Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

shutfu

shutfu

• Members
  • 14 posts
this is all I have. I attached them and provided several filehosting links with them. These are originals, have not been opened yet.

www.gazup.com lets you upload to several file hosts at once to automate and quickly speed up this process.

7elite32.rar<-main gazup link, displays all other links
http://rapidshare.co...lite32.rar.html
http://netload.in/da...122021719efd9c/
http://www.filefacto.../n/7elite32.rar
http://www.badongo.com/file/20265674
http://www.gazup.com/qqZJE-2Shared/

7elite64.rar

7guide64.pdf

7packages.pdf

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

neoby

neoby
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Thank you zebus & shutfu

At that time, these files are available :
*7elite32
*7elite64
*7Xtreme64

Are still missing :
*7media32
*7media64
*7Xtreme32

If someone having any of these feel charitable :)

Ps : gazup seems very nice

shutfu

shutfu

• Members
  • 14 posts
7media32
7media64
7elite32
7xtreme32

and attached as well

Attached Files

Edited by shutfu, 04 February 2010 - 04:09 PM.

chefranger

chefranger
  • Members
  • 2 posts
sorry my english im non english 50/50, i follow the guide step by step and i read the forum till page 10 before hit a try, i own the window 7 ultimate 32 usa version and the window 7 x64 spanish version( both originals) and i acomplish with suxes all the step so now i have de 7lite32,7extreme32 and the 7lite64, 7extrme 64 working perfectly try tehm fisicaly machine, my only problem its with the 7extreme64 wen i want to register the ieproxy.dll i type in the cmd.exe regsvr32 C:\Windows\System 32 and hit enter it dosnt worck y say wrong location, any help please!!!another thing what i need to unchek to get ethernet wocrck in te 7elite32,

edit: 7elite32 runing, i cant install messenger, microsoft security essential an others microsoft aplication it say i dont have internet acces, but i can sufr the net and acces any web page, plase help the 7elite its aweson if i can get that to worck.

Edited by chefranger, 04 February 2010 - 11:32 PM.

neoby

neoby
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much shutfu, you made my day :) Now every package can be found on page 17.

@neuropass : Did you solved your cleanup.bat problem ?
(My guess is that everything is fine, because files you are trying to remove are not there at all. But it is just guessing ...)

nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh
  • Members
  • 9 posts
hey i was wondering if there was any diff between the 32bit guide and 64bit guide other than naming conventions?

shiznit

shiznit
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the guide, I have been looking for a way to slim W7 now that I'm ready to order an SSD. However, I have a few questions. Even the 7media64 package removes to many things I need to keep, is there a way to customize what is removed and what isn't or does unchecking removal of a feature in the Vlite part of the process ensure that it stays? I'm confused because you have to run the Removal batch before you even get to Vlite so I'm not sure if that already removes things I need to keep.

The only things I need removed are the big culprits like Drivers, Languages, Games, Tablet, Natural Language, Speech Support, Sample Media and Screensavers, etc... I want to keep most of the rest if possible. Sorry if this has been answered before, I read the whole thread and I don't remember seeing anything.

Edited by shiznit, 10 February 2010 - 08:37 PM.

atolica

atolica

ENT Surgeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
@shiznit

To achieve what you want, you need to edit the removal.bat file and delete all the packages you want to keep. If you want to keep them all, delete them all, as simple as that!

The lines you need to delete look like this:

%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%

If you want to keep everything, you don't need to run removal.bat at all. Just skip that!

@all

Does anyone know what package is needed for UltraIso to work. I get "Application Error"...The instruction at 0x00...referenced memory at...." error and I suspect Ultraiso needs some of those packages.

Edited by atolica, 11 February 2010 - 06:40 PM.

shiznit

shiznit
  • Members
  • 2 posts
ok I found the pdf explaining the packages I get it now. Thank you very much.

Edited by shiznit, 11 February 2010 - 09:43 PM.

malik22

malik22
  • Members
  • 6 posts
How do I use the files in the zip and in what order?

shannon673

shannon673
  • Members
  • 4 posts

How do I use the files in the zip and in what order?

You need to download and follow the guide, thanks

shannon673

shannon673
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Hey Everyone, I have made each of these formats and the 7Elite and 7Extreme run flawlessly, the 7 media though will not start up on my laptop, it installs but after Windows restarts for the last time it tells me the installation in not compatible with the system hardware, since I cannot access an .ini file how can I find out what is missing from the installation, thanks

nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Hey i got a quick question in either Elite64 or Extreme64 im missing the icons pictured here next to performance monitor (performance monitor does work as i got rid of the line to delete it) and most of the other icons as well. What package removes those icons or during what stage are they removed. OR in what dll are the icons stored so i can just coppy the DLL from a full install to the stripped install?

Thanks

Attached Files

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Hi. Anyone having any troubles vLiting W7 Professional/Enterprise (Volume OEM)?

Any success at all with Pro/Ent VOL/OEM? Please report your experience if any!

As for me I'm stuck at the vLite stage. I managed to do the removal (7media64) thing with some adjustments to batch files. I used W7 WAIK for this, as VSP1 WAIK wouldn't let me do it.
But now vLite can't mount processed image - says there's a problem with a temp drive (tells to check if it is a network drive)... However no tempering with it (TEMP folder) helps. My conclusion is - this has nothing to do with TEMP folder, as the untouched image mounts and gets processed to the end without a prob.

To work with Pro Vol edition I install the W7 WAIK, as VSP1 WAIK don't let you rebuild an image at all. As for WIM filter both W7 and VSP1 versions are working.

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 18 February 2010 - 11:40 AM.

RockOn

RockOn

• Members
  • 22 posts
hi, can someone tell me what the image variable value for windows 7 professional version? and the guide says not to install aik for windows but then how would you get the imagex.exe file then?

Edited by RockOn, 19 February 2010 - 04:31 PM.

Mrgentlemen

Mrgentlemen
  • Members
  • 4 posts
hi,
Im new with vliting win7 and I want to remove some components from the windows 7 Keep list out of my win7 pro 32bit Iso.
Did i need to do that with dism or vlite?
and How?

Im a little bit confused with that.

EDIT: The components that are listet in the 7elite32.ini, will that be SAVED or DELETED ???

Edited by Mrgentlemen, 20 February 2010 - 12:17 AM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

The components that are listet in the 7elite32.ini, will that be SAVED or DELETED ???

DELETED

hi, can someone tell me what the image variable value for windows 7 professional version? and the guide says not to install aik for windows but then how would you get the imagex.exe file then?

As I understand it, there is no variable for Pro version. And the guide DOES say to install WAIK for Vista SP1.
However that didn't work for my Pro version. As I said earlier I had to install W7 WAIK instead. That way I managed to do the removal.

Note that as the guide seems to be somewhat incompatible with Pro/Ent versions you have to do some changes in the batch files you downloaded. First of all it's MOUNT batch - you have to change this line

if not %image%==1 %tweak% /p %mount% /m
to
%tweak% /p %mount% /m

This way you will be able to install regtweak, which is not executed for Pro version otherwise. (I wonder why it is this way. It almost looks like someone didn't want this guide to work for Pro versions at all.)

Having this done you will be able to perform the removal thing. Once again - for Pro version you need to modify the REMOVAL batch. First of all you should take a look at this kind of lines

if not "%image%"=="4" (if not "%image%"=="2" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Professional-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Ultimate-Client-Package%winsuffix%))

Now, if you have that Pro or Ent version that comes as the only edition on the disc - you must delete all the lines containing "Ultimate" or "HomePremium" as these aren't on a disc and will give you an error when removal will be executed. Lines that begin with

if not "%image%"=="3"

need to be deleted as well, as the batch doesn't seem to determine if it is a Pro version and will delete the package that we need. There are also some lines that do not begin with "if" and need to be deleted - same reason as before. You will have to run the removal and see what packages give you the error and remove them from batch. However you should check before removing - do a search for a package in question in mounted Windows\wisxs folder and see - if it's not there then you are safe to remove the corresponding line from the batch. If it is there - leave the line.

For Pro or Ent versions that come with all the other versions on a single disc (if there are such, I don't really know) you will have to remove lines that begin with

if not "%image%"=="3"

and the lines like these

if not "%image%"=="4" (if not "%image%"=="2" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Ultimate-Client-Package%winsuffix%)

need to be cnanged to this

%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Ultimate-Client-Package%winsuffix%

Anyway I'm attaching my edited files.

Attached Files

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 20 February 2010 - 04:41 AM.

RockOn

RockOn

• Members
  • 22 posts
thanks. Did you select windows home premium or pro in vlite? and i also get error saying that windows could not determine the language to use for setup. why?

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
I only have Pro on my disc. Have you removed any language files in vLite? I think you have to leave at least one language. Also I would recommend using HomePremium edition if you have that kind of disc. Then everything will be fine.

Mrgentlemen

Mrgentlemen
  • Members
  • 4 posts
POMAH-PRESS, can i use your Removal.bat and your mount.bat with this howTo?

As i understand, you have edited the two files to work with win7 pro, right? are they for the 32bit or 64bit?

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
vLite doesn't wanna open my image after processing with my edited batch files. Files are from 7media64.

RockOn

RockOn

• Members
  • 22 posts
i am getting unhandle error at the mount command. also how can i delete the folder to start over again? it gives me permission denied everytime i try to delete the folder. This is my 5 attemps. Very frustrating. Pomah-press, so the edited files you uploaded above are for the media64?

Edited by RockOn, 20 February 2010 - 03:31 PM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Yes, 7media64. You don't need to delete, just type discard and it will be deleted. Then you can start all over...
You can modify the files like I described for any version.
Do you guys have the Retail version? I would like to know if you will be able to reach any success.

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 20 February 2010 - 03:50 PM.

RockOn

RockOn

• Members
  • 22 posts
unhandled error occur. an invalid name was request was made for the last thirty times. Can someone tell me what wrong with this crap

RockOn

RockOn

• Members
  • 22 posts
the cleanup script is just too unstable. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm keep getting access is denied.

Edited by RockOn, 20 February 2010 - 07:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN