Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

pawan

pawan

The One

• PipPip
  • 188 posts
cant download from hotlinkfiles... please upload anywhere else....

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JeanPi

JeanPi
  • 1 posts
Well, i have a cryptic error when try install with the preset 7xtreme64, "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing", seems not detected my HDDs sata, try to not exclude that drivers in Vlite, but dont work.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Well, i have a cryptic error when try install with the preset 7xtreme64, "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing", seems not detected my HDDs sata, try to not exclude that drivers in Vlite, but dont work.

make sure you copy over the setup.exe from the original sources folder to the vlite'd sources folder

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
Okay, I just got 1 problem with 7elite64 now: The regulation of the system volume and the media keys of my Logitech G19 do not work. :/ They work with my "only vLited DVD".
Has anyone got an idea which component can cause that, what to leave in the image?

Guest_meeetooo_*

Guest_meeetooo_*
  • Guests

FYI to all users of liquids win7 scripts: they do NOT support the European versions of windows 7 those versions being E and N sorry to disappoint

What do you mean with E and N?

I have just tried to use he 7xtreme64 package on my copy of Windows 7 Professional x64 english version from MSDNAA.
The explanation of the procedure is very good! I think that you have done a great job.
But what I have wondered is which value do I have to place at "set image" for the Professional version?
I placed 3 because I thought it would logically be it.
By using this value and following your guide I had the following three errors when running removal.bat:

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385
An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-
HomePremium-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805
The specified package is not valid Windows package.
Error: 0x800f0805

An error occurred trying to open - Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-HomePremiumEdition-Pa
ckage~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client

Can you tell me if I can use your scripts with my version of Windows 7?
Do I have to set a different number for "set image"?
Thanks in advance!

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

What do you mean with E and N?

I have just tried to use he 7xtreme64 package on my copy of Windows 7 Professional x64 english version from MSDNAA.
The explanation of the procedure is very good! I think that you have done a great job.
But what I have wondered is which value do I have to place at "set image" for the Professional version?
I placed 3 because I thought it would logically be it.
By using this value and following your guide I had the following three errors when running removal.bat:

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385
An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-
HomePremium-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805

An error occurred trying to open - Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-HomePremiumEdition-Pa
ckage~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client

Can you tell me if I can use your scripts with my version of Windows 7?
Do I have to set a different number for "set image"?
Thanks in advance!

those cant be removed if you're trying the script on professional

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
I havent' tested it on professional but for 32 bit you need to set the image value to "4" and for 64 bit you need to set the image value to "3". Don't forget to change the value in both the "mount.bat" as well as the "removal.bat".

Edited by liquid0624, 14 September 2009 - 01:09 PM.

Guest_meeetooo_*

Guest_meeetooo_*
  • Guests
Thanks for your fast reply.

Do you think that it might work when I am using the generated image? It's the first time I am modifying my Windows Installation disc.
I have set the set image values to 3 in both files for a 64Bit version of Win 7 Professional.

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Thanks for your fast reply.

Do you think that it might work when I am using the generated image? It's the first time I am modifying my Windows Installation disc.
I have set the set image values to 3 in both files for a 64Bit version of Win 7 Professional.

Good luck let me know how it turns out :thumbup

mirecek1965

mirecek1965

• 26 posts
Always get "Too many connections ..." when want download. Not exist better uploading service?

Edited by mirecek1965, 14 September 2009 - 02:29 PM.

MSI Z87-G45 Gamer, ASUS GTX 660 Ti, 16 GiB RAM, 2x SSD 60 GiB, 1x 1 TiB data

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Always get "Too many connections ..." when want download. Not exist better uploading service?

New Direct Download links and External Mirror Links now updated and working in the first post. I apologize for any inconvenience i may have caused users due to the original host going down. Enjoy :rolleyes:

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts

@meeetooo windows E and N clarification= they are both European versions not American versions E does NOT include internet explorer by default and the N version does NOT include both internet explorer and media player by default the European government have different antitrust laws and demanded that microsoft make versions that comply with their antitrust laws in the Europe - hopefully that answers the question for you and others :)

claysoft65

claysoft65
  • 1 posts
First of all i wanna thank you all for those "wonder-guides"... really a great job... :thumbup

About liquidgurl being afraid of :

FYI to all users of liquids win7 scripts: they do NOT support the European versions of windows 7 those versions being E and N sorry to disappoint

@meeetooo windows E and N clarification= they are both European versions not American versions E does NOT include internet explorer by default and the N version does NOT include both internet explorer and media player by default the European government have different antitrust laws and demanded that microsoft make versions that comply with their antitrust laws in the Europe - hopefully that answers the question for you and others :)

I don't think that we (European users) should be afraid, it looks like the "E" and "N" versions have been trashed...
Many complaints from EU customers because of the impossiblity to upgrade previous versions, so that they
HAD TO BUY only FULL version, so, about one month ago, it leaded M$ to :

Windows 7 Pre-Order EU page

And i really think that the "famous-infamous" "ballot-screen" will be the only thing added to EU versions...
Posted Image

And that's good ... so we don't need to become crazy for modifing and recompiling all of this wonderful scripts !! :yes:

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
I got it right this time. ICS has been enabled!

Only thing is it doesn't get enable through network card properties or while creating ad hoc wireless connection, but first has to enable network discovery on, file sharing on etc., through Advanced Sharing Option. Once done, it will enable ICS!

satsuki_yatoshi

satsuki_yatoshi
  • 8 posts
Hello.
First of all, a big thanks for this great tutorial.
I'm used to vlite and nlite but i'm not to imagex.
So i follow up your doc and get only one error on the removal.bat for the Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package, all the other removal are fine (windows seven pro 32bits rtm).
I've tested the iso on a virtual pc a have seen no apparent bug, so do you think i can safely use it with the Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package removal bug ?

Thanks.

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Hello.
First of all, a big thanks for this great tutorial.
I'm used to vlite and nlite but i'm not to imagex.
So i follow up your doc and get only one error on the removal.bat for the Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package, all the other removal are fine (windows seven pro 32bits rtm).
I've tested the iso on a virtual pc a have seen no apparent bug, so do you think i can safely use it with the Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package removal bug ?

Thanks.

Yes you will be fine i personally would try the process again from scratch as that package should be removable it failed once on me out of many tries. It should removable, but it failing to remove will not hurt your end result and it will work fine just the iso and install itself will be a smidgen bigger but nothing substantial. Thanks for the compliments as well greatly appreciated :) Which preset you using 7elite, 7media, or 7xtreme. Also i did not test these scripts on the pro version make sure you change the image variable in mount.bat and removal.bat to "4". :whistle:

Edited by liquid0624, 15 September 2009 - 01:50 PM.

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

I got it right this time. ICS has been enabled!

Only thing is it doesn't get enable through network card properties or while creating ad hoc wireless connection, but first has to enable network discovery on, file sharing on etc., through Advanced Sharing Option. Once done, it will enable ICS!

Great work bro :) Clavicle did you have to change anything in the cleanup.bat, removal.bat, or vlite preset.ini to make ICS work? Which preset did you use 7elite, 7media, or 7xtreme (32 or 64 bit)?

satsuki_yatoshi

satsuki_yatoshi
  • 8 posts
Yes i've changed the image variable to 4 (i've made some bat file myself so that was not the hard part ^^)
The version use is the 7elite32 witch is te most suitable for my use.

I'll try some more in virtualpc tomorrow and if it's right, i'll install it for real ^^.

Thanks again.

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Great work bro :) Clavicle did you have to change anything in the cleanup.bat, removal.bat, or vlite preset.ini to make ICS work? Which preset did you use 7elite, 7media, or 7xtreme (32 or 64 bit)?

Window 7 Premium, X64,
Presets/inis used: 7Media64
Modded files: Removal.bat
Customised vlite

I intentionally left a lot things in vlite because breaking Windows is worst option. I deleted few entries which exclusively referred to networking, (even though I used image index 2, but entries referring to 3 and 4 were also deleted) from removal.bat.

This combination works for sharing, but homegroup option is also broken. If "homegroup" is required one might consider deleting line 75 of original 7media64's removal.bat

"%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Package%winsuffix%"

Here are my files :thumbup

Attached Files

satsuki_yatoshi

satsuki_yatoshi
  • 8 posts
Hello.
I've done some more test with the 7elite32 pro and can't get virtual pc rc works, the install juste goes fine, but when the computer reboot it cancel the virtual pc update and remove it.
I've tried to redo a 7elite32 pro with the virtualpc line removed from removal.bat bu it's the same bug.
So there is certainly a deleted composant needed by virtualpc but i can't find it.

So if anyone get virtualpc rc work with 7elite32 please tell me ^^

Food4PC

Food4PC
  • 9 posts
Help me friends--
I'm having trouble making my own windows 7 lite
I'm using 7elite32 for windows 7 ultimate x86 RTM.followed the guide n set image to 5.using my little tweaked removal.bat and cleanup.bat(just removed entries for wmp troubleshooters n recover folder,media respectively).

Problems-
entered command 'removal' in cmd with admin.evrything went fine-all process completed successfully.but when i checked size of the source folder in 7elite32 dir,it grew from 2.34gb to 2.37gb,which i suppose shud have decreased.
Then went further n ran vLite n unchkd some components which i needed.everything goes fine.source folder size down to 1.23gb.Now ran ' cleanup' command n again strangely,the size of the source folder grew a little more.
I stil went ahead n ran vlite again as explained in the guide n unchekd all components n dint changed any tweaks n click apply.This time during the 'Applying Settings' stage,vLite Crashed.
It disappeared without showing any warning or error message.

I ran the whole process again but no luck again - vlite disappears.

So,plz tell me which step i am doing wrong or is there any problem with my bat files?

And, one last thing - i want to keep manual install option but remove upgrade option- How can i do this?

attached my custom bat files-

Attached Files

kawe

kawe
  • 5 posts
i get an install completion error..

followed instructions; no problems at all (integr drivers)

at the end of install i get the following error; win setup could not config win to run on this comp's hardware

as i said i alrdy integr. all the drivers needed, any suggestions? or did i missed an explanation? :blink:

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
Great work!

Well thought out and clear guide. However I get an error on step 9.

I have the command prompt open and I type mount. I press enter and I get an error of:

The system cannot find the path specified.

I have double-checked the previous steps but it cannot locate the file for some reason. I investigated the paths in the batch files and they appear ok. The file install.wim is in C:\7xtreme64\sources.

Any thoughts?

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
I fixed it, temporarily by hardcoding the path.

This is the area I focused on in mount.bat:

REM Directory containing orginal image to be modified
REM set source="%parent.1%\sources"

set source="C:\7xtreme64\sources"

That is the only thing I changed. I checked the path settings and for some reason it's not recognized on my system. I followed the instructions on how to keep the paths in place so I'm not sure what's happening so far.

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
Now I get a similar error when I follow step 10 and type removal. It appears the paths are incorrectly referenced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN