Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
nd4spdbh

Well I'm using Volume OEM not retail, and no luck here so far.

E5400 @ 333x10 MHz | 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 1333 MHz @ 9-9-9-24 | ASRock P43DE3 P43 ICH10 | GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3

W7x64

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

RockOn

RockOn

• 22 posts
vista waik doesn't want to remove the components for some reason.

CrackerPLz

CrackerPLz
  • 1 posts
WELL DONE! GUIDE, Took me 14Hours making My Own Win7 ISO AND I LOVE IT! after the third try i got to understand the Guide, and worked without problems all you gotta do is do exactly as guide says and before posting WASTE 14 HOURS LOOKING OUT HOW TO FIX IT UR SELF Lol well THANKS FOR THIS! I would donate but im underage and have no credit card... :D

crale

crale
  • 2 posts
can someone please upload the file: 7media32.rar some where else? the file is removed from both mirrors :/

that would be very nice. because i just got my win7pro and would like to downsize it.

or does anyone know other mirrors than the one at the first post?

thank you,
crale

hares7293

hares7293
  • 2 posts
Can someone replace the files that seem broken.

I will be interested by the 7xtreme32 rar

Thanks in advance

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
Here you go!

Attached Files

• Attached File  32.zip   140.88KB   221 downloads

E5400 @ 333x10 MHz | 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 1333 MHz @ 9-9-9-24 | ASRock P43DE3 P43 ICH10 | GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3

W7x64

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
And once again!

Attached Files

• Attached File  64.zip   141.38KB   224 downloads

W7x64

navneetksaraf

navneetksaraf
  • 1 posts

Here you go!

Hey thanks a lot! was really looking for this 1 :)

crale

crale
  • 2 posts

Here you go!

Hey thanks dude! :thumbup

shutfu

shutfu

• 14 posts
for those looking for the files because the mirrors are down, they are on page 17. I'm not sure if these still work but here are some of the links:

7media32.rar
7media64.rar
7elite32.rar
7elite64.rar
7xtreme32.rar
7xtreme64.rar

7guide32.pdf
7guide64.pdf
7packages.pdf

note: these are not my files, they are liquid0624's. I have not edited them in any way.

and attached as well

Attached Files

derekblankmccoy

derekblankmccoy
  • 4 posts
Anybody got Media Center with 7media64 to work flawlessly with a Media Center Remote?

Volume up/down, mute, back, and some other buttons not working for me. Just want to know if anybody has this working.

Farhan K

Farhan K
  • 6 posts
liquid0624, I installed 7Elite32 using your preset and didn't untick or tick anything else. Everything seems fine so far except this one error which I keep getting, "Windows Media Audio Codec Is Not Installed". I can't play any .wma files because this codec is missing. I've reinstalled Windows 7 again using your preset, however this time unticking things which I thought could be causing this problem; it's still occurring. Any idea how to fix this or where I can get this codec? I've tried searching on Google with no luck.

Thanks.

davidoff123

davidoff123
  • 9 posts
Ok,

The thing is:
First of all I can't install the vLite preset .ini I'm putting it into /vLite/ catalog but it does not to appear to be selectable. Can I select the files I want to remove manualy?
Second, how's with the x64 Professional instalation? Can someone post that from the begining to the end?
Third, how do I edit the cleanup.bat

REM Windows Wallpaper
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Nature">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Scenes">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Characters">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Landscapes">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Architecture">nul

Does this mean the Wallpapers will be deleted or saved?

I'm quite confused with the thing that w7elite removes, but the guide is perfectly written. Thank you.

Edited by davidoff123, 05 March 2010 - 09:44 PM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
1. You should put it in "presets" subdirectory. You do can select what you want to delete manually but it can get ugly though. There are files which should be left or the installation will not succeed. If you still can't load the preset being in presets folder I suggest you open the preset in the Notepad and check items in vLite manually according to preset.

how's with the x64 Professional instalation?

Not sure what you mean by that. Is that a question about the OS installation process after the image is prepared? Or is it a question about preparing the image for modification?

3. Deleted, they will be.

And You can check in the "packages.pdf" to see what are the comps that are deleted, however the descriptions are poor mostly.

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 06 March 2010 - 05:27 AM.

W7x64

davidoff123

davidoff123
  • 9 posts

1. You should put it in "presets" subdirectory. You do can select what you want to delete manually but it can get ugly though. There are files which should be left or the installation will not succeed. If you still can't load the preset being in presets folder I suggest you open the preset in the Notepad and check items in vLite manually according to preset.

how's with the x64 Professional instalation?

Not sure what you mean by that. Is that a question about the OS installation process after the image is prepared? Or is it a question about preparing the image for modification?

3. Deleted, they will be.

And You can check in the "packages.pdf" to see what are the comps that are deleted, however the descriptions are poor mostly.

First of all thanks for answer.

1. That was a stupid mistake, thank you for noticing it.

2. Professional, there's not a clear way explained: Do I change the number to 3 as for Professional instead on 2 and 4 as described in the guide, or do I have to remove the lines in cleanup.bat like someone earlier explained?

3. Someone mentioned that I could type REM in cleanup.bat before the line to "save" the packages? There's not a lot packages in the cleanup.bat and removal.bat. The rest is removed by vLite, right? So if I want to save something I delete it from the .bat files then uncheck it in vLite.
Can I add something that is not mentioned in the vLite preset and in the .bat files in vLite by checking it in vLite or should I put it into the .bat file as well?

4. After step 16) i get this error:
C:\7elite64\batch>cleanup
The system cannot find the file specified.
The operation completed successfully.

Running on W7 Pro 64bit. With the 3 variable added to .bat's.

I progress after that and get an error "Windows could not configure Windows to run on your computer's hardware"

Edited by davidoff123, 06 March 2010 - 10:11 AM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
2. Change Image number to 3. What image you are using, retail or volume oem?

3. You should uncheck in vLite or comment out the line in .bat ("rem " or "::"). You can change what is deleted and what's left, but it's like I said - it can get ugly. The only way is to do it and test it.

4. I think it's safe to ignore it. You can "rem @echo off" though at the beginning of the cleanup bat temporarily to see what exactly is causing the error and then check and decide if it's safe to ignore.

I progress after that and get an error "Windows could not configure Windows to run on your computer's hardware"

Where exactly you get it? What have you changed, and what's your image type?

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 06 March 2010 - 10:28 AM.

W7x64

davidoff123

davidoff123
  • 9 posts

2. Change Image number to 3. What image you are using, retail or volume oem?

3. You should uncheck in vLite or comment out the line in .bat ("rem " or "::"). You can change what is deleted and what's left, but it's like I said - it can get ugly. The only way is to do it and test it.

4. I think it's safe to ignore it. You can "rem @echo off" though at the beginning of the cleanup bat temporarily to see what exactly is causing the error and then check and decide if it's safe to ignore.

Where exactly you get it? What have you changed, and what's your image type?

I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64 X15-65805 its a MSDN, retail version I think. DL it from torrent and it works fine, Im running it untuched with MSDN key atm.
I removed some language and VPN lines in the .bat's and unchecked it in vLite.
Testing it at VirtualBox with machine running w7 x64 on computer running the same w7 x64.

The error is at the end after the machine reboots, the last task on the list. It reboots and on the last step 'Completing Instalation" it crashes with this error.

btw. If I want to save some language files like Japan and Polish I remove it from the cleanup.bat and uncheck in the vLite as same as with VPN's?

I'm struggling with this fu#$%n W7 setup for a week, first I removed some files just using vLite witch gave me the same error. Now this, it gets frustrating...
It even got me thinking that the VirtualBox is screwing up, or the ISO is bad, but it works fine untouched...

EDIT: Tried both, as with w7elite untouched and with added languages and the same error keeps to appear. Should I try WAIK for W7? I'm stuck.

I got some errors in the first stage after launching removal.bat
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-
HomePremium-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805
The specified package is not valid Windows package.

Error: 0x800f0805

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

An error occurred trying to open - Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-HomePremiumEdition-Pa
ckage~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805

Error: 0x800f0805

And I managed to deal with that by editing the .bat file and removing the lines.

Next I get the same errors
C:\7elite64\batch>cleanup
----
It's just not seem to work!

Edited by davidoff123, 06 March 2010 - 08:55 PM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
Well I suggest you to find a config for vLite that would not be crashing your install first. Then when you know vLite isn't breaking your iso, do the complete guide. I suggest you to remove only most "heavy" stuff first (in vLite). If all goes fine add some more for removal. And try not to remove system related stuff.

As for me I can't remove much from my volume oem edition with vLite. It's crashing during the Apply stage if I choose to remove something wrong. All I remove usually is speech support, natural language, four "big" languages, music and video samples and drivers. That's pretty much what I can remove.

btw. If I want to save some language files like Japan and Polish I remove it from the cleanup.bat and uncheck in the vLite as same as with VPN's?

Sort of. Although I didn't notice any language removal in bats. Except for bootloader menu.

W7x64

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
First error - ignore, don't even edit the bat, just ignore.

Second, well I told you already how to investigate it.

W7x64

davidoff123

davidoff123
  • 9 posts

Well I suggest you to find a config for vLite that would not be crashing your install first. Then when you know vLite isn't breaking your iso, do the complete guide. I suggest you to remove only most "heavy" stuff first (in vLite). If all goes fine add some more for removal. And try not to remove system related stuff.

As for me I can't remove much from my volume oem edition with vLite. It's crashing during the Apply stage if I choose to remove something wrong. All I remove usually is speech support, natural language, four "big" languages, music and video samples and drivers. That's pretty much what I can remove.

Sort of. Although I didn't notice any language removal in bats. Except for bootloader menu.

Ok, I'll try that, but wouldn't be easyer to get a new copy of w7 Pro? Or it varies depending on the CD? The original key from msdn will work on every copy of w7 Pro, right?

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
They are different. And they are activated in a different ways.

W7x64

antonbrk

antonbrk
  • 2 posts

can someone please upload the file: 7media32.rar some where else? the file is removed from both mirrors :/

that would be very nice. because i just got my win7pro and would like to downsize it.

or does anyone know other mirrors than the one at the first post?

thank you,
crale

Attached File  7xtreme32.rar   32.96KB   52 downloads

Attached File  7media32.rar   32.67KB   46 downloads

Farhan K

Farhan K
  • 6 posts
If you are using the 7Elite32 version, can you tell me if you can hear the default windows sound when you turn your volume up from the system tray? You should be able to hear a sound everytime you click the volume control, does this happen for you?

ScarySpons

ScarySpons
  • 1 posts
I too get access denied like RockOn.
What is the solution for this guys?
I think it has to do with the "install_wim_tweak.exe"...
it is not recalling this file at step 16!! like in step 9...

btw: i use 7xtreme64...

Edited by ScarySpons, 14 March 2010 - 11:03 AM.

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Pip
  • 58 posts
Well I force the wim_tweak both at step 9 and 16, doesn't work for me otherwise. But I still get access denied - so nope, I don't think it's related. There is a solution though. I've come across a program called subinacl that changes the permissions and the owner of the files. Using that one I was able to complete step 16. I'm gonna tell you the details later. But you know, you can google it up yourself.

I think it has to do with the "install_wim_tweak.exe"...
it is not recalling this file at step 16!! like in step 9...

How about others? Does it start for you at step 16? Maybe it isn't supposed to, and is required for running dism only.

Edited by POMAH-PRESS, 14 March 2010 - 06:05 PM.

W7x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN