Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

vincentvega007

vincentvega007

• 16 posts
Hi,

I putting in word for update Windows 7 RTM manual for new Win 7 with SP1.

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

marcel1982

marcel1982
  • 2 posts
I would appreciate it, if this works on Windows 7 Sp1 :thumbup

marcel1982

marcel1982
  • 2 posts
I made this on my Windows 7 X64 Maschine and it works with Service Pack 1.

I have made a Windows 7 virtual machine and followed the Instructions in the pdf. But I changed the "removal.bat". The head of the file looks now:

@echo off

REM Code Base
set code=amd64

REM Build Number
set build=7601

REM Minor Build
set minor=17514

I changed the "set build" to 7601 and the "set minor" to 17514. I also deleted the follow lines:

%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%

I tested it yeasterday Evening and it works now with Sp1. Here the things that I have done:

- Installed Windows 7 x64 (Sp1 included) in Vmware 7.
- Changed the "removal.bat" in the "7media64" package like above.
- Installed WAIK for Windows 7, not the Vista Waik.
- Followed the Instruction in the pdf from experience.

I didn't get any error. :rolleyes:

T1000

T1000
  • 2 posts
Hi there...
I've successfully performed dism removal without error message on Ultimate 7601.17514 x86
As follows...
Prepare the install.wim following this http://www.msfn.org/...-batch-removal/

Then, after removing WAIK2 or, as I did, WAIK3 for W7 and installed WAIK1.1, copy imagex from WAIK1.1 in wtools dir.
Vlite must be installed after AIK1.1 cause it takes a copy of his library on vlite directory.
If you install vlite after AIK 3, wimgapi.dll must be taken from AIK1.1 directory and replaced in vlite dir.

Run gimagex, mount install.wim to any directory with read/write, then commit and unmount.

Run mount.bat
Spoiler

Perform intall_wim_tweak manually if mount.bat doesnt
Like :
Spoiler

Modify removal.bat as marcel1982 said:

REM Build Number
set build=7601

REM Minor Build
set minor=17514
also remove these lines 'cause those packages are missing
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%
Run removal.bat and so on

After a couple of error message i've decide to split removal.bat into 2 phase.
Removal1.bat with alf list of packages and removal2.bat with the rest.
Each phase was commited at the end.

A partial report

Spoiler

The next step is find out why i get "error loading boot.wim aborting" in vlite
Maybe removing packages using vlite before dism will work.
==========================
Environment used:
ULTIMATE 7600.16385 x86

Thanks to liquid0624 & dead0

Edited by T1000, 25 June 2011 - 03:41 PM.

Squeeto

Squeeto

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
First, Wow, thank you Liquid0624 and Liquidzgurl.

I hope that this hasn't already been asked; there is a lot of reading here.
If I want to use 7xtreme32 but include "Windows Sidebar & Gadgets", should I remove-
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Package%winsuffix%
from removal.bat?

I know how to do the vLite part.

T1000

T1000
  • 2 posts
nop

Edited by T1000, 28 June 2011 - 08:54 PM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Hi all I am trying to build my own small Win7 Sp1 x86 ~500-600mb install.wim. Ive seen a great examples of this from a friend who made a spanish sp1 that was 700mb ISO. I have the source and wanted to make it english and remove the spanish which he said would be simple. I added english no prob but getting spanish removed has not worked at all. Hes tried to help me but his english is not so good. Ive read over at Technet this should be pretty easy so not sure why Im having so much trouble with this. I have tried to do this with every single DISM tool out there and others that do not use DISM (rt 7 lite and vlite) and none have worked simply wont remove or crash. The dism error I get is wim is no longer serviceable. Error 800736b3 the specified image is no longer servicable. My host machine is WIn7 SP0

Even with install_wim_tweak.exe working on the mounted wim. I even tried takeown and give admin rights to all files in the mount. Same result I can not remove these packages without that error. This is with WAIK for vista installed and WAIK for 7 3.0 installed. Both yeild the same results.

dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-PhotoPremiumPackage~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514

If someone can shed some light on why I cant remove those packages that would be great. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the source is orginally spanish and thus I can not remove WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack or related as its part of the core of windows (even with english set as default). I would love to have that confirmed or denyed?

Since this has failed I am going back to the drawing board to try to make a new Win7 SP1 that fits on a CD. So what I am wondering is if this package removal is working with Win 7 SP1 and if this is still current? RT 7 lite seems to now have a lot of things you can remove. So does RT 7 superseed this or not yet? Does anyone have an example of a good last session with RT7 lite that keep basic functionality and allows office install at 700mb size? Perhaps a cross over method with dism removals and RT 7 lite? Im not so sure if this method works well with win 7 SP1 or not. Like to get some feedback on that also.

Hope to hear from you guys..

Thanks

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
You can find help here about the procedure adding English language for your Windows 7 Spanish:

http://technet.micro...268(WS.10).aspx (boot.wim)
http://technet.micro...306(WS.10).aspx (install.wim)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/12500-HowTo-create-a-multi-language-Windows-7-or-Windows-2008-R2-server-DVD-installer.

When all the process is done, Maybe you can remove Spanish language! But I'm not sure! :ph34r: Use at your own risk!

The best way is to keep your original Windows 7 language (Spanish) and add a new language to switch between languages, or buy a new copy with another original language (English)!!

I've tested adding English inside my Windows 7 French version (boot.wim and install.wim) and worked, but I haven't tested to remove French language!.

Be carefull with the SP1 Windows 7 version: you need WAIK for Windows 7 SP1 after installing WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7

http://www.microsoft...11-39c26d3b3b34 (WAIK 3.0)

http://www.microsoft...74-33BC62F02C5D (Supplement for Windows 7 SP1)

http://www.mydigital...download-links/ (Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language packs)

More help: http://technet.micro...28WS.10%29.aspx

Extract:

Posted ImageImportant

The Windows image must be a recently installed and captured image. This ensures that the Windows image does not have any pending online actions.

Always install language packs before installing updates. If you install an update (hotfix, general distribution release [GDR], limited distribution release [LDR], or service pack [SP]) that contains language-dependent resources before you install a language pack, the language-specific changes contained in the update are not applied.

Packages with language pack dependencies can be identified by using the Dism /Get-PackageInfo command.

In the "Custom Properties" section of the report, look for the Dependency = "Language Pack" key/value pair.

If language packs are installed after an LDR or GDR package with this attribute, the fix must be reinstalled.

Do not add the same language packs to the image that you added to the distribution share.

It's the first stage!

I hope that can help you!

*Edit: vLite 1.2 works with Windows 7 SP1 integrated BUT FAILS with Original Windows 7 SP1 MSDN!

I think the solution is to install Windows 7 SP1 MSDN on a new parttion and using sysprep to CAPTURE the new image install.wim with imagex.exe. And after use vLite 1.2 with the new install.wim image...because some files are PENDING!

http://www.wincert.n...nt-101-updated/

*Edit2: You can't remove these packages because they are needed for your installation Windows 7 spanish language!

Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-PhotoPremiumPackage~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514

Edited by myselfidem, 08 July 2011 - 01:52 PM.

For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Hi.. Actually I tried the apply/capture wim with gimagex just to see if I could then remove the spanish after doing that. That did not work either.

The WAIK 3.1 update is only for Win7 PE. The release notes says you do not need it for working with install.wim only winre.wim and winpe.wim's. If you know otherwise I'll download that update.

As for the removal I think its impossible as its a core language and it simply will not allow you to remove it.

Do you know if this method removes more then using rt seven lite? It seems that a lot of people still use vlite and these scripts over rt seven lite (not sure about if thats true of SP1). So is this still the best removal option out there even for SP1?

Thanks

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
If you want add English language inside your DVD Windows 7 SP1 spanish, you may need to use Supplement for Windows® 7 SP1.

To add English language inside your boot.wim SP1, you need this update! Look inside => C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PE Tools\x86\WinPE_FPs\EN-US

This supplement is optional. If you do not need to modify the SP1 boot.wim and winre.wim files, you can continue to use the Windows 7 RTM tools, including WinPE 3.0, without installing this supplement.

The process discribed in this topic is using vLite 1.2 with batchs given (7elite32.rar, etc.) and making some changes with Windows 7 SP1 as explained by some members inside the batch files!

With my Windows 7 SP1 French version (SP1 integrated using "sysprep method") I can use this method!

On another topic, some members use vLite and RT Seven Lite!
http://www.msfn.org/...te-and-rt-lite/

*Edit: If you want make your customized Windows 7 SP1 more "lite"; you can remove all the files inside: C:\%DVD%\sources and keep only: setup.exe; boot.wim and install.wim

Example: Web Link (French). Sorry I not found in English

http://www.forum-unattend.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=495

Edited by myselfidem, 08 July 2011 - 02:07 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
*For testing!

I've made a complete test successfully with this method using 7elite32.rar files with Windows 7 SP1 x86 Ultimate French version - with SP1 integrated (using sysprep method) !

How to (Thanks ricktendo64) :
http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7384-video-windows-7-aikopk-deployment-101-updated/

But I changed some lines inside the batch files to use only ONE IMAGE install.wim (Ultimate)! and adapt for Windows 7 x86 French SP1.
[Right clic on the batch files and select: Run as Administrator]

* You can use ONLY WAIK for Vista 1.1 but vLite 1.2 shows - sometimes - a WARNING window about Windows Version (only works fine for Windows Vista and use at your own risk!):
Image vLite 1.2 Warning
Tested with only WAIK 1.1 for Vista for my customized iso file and WORKS!

* Disabled System Restore and Antivirus!

1) First installed WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7
http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5753

2) Mounted R/W the image with mount.bat - OK and permissions - OK
3) Used removal.bat to remove Packages - OK and commit.bat - OK
4) Installed vLite 1.1.6 Final (to have wimfltr) and after vLite 1.2!
Launched vLite 1.2 using my customized Last Session.ini (inside C:\Program Files\vLite\Presets) - OK

*workaround: http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__821117

5) Uninstall WAIK 3.0 (How to)
http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__970041

6) Installed WAIK 1.1 for Windows Vista (to have permissions using cleanup.bat)!
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=9085
(Download the same language installed on your computer)!

7) Restart the computer

8) Used mount.bat and cleanup.bat - OK
9) Used commit.bat to Unmount /Commit the image - OK

10) To make "lite" I removed all files inside = "C:\7elite32\source\sources" and keeped ONLY: setup.exe, boot.wim, install.wim and install_Windows 7 ULTIMATE.clg

11) Batch file to compress image install.wim to save space:

Compress.cmd
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" /export C:\7elite32\source\sources\install.wim 1 C:\7elite32\source\sources\installv2.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE"  /check /compress maximum
pause

Remove install.wim and rename installv2.wim as install.wim

12) Removed inside Distribution location: C:\7elite32\source\ => setup.exe, upgrade, support, autorun.inf

13) Created an iso file and tested with Oracle Sun VirtualBox!

14) Using my customized Autounattend.xml ! SUCCESS ! NO ERRORS! Voilà! :thumbup

Examples:

mount.bat
[for ONE IMAGE Ultimate (new index=1)]
Spoiler

mount.bat result
Spoiler

removal.bat
Spoiler

removal.bat result
Spoiler

*Workaround: Using commit.bat and discard.bat to Unmount/Commit or Discard successfully the image!
After you launched the batch file, CLOSE the open folder window : C:\7elite32\batch
Otherwise the image will be improperly unmounted!!

*SOLVED. Adding = taskkill /F /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq batch" inside the batch files to CLOSE the window! :thumbup (needed with WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7)

[If this happens, you can use: Dism /Cleanup-wim]

commit.bat result
Spoiler

commit.bat
Spoiler

discard.bat
Spoiler

cleanup.bat
Spoiler

Create an ISO file:
You can create a folder (example: test) inside = C:\7elite32\test
1) Copy/paste inside the file etfsboot.com (located inside C:\7elite32\source\boot\etfsboot.com)

2) You can create a bootorder.txt to save inside the folder test

bootorder.txt
(if you have removed languages, you can delete the lines with "rem", and adapt the language to your needs)
Spoiler

7elite32_x86_ISO.cmd
Spoiler

*The batch files need to be adapted to your needs and language! For 64-bit computer use amd64!

I think the best way with Windows 7 Utimate SP1 MSDN is to install Windows 7 on another partition and using sysprep and imagex.exe to CAPTURE the new install.wim (new index=1)!
After I think this method will work fine!

Many thanks liquid0624 and the Team

Download links: http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__933395

Image 7elite32 and WPI

*Edit: post updated

*Edit2: ImageX Command-Line Options:
http://technet.micro...302(WS.10).aspx

Extract:

Important
You must install the WIMMount filter before you can mount an image. Disable System Restore when running Windows image filter. Windows imaging filter may fail when copying files into the mount point.
On Windows Server 2003, running the xcopy command against a Windows image mounted from DVD or CD may cause system failure. Do not run the xcopy command during the mount.

When mounting a Windows image file, a sharing violation may occur if another application (for example, antivirus-protection or search-indexing application) attempts to access a file within the mounted directory.
To fix this issue, disable the application accessing the file and repeat the mount operation.

*Edit3: We can also add a reg file to "open a command prompt inside the current folder with Admin rights":

command_Admin.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;----------------------------------------------------------------------
; - Open a command prompt inside the current directory as Administrator-
;----------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\cmd]
@="@shell32.dll,-8506"
"HasLuaShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
"Icon"="cmd.exe"
"Extended"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\cmd\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

When you are inside the folder "batch" right-clic and select "Open a command here" and write the batch name to launch this one!

C:\7elite32\batch>mount.bat

Spoiler

Edited by myselfidem, 25 October 2011 - 01:55 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts

First, Wow, thank you Liquid0624 and Liquidzgurl.

I hope that this hasn't already been asked; there is a lot of reading here.
If I want to use 7xtreme32 but include "Windows Sidebar & Gadgets", should I remove-
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Package%winsuffix%
from removal.bat?

I know how to do the vLite part.

Yes! :rolleyes:

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
When we have errors removing Packages, that means that some Packages are not availables and doesn't exist inside install.wim image SP1!
Or they are already removed!
At first its' needed to use:

Dism /Image:C:\7elite32\mount /Get-Packages >C:\Packages.txt

Reading the list we can see some Packages doesn't exist with image SP1

We must adapt the lines %rempacks% to our needs!

Error.txt:

Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de déploiement
Version : 6.1.7601.17514

Version de l'image : 6.1.7601.17514

Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'ouverture - Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514 Erreur : 0x800f0805
Le package spécifié n'est pas un package Windows valide.

Erreur : 0x800f0805

Le package spécifié n'est pas un package Windows valide.

Le fichier journal DISM se trouve à l'emplacement C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de déploiement
Version : 6.1.7601.17514

Edited by myselfidem, 12 July 2011 - 02:14 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
I've made a new test using Se7en_UA to integrate only SP1. No updates integrated!

http://www.msfn.org/...-rtm-injection/

After I used this method (7elite32.rar) with my batch files given above for Windows 7 ULTIMATE. NO ERRORS, even with vLite 1.2. SUCCES! :)

Used only WAIK 1.1 for Vista and vLite 1.1.6 Final (to have wimfltr folder and files) and vLite 1.2

Same Process: mount.bat | removal.bat | commit.bat | vLite 1.2 with my Last Session.ini file | mount.bat | cleanup.bat | commit.bat and create an ISO file! WORKS FINE!

I see there is a lot of problems with "Last Session.ini" because some Packages are already removed and it's needed to take care with our Last Session.ini to work correctly!

After, we can integrate updates!

My Last Session.ini working is given on my last post above.

Enjoy!

Edited by myselfidem, 13 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

I've made a new test using Se7en_UA to integrate only SP1. No updates integrated!

http://www.msfn.org/...-rtm-injection/

After I used this method (7elite32.rar) with my batch files given above for Windows 7 ULTIMATE. NO ERRORS, even with vLite 1.2. SUCCES! :)

Used only WAIK 1.1 for Vista and vLite 1.1.6 Final (to have wimfltr folder and files) and vLite 1.2

Same Process: mount.bat | removal.bat | commit.bat | vLite 1.2 with my Last Session.ini file | mount.bat | cleanup.bat | commit.bat and create an ISO file! WORKS FINE!

I see there is a lot of problems with "Last Session.ini" because some Packages are already removed and it's needed to take care with our Last Session.ini to work correctly!

After, we can integrate updates!

My Last Session.ini working is given on my last post above.

Enjoy!

Are you saying that vlite crashes because some packages are already removed and not because a new post sp1 update is causing vlite to crash? I have a very updated wim with sp1 and IE9 and vlite will not mount the wim even if I apply/capture the image with gimagex. I dont believe its because vlite seeing missing packages its one of the many security updates I have included. Finding which one causes the crash would take hours but I need winsxs to be 100mb and only vlite can do that unless I nullify folders in winsxs one by one which will take hours to do.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
I spent many time to have a Last Session.ini working fine (days and days and days...) and making many tests and tests!
Also to adapt the batch files for ONE image (Ultimate) and using with my Windows 7 x86 French language!
Restart all the process when an error occurs.... :(

Tests made with Windows 7 x86 Ultimate integrating SP1 with sysprep or using Se7en_UA!

My advice is do not install updates but only integrate SP1. I tested integrating only SP1 and IE9 and works! :)

Test made on Windows 7 SP1 MSDN with WAIK 1..1 for Vista and the same method, but using FIRST the workaround given by bapt:B)

http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__957787 (post #105)

WORKS!

When your test is OK, you can integrate updates and add $OEM$ folders and use WPI 8.2.1 (for example) to install silently your programs and create a new complete customized ISO file. Tested and works!

Example integrating some Updates with WAIK 3.0 installed, after the process is complete:
Spoiler

Edited by myselfidem, 26 July 2011 - 03:56 AM.

vincentvega007

vincentvega007

• 16 posts

I spent many time to have a Last Session.ini working fine (days and days and days...) and making many tests and tests!
Also to adapt the batch files for ONE image (Ultimate) and using with my Windows 7 x86 French language!

Tests made with Windows 7 x86 Ultimate integrating SP1 with sysprep or using Se7en_UA!

My advice is do not install updates but only integrate SP1. I tested integrating only SP1 and IE9 and works! :)

Test made on Windows 7 SP1 MSDN with WAIK 1..1 for Vista and the same method, but using FIRST the workaround given by bapt:B)

WORKS!

When your test is OK, you can integrate updates and add $OEM$ folders and use WPI 8.2.1 (for example) to install silently your programs and create a new complete customized ISO file. Tested and works!

Example integrating some Updates with WAIK 3.0 installed, after the process is complete:

Spoiler

HI, I tested your method above on my Windows 7 SP1 MSDN but not successfully. vLite works correctly, but still removal.bat and cleanup.bat does not work. Any idea what to do?
My steps: 1) clean system Win 7 SP 1 on Virtual PC
2) install Waik 1.1
3) copy GimageX to AIK folder
4) use Gimages to the workaround given by bapt: apply and capture
5) mount.bat (it works properly)
6) removal.bat (this does not work)

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
You must adapt the batch file to your needs!

Attach your removal batch please!

Edited by myselfidem, 15 August 2011 - 12:22 PM.

Squeeto

Squeeto

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

WORKS!

Spoiler

HI, I tested your method above on my Windows 7 SP1 MSDN but not successfully. vLite works correctly, but still removal.bat and cleanup.bat does not work. Any idea what to do?
2) install Waik 1.1

I found removal.bat fails at:
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%

REM it and all after is fine for me.

I used myselfidem's suggestion:
to see if the package was there and it is.

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.1.7601.17514
State : Install Pending
Release Type : Language Pack
Install Time : 11/21/2010 12:47 AM

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514
State : Installed
Release Type : Feature Pack
Install Time : 11/20/2010 9:41 PM

Give it a try. Not sure why this package craps out though.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.1.7601.17514

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514

Weird!

New test made and No errors for me!

Spoiler

vincentvega007

vincentvega007

• 16 posts

You must adapt the batch file to your needs!

Attach your removal batch please!

There are my batch files - two version that I tried.

@echo off

REM Code Base
set code=x86

REM Build Number
set build=7600

REM Minor Build
set minor=16385

REM Folder Index
set index=0

REM Edition Index
REM 3 (Home Premium)
REM 5 (Ultimate Edition)
set image=3

REM Windows Version
set winver=6.1.%build%.%minor%

REM Windows Package Prefix
set winprefix=31bf3856ad364e35

REM Windows Package Suffix
set winsuffix=~%winprefix%~%code%~~%winver%

REM Retrieve parent directories from config file
for /f "tokens=*" %%x in (setupcfg.txt) do (
	set parent=%%x
	call:functionArray)

REM Directory containing current mounted install.wim
set mount="%parent.0%"

REM REM Directory containing orginal image to be modified
set source="%parent.1%\sources"

REM Set the location and command to remove packages using dism.exe
set dism="%source%\dism.exe"
set rempacks=%dism% /image:%mount% /remove-package /packagename:

%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Media-Foundation-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Results-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-BLB-Client-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Professional-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Ultimate-Client-Package%winsuffix%))
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-BusinessScanning-Feature-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-ClipsInTheLibrary-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-CodecPack-Basic-Encoder-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Editions-Client-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-GPUPipeline-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-IE-Troubleshooters-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Links-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Client-Sensors-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-NetworkDiagnostics-DirectAccessEntry-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-OfflineFiles-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-OpticalMediaDisc-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-PeerDist-Client-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-RecDisc-SDP-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-HomePremium-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Professional-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate-Package%winsuffix%))
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-ServicingBaseline-Ultimate-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Shell-MultiplayerInboxGames-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-StickyNotes-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-StorageService-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-WinOcr-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-WindowsMediaPlayer-Troubleshooters-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Foundation-Client-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-HomePremiumEdition-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-BusinessEdition-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-UltimateEdition-Package%winsuffix%))

:functionArray
if not %index%==3 (
set /a index=%index% + 1
set parent.%index%=%parent%)

and

@echo off

REM Code Base
set code=x86

REM Build Number
set build=7601

REM Minor Build
set minor=17514

REM Folder Index
set index=0

REM Edition Index
REM 3 (Home Premium)
REM 5 (Ultimate Edition)
set image=3

REM Windows Version
set winver=6.1.%build%.%minor%

REM Windows Package Prefix
set winprefix=31bf3856ad364e35

REM Windows Package Suffix
set winsuffix=~%winprefix%~%code%~~%winver%

REM Retrieve parent directories from config file
for /f "tokens=*" %%x in (setupcfg.txt) do (
	set parent=%%x
	call:functionArray)

REM Directory containing current mounted install.wim
set mount="%parent.0%"

REM REM Directory containing orginal image to be modified
set source="%parent.1%\sources"

REM Set the location and command to remove packages using dism.exe
set dism="%source%\dism.exe"
set rempacks=%dism% /image:%mount% /remove-package /packagename:

%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Media-Foundation-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Results-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-BLB-Client-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-HomePremium-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Professional-Client-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Ultimate-Client-Package%winsuffix%))
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-BusinessScanning-Feature-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-ClipsInTheLibrary-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-CodecPack-Basic-Encoder-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Editions-Client-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-GPUPipeline-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-IE-Troubleshooters-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Links-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Client-Sensors-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-NetworkDiagnostics-DirectAccessEntry-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-OfflineFiles-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-OpticalMediaDisc-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-PeerDist-Client-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-RecDisc-SDP-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-HomePremium-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Professional-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate-Package%winsuffix%))
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-ServicingBaseline-Ultimate-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Shell-MultiplayerInboxGames-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-StickyNotes-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-StorageService-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-WinOcr-Package%winsuffix%
REM %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-WindowsMediaPlayer-Troubleshooters-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Foundation-Client-Package%winsuffix%
if not "%image%"=="5" (if not "%image%"=="3" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-HomePremiumEdition-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="4" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-BusinessEdition-Package%winsuffix%)
if not "%image%"=="5" (%rempacks%Networking-MPSSVC-Rules-UltimateEdition-Package%winsuffix%))

:functionArray
if not %index%==3 (
set /a index=%index% + 1
set parent.%index%=%parent%)

vincentvega007

vincentvega007

• 16 posts

[/color]

Thanks for your tip, but I have no problem with removing the individual packges. There is a global problem: error 5, Access denied for all packages

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts

2) install Waik 1.1

You have Windows 7 SP1 MSDN !

Use the second batch removal.bat and change: (If you have mounted image:5!)

set image:

REM Edition Index
REM 3 (Home Premium)
REM 5 (Ultimate Edition)
set image=5

And copy your DVD on your Computer not inside a Vritual PC!!! => C:\7elte32\source (example with 7elite32.rar)
Read the guide, please!

Edited by myselfidem, 16 August 2011 - 02:28 AM.

vincentvega007

vincentvega007

• 16 posts

You have Windows 7 SP1 MSDN !

Use the second batch removal.bat and change: (If you have mounted image:5!)

set image:

REM Edition Index
REM 3 (Home Premium)
REM 5 (Ultimate Edition)
set image=5

And copy your DVD on your Computer not inside a Vritual PC!!! => C:\7elte32\source (example with 7elite32.rar)
Read the guide, please!

I tested it unsuccessfully - still same error.
When I skip the first step (workaround given by bypt - apply and capture) all is well: mount, removal, vLite, cleanup - everything works BUT during installatin I got this
http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__962345

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
Don't skip the first step with Windows 7 SP1 MSDN if you want a successfull result!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN