Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

niteshade

niteshade

• Members
  • 11 posts
The links for the presets have died. Can someone please reupload them?

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

POMAH-PRESS

POMAH-PRESS

whaaa?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Page 20?

mikemyers

mikemyers
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Tried it with ultimate edition changed the image values to 4.
It didn't work. Tried 3 no luck either.
2 has worked.

mikemyers

mikemyers
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I got this finally work. I used Vista sp1 with AIK to create.

It's an excelent work from the op, and very nicely written scripts.

Since it took me a number of failed efforts till joy let me share my conclusions:

1. All steps must be done and have to run without errors to get a good image.
There is no middle state that works, once you start the first script everything has to be completed in the manual until the last step.

2. Only a previously unmodified image will work.

3. It is (as the manual says) indeed safe to leave all settings as they are.

Thanks for this nice stuff liquid(s). :)

Edited by mikemyers, 04 June 2010 - 03:24 PM.

jakeminamyer

jakeminamyer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Will this work with Vista Home Premium SP1? ALSO I will ONLY be using this for HD video eiting, internet and listening to music. Elite, Media or Extreme? (I am looking to go as light as possible)

Edited by jakeminamyer, 06 June 2010 - 02:38 AM.

jakeminamyer

jakeminamyer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Vista 64*

Edited by jakeminamyer, 06 June 2010 - 02:41 AM.

winXPHE

winXPHE
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hey can any1 pls tell me whr the cd/dvd drivers r stored in t unmodded win7 ISO. I did an xtreme removal n nw gt this msg at start of install
Required cd/dvd driver missing, insert cd,usb..etc n i cnt find the drivers of this samsung dvd drive anywhr. Updatd firmware n everythng. Makes no difference.

Pls tell me whr t cd drivers are stored in the ISO pls

Edited by winXPHE, 18 June 2010 - 07:42 AM.

slickric21

slickric21
  • Members
  • 6 posts

The links for the presets have died. Can someone please reupload them?

Thanks

yeah i second this they've all gone.

Pls pls pls someone upload 7elite64 presets !!!

EDIT they are all on page 20 !!!!!

Edited by slickric21, 24 June 2010 - 04:27 PM.

appyface

appyface
  • Members
  • 5 posts

EDIT they are all on page 20 !!!!!

I can see 458 replies across four pages, I don't have a page 20... Would you (or someone) please post back the reply #'s that contain working download links? Only some of the links in the first post are still working.

Kind regards,
--appyface

BladedThesis

BladedThesis

• Members
  • 13 posts

I can see 458 replies across four pages, I don't have a page 20... Would you (or someone) please post back the reply #'s that contain working download links? Only some of the links in the first post are still working.

Kind regards,
--appyface

There are 20 posts per page by default, so do some math.

appyface

appyface
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I ask if someone knows where the links are, would they please post the specific reply numbers rather than a page number.

It is not necesary to post if they do not know the reply numbers. And it is not necessary to post if they do... that's up to them.

Kind regards,
--appyface

jayank2000

jayank2000

• Members
  • 13 posts

I ask if someone knows where the links are, would they please post the specific reply numbers rather than a page number. It is not necesary to post if they do not know the reply numbers. And it is not necessary to post if they do... that's up to them.Kind regards,--appyface

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I have used this. No changes have been made. Follow the guide. Best of luck.<br /><br />Edit: not able to attach files. Sorry. I downloaded from page 1 only. 64 bit elite guide.

Update: Giving me errors with ATI graphics card. So I tried not using the batch files and just tried using the vlite preset by Liquid, but no luck.
I gave up. Installed Win7 with full install. 640GB Hard Disk.

Edited by jayank2000, 21 July 2010 - 07:41 PM.

jayank2000

jayank2000

• Members
  • 13 posts

I ask if someone knows where the links are, would they please post the specific reply numbers rather than a page number. It is not necesary to post if they do not know the reply numbers. And it is not necessary to post if they do... that's up to them.Kind regards,--appyface

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I have used this. No changes have been made. Follow the guide. Best of luck.<br /><br />Edit: not able to attach files. Sorry. I downloaded from page 1 only. 64 bit elite guide.

Update: Giving me errors with ATI graphics card. So I tried not using the batch files and just tried using the vlite preset by Liquid, but no luck.

George King

George King

• Members
  • 10 posts
Links are dead...?

shutfu

shutfu

• Members
  • 14 posts
7xtreme32.rar
7xtreme64.rar

7media32.rar
7media64.rar

7elite32.rar
7elite64.rar

7guide32.pdf
7guide64.pdf
7packages.pdf

koala1202

koala1202
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Thank you so much for the wonderful guide! I appreciate the great endeavor you put into it!

One suggestion: "Software Protection" service is supposed to be set to its default "Automatic (Delayed)". Otherwise, chances are you will see this message:

This copy of Windows 7 is not genuine.

on the lower right corner after running Windows for a while. This happens randomly, but it DOES happen on my machine. And that's because "Software Protection" service is not running, EVEN IF it's set to "Manual".

Edited by koala1202, 10 August 2010 - 06:07 PM.

Grope For Luna

Grope For Luna

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Just for the record and in case it hasn't been mentioned, BLB client is a part of Windows backup, not business licensing. If you remove it, Windows Backup won't work.

SecureStartup-Package is the BitLocker utility.

ShareMedia-ControlPanel-Package is for media streaming options that you set in the Network and Sharing center.

Edited by Grope For Luna, 12 August 2010 - 06:24 PM.

Fr33m4n

Fr33m4n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
A little help please. I was stuck with the error 5 access denied problem, but then I searched and found out that the issue is related to the tweak not getting loaded, so I tried to apply the tweak manually but I can't get it to work. Even the tweak says access denied. Does anyone have any suggestions. Screenshot of cmd output attached.

Attached File  access denied.jpg   63.83KB   89 downloads

Limpster

Limpster
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hello there - Everything seems to be working fine on my both 7MEDIA 32 and 64 bit. But sumhow my dialup USB modem won't install (I use it rarely when I am away from home, travel etc). Any inputs resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jayank2000

jayank2000

• Members
  • 13 posts

Still not able to figure out my errors.
Using Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
ATI graphics 4770
Gigabyte 870 motherboard
Single HDD

Followed the guide and able to install, but ended up getting error while updating ATI 4770 drivers.
Any suggestions? I see in your "removal.bat" you have included ATI drivers for removal. What does it mean? Is it possible for me to delete few lines, so that when I run "cleanup" I get Operation Successful x 3.
I dont where I am making the error.

I want to retain ATI drivers and HP printer drivers listed in the removal.bat. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

SoWhy

SoWhy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I installed the 7xtreme64 package successfully and I am happy with such a clean Windows 7. However, I encountered a small problem, that, if not solved, will make it useless for me: When I try to setup a PPPoE (= ADSL) connection, I end up with the message (see screenshot for original message):

Connection failed with error 1060

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Now since I know my modem works (I'm using it to write this post on XP), I guess something vital for PPPoE was removed with the lite pack. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA
SoWhy

Attached Files

Edited by SoWhy, 01 September 2010 - 06:26 AM.

Derb

Derb
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

first of all, sorry for my bad english :P

I am using 7media64 on a Windows 7 Home Premium Edition.
Im want to use the OS on a CAR PC and everything works fine, except one thing:

I am using Microsoft Research Virtual Wifi in order to use my Netgear WLAN stick as a WLAN Access Point.

Everything works fine under the full Windows 7 installation, but in the cleaned version my WLAN clients are not able to automatically retrieve an IP Adress.

Any suggestions on what Packages to keep in the Image?

Regards

jayank2000

jayank2000

• Members
  • 13 posts

Probably removed smth you shouldn't have. Also check with the real machine once in a while.

SMTH = system restore?

Edit: Got it to work now, thanks for the help Pomah, you´r the man =D

BTW think it was the game pack that broke the install.

What did you do? removed the game pack or included. how did u edited the files. any help.
Thanks,

polishzx

polishzx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Is there a simple way to enable network printer support when using 7elite32? I am unable to add a network printer on the two machines I have running 7elite32, which is very very bad.

Coody

Coody
  • Members
  • 1 posts
hi to all, i have only this question:

how can i make lite version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 MSDN ??

i know, here is a topic about WIN 7 RTM without SP, but liquid0624 can you please make revision or is here a way to make a good revision to WIN 7 SP1 ??

it would be great ! :yes:

** and sorry for my english **

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (6)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN