift key and press left key on open command windows here

Here is the error I get with 7extreme, I have extracted setup.exe from original iso, and I have unchecked drivers in vlite

Posted Image

i believe the problem is somewhere in batchfiles, you probably set there to remove all drivers, if so how to fix that?

benko ~ thanks ~ i think i need to rebuild again

i been got the problem like yours ~ i forget which page i been saw:

you are correct as the guide does seem a bit unclear in step 20 but in step 21, it says to copy the setup.exe into the sources folder!

it should say which setup.exe to copy into the ssources folder???

make sure you copy over the setup.exe from the original sources folder to the vlite'd sources folder

I have copied setup.exe from untouched extracted Win7folder to one that I modifided!

Please help!

let555

let555
  • Members
  • 3 posts
this is all i can found ~ detail ? ~ see form page 1 ~ 15 ~ or ~ louder like me ~ help ~ help ~ help

The concept is that vLite removed the “setup.exe” file, but you need the original “setup.exe” file or your install will not work but will fail instead.

Right click the “setup.exe” file and left click to copy the file;

Which one of the setup.exe files, because there are two ?!?!?!?

Setup.exe from the Source\Sources folder 238 KB (244,224 bytes) or the setup.exe from the Windows 7 DVD root size 109 KB (111,880 bytes) ???

I assume that both files need to be copied respecting their original locations.

Setup.exe from Source\Sources to the Source\Sources folder and setup.exe from DVD Root to the Root of the slimmed iso, respectively.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
liquid0624 or liquidgirl

your [7elite32] package doesn't Support for Chinese Traditional

i found no one vlite windows 7 successful ~ and i'm tired

can you made out or change [7elite32] package with Chinese Traditional

PS:there no mean to force you ~ my bad english ~ i mean ~ i need help ~ please

grave_digga

grave_digga
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Im stuck at step 15. After mount it says only: successfully mounted image. After i execute cleanup i get lots of access denied errors. Everything before worked great and exactly like told in the guide. Im trying to make a elite64 ISO. AIK ist the new Windows 7 one.

benko

benko

• Members
  • 15 posts

Im stuck at step 15. After mount it says only: successfully mounted image. After i execute cleanup i get lots of access denied errors. Everything before worked great and exactly like told in the guide. Im trying to make a elite64 ISO. AIK ist the new Windows 7 one.

Chabge Windows AIK to Vista Windows AIK.

BTW I finally got it, 7elite64 is working, but even thought I unchecked fax support and telephony when I want to open windows fax and scan I get error..

grave_digga

grave_digga
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Do you think that the Windows 7 AIK ist the Problem? OK i'll get the Windows Vista SP1 AIK and try again.

MNcamper

MNcamper
  • Members
  • 5 posts
In reading the beginning of ths thread, I see no limitations on what versions of Windows 7 can be used with this tool.
It was not until I read the 7guide64.pdf that I see that only Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate Editions are specifically referred to.

Does that mean that 7Media 64-bit will NOT work with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit?

Normally I would not ask but since the vLite 'about' page says, "vLite is a tool for customizing the Windows Vista installation..." and yet I learned that vLite works with Windows 7, I have learned to not believe everything I read.

grave_digga

grave_digga
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Do you think that the Windows 7 AIK ist the Problem? OK i'll get the Windows Vista SP1 AIK and try again.

Yes, with the Vista SP1 AIK it worked without problems on a german Home Premium 64. Thanks.

benko

benko

• Members
  • 15 posts

Yes, with the Vista SP1 AIK it worked without problems on a german Home Premium 64. Thanks.

I can get 7elite64 without problem, but I cant get Gadgets and Windows fax and scan working!

PLease help, how to get that, I have unchecked Gadgets and fax support but still nothing!

EDIT:also my printer does not work HP c4180 when I want to print there is no option to choose mine printer only ms xml printer...

Edited by benko, 04 January 2010 - 05:53 AM.

HamsterPro

HamsterPro
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hello there,
I personnaly have issue with the elite64 :(

I'm on a non-english ultimate 64bits version with a TV-Tuner, no prob with this, i just uncheck the TV-Tuner removal checkbox on vlite.

The problem is the error that i get when i launch a game (game properly launch after i closed the error message).

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\gameux.dll
The specified module could not be found.

However, i have both Gameux.dll in system32 & SysWOW64. And when i register them with regsvr32 command, error message still here.
When i run cleanup.bat, i got one unknow error before the three "The operation completed successfully".

Hope someone could help me, thank you in advance :hello:

DEFIANTx

DEFIANTx
  • Members
  • 5 posts
How do I keep Aero Glass feature. I'm running 7xtreme but can't enable the glass transparency effect. Any Ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind...I needed to install my video drivers. All is good. <-----I'm an id***.

Edited by DEFIANTx, 07 January 2010 - 07:01 PM.

hammer83

hammer83
  • Members
  • 5 posts
windows 7 home premium x64 on HP dv3660 (p8600, 4gb ram, 320hdd)

I'v removed few things like: windows mail, firewall, defender, UAC, parental control, task manager, welcome center, wordpad, wallpapers, screenserver and I can not install windows ;/ during finalizing instalation error appear saying windows can not complete instalation becouse there is component instalation error. instalation will be proceded after restart.
and afert restat there is the same :/

whats wrong ??

DarkMagic

DarkMagic
  • Members
  • 1 posts
re vmware

If you want to preserve ethernet driver support in VMWare 7, REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%.
Hyper-V packages have nothing to do with that (!) and can be safely removed.

Edited by DarkMagic, 11 January 2010 - 08:38 PM.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

windows 7 home premium x64 on HP dv3660 (p8600, 4gb ram, 320hdd)

I'v removed few things like: windows mail, firewall, defender, UAC, parental control, task manager, welcome center, wordpad, wallpapers, screenserver and I can not install windows ;/ during finalizing instalation error appear saying windows can not complete instalation becouse there is component instalation error. instalation will be proceded after restart.
and afert restat there is the same :/

whats wrong ??

you will need to keep windows firewall in vlite otherwise you will get an error on install

abwesammy

abwesammy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I work for a school in Australia and I'm looking to use Windows 7 Lite on Asus eeePC 900A laptops. The trouble with them is that they only have a 16GB SSD. If I could get Windows 7 down to the right size as you've done - everything would work well.

However my question...how can I use your tools / guide to work with my version. Because we have a license agreement, the only version I have available to me is Windows 7 Enterprise. Unfortunately this means that running your removal tool causes countless errors. vLite also give a 'File cannot be found' during the rebuild process.

Any ideas on how I could get this to work with Enterprise?

hammer83

hammer83
  • Members
  • 5 posts
@dead0

well, I've made few isos with many combinations. For example I removed only wordpad accessability, games, wallpapers and screensevers from accesoriess and I get the same error

wtf ???
maybe its problem with orginal cd. I'm useing upgrade cd from Vista to win7 made by HP (called Hp upgrade manager)

edit:
I've changed cd to orginal oem cd and still the same error about some servicess....

this is my last sesion:

; vLite preset file
;
;#Environment:
; vLite v1.2
; Framework 2.0.50727.3603
; Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3 32-bit
;
;#Target:
; Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM 64-bit
; Version 6.1 Polish (Poland)
;
[Compatibility]

[CustomHide]

[Components]
;# Accessories #
Accessibility
Games-Game Explorer
Games-Inbox Games
Games-Premium Inbox Games
Welcome Center
Windows Sidebar and Gadgets
Wordpad
;# Languages #
Arabic
Brazillian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Estonian
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hungarian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Latvian
Lithuanian
Norwegian
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Serbian
Simplified Chinese
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish
Swedish
Table Driven Text Input Processor
Thai
Traditional Chinese
Turkish
Ukrainian
;# Multimedia #
Media Center
Screensavers
Sound Recorder
;# Network #
Windows Mail
;# Services #
Protected Storage
Task Scheduler
Windows Search
;# System #
Beep
Disk Quota
Parental Controls
Security Center
System Restore
Tablet PC
User Account Control (UAC)
Windows Defender
Zip Folder

[Options]
DEP (Data Execution Prevention) = Default
User Account Control (UAC) = Disabled
AntiSpyware Realtime Protection = Default
AutoPlay = Enabled
Paging Executive = Enabled
Power scheme = Balanced
Power button = Shutdown
Sleep button = Sleep
Control Panel - Classic View = Default
Show hidden files and folders = No
Show protected operating system files = No
Show extensions for known file types = No
IE Phishing Filter = Default
IE Phishing Verification Ballon Tips = Disabled

[Services]

[Protection]

[Drivers]

[Unattended]
SpecRegional
AcceptEULA
SkipNewUser
ProtectPC = 1
LogonCount = 3

[Hotfixes]

[LanguagePacks]

Edited by hammer83, 12 January 2010 - 06:56 AM.

Grom51

Grom51
  • Members
  • 2 posts

The previus problem seem to be a erroneuos uncheck in Vlite . Possibly the Dinamic Volume Manager (???).

But the problem below is more serious.This appear whith or whitout the "batch file treatment"

Posted Image

I have the same problem .. something in vLite f***ed up .. I tried some possibilities, but nothing changes .. for this point .. a used 7extreme86 by step by step, and hadn't some problems .. anybody know the solution ??

Engineering

Engineering

• Members
  • 36 posts
Anyone know what components or batch line breaks Group Policy? What interferes with 'administrative tools'?

gpedit.msc and secpol.msc don't run natively with 7ELITE or 7XTREME.

hammer83

hammer83
  • Members
  • 5 posts
@Grom51
I had got the same problem. I made lite image from win7 oem cd. After many many broken cd's I made a good one.
my tip: do not touch services, games (except freecell and etc), windows firewall, UAC,

edit:
still cheecking and deleting to minimalize image :)

Edited by hammer83, 13 January 2010 - 02:26 AM.

Junior2613

Junior2613

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
@Engineering: You need to keep DFS Replication in vLite under the network section

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN