Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
  • Joined 17-May 09
I wonder if it has something to do with the version of Windows 7 I have.

I get a similar error for every package it attempts to "remove":

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7100.0

Image Version: 6.1.7100.0

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Foundation-Client-Packa
ge~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805
The specified package is not valid Windows package.

Error: 0x800f0805

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Perhaps this is covered elsewhere but I have not been able to isolate a thread discussing this. Any tips?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bardur

bardur
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Foundation-Client-Packa

I get the exact same errors..
yesterday it worked fine - only issue i had was virtualbox saying "win setup could not config win to run on this comp's hardware"
just like kawe said

But now i have this annoying error that i cant seem to get rid of - dunno if it has anything to do with me installing Norton ghost and stuff like that... it all happened after the i installed it
and i cant seem to fix it again :/

i have tried every possible method i know.. without luck :(

Im on Windows Vista x64 - trying to use the "7elite64" preset on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM

i do though want to say huge THANKS for this guide :)

Regards

EDIT

Heres a screengrab of the "mount" error that i get.

Attached Files

• Attached File  help.jpg   139.49KB   117 downloads

Edited by bardur, 17 September 2009 - 04:34 PM.

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
  • Joined 17-May 09

I get the exact same errors..
yesterday it worked fine - only issue i had was virtualbox saying "win setup could not config win to run on this comp's hardware"
just like kawe said

But now i have this annoying error that i cant seem to get rid of - dunno if it has anything to do with me installing Norton ghost and stuff like that... it all happened after the i installed it
and i cant seem to fix it again :/

i have tried every possible method i know.. without luck :(

Im on Windows Vista x64 - trying to use the "7elite64" preset on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM

i do though want to say huge THANKS for this guide :)

Regards

EDIT

Heres a screengrab of the "mount" error that i get.

Are your batch files correctly configured?
Do you have the correct version of the imagex.exe in the correct location for reference? (i.e. is the 32-bit or 64-bit version in the proper folder)

Rommsey

Rommsey

• 12 posts
  • Joined 17-May 09
Alright I have figured out the second set of errors. I had used an incorrect version of Windows 7. It's configured for Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385 as clearly indicated. Bardur and my errors on the removal portion are caused by a different release of Windows 7. I corrected this by downloading the correct version.

I still cannot correct the first error and upon further investigation, it has to do with how the parent directory is referenced in the batch files. The following is undetectable per se on my system:

%parent.1%

Hap

Hap

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09
Hi there,
I used the elite preset ( and changed a few things), now, everything worked flawlessly , until I discovered
I have no "user-mode driver framework" service :blink: ,
I don't recall removing anything to do with it, so... weird.

Usually I wouldn't mind about it ,
but apparently my laptop fingerprint reader needs it to work,
Iv'e already reformatted and I really don't want to remake the setup files and reformat again,
I don't even have the waik install as well, and that's more than a gig to download. :wacko:

does anyone know maybe how could I maybe
just install this "user-mode driver framework"?
I it came with wmp 11 (for xp), but that doesn't work ( extracted and tried to install the wdf.exe or whatever that was....)

Edited by Hap, 18 September 2009 - 12:43 PM.

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

Hello.
I've done some more test with the 7elite32 pro and can't get virtual pc rc works, the install juste goes fine, but when the computer reboot it cancel the virtual pc update and remove it.
I've tried to redo a 7elite32 pro with the virtualpc line removed from removal.bat bu it's the same bug.
So there is certainly a deleted composant needed by virtualpc but i can't find it.

So if anyone get virtualpc rc work with 7elite32 please tell me ^^

yes the packages necessary for virtualpc rc to funtion are removed two options I can suggest 1. If you know how edit the batch files like it seems you might based on what you said above you have to remove two not just one they are:
Microsoft windows virtualPC licensing package

Microsoft windows virtualPC usb rpm package

And maybe also
Microsoft windows virtualXP licensing package

Or the easier option

2. Download virtual box

Hope this helps

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

Hi there,
I used the elite preset ( and changed a few things), now, everything worked flawlessly , until I discovered

Iv'e already reformatted and I really don't want to remake the setup files and reformat again,
I don't even have the waik install as well, and that's more than a gig to download. :wacko:

I it came with wmp 11 (for xp), but that doesn't work ( extracted and tried to install the wdf.exe or whatever that was....)

I'm sorry to have this answer for you but what you refrenced is a windows system service which liquid has selected for removal in vlite - so unfortunately the only way to restore it would be to do a fresh install and if you redo the lite install make sure you uncheck that service from the service tree in vlite ^ sorry :(

Edited by liquidzgurl, 19 September 2009 - 12:34 AM.

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

i get an install completion error..

followed instructions; no problems at all (integr drivers)

at the end of install i get the following error; win setup could not config win to run on this comp's hardware

as i said i alrdy integr. all the drivers needed, any suggestions? or did i missed an explanation? :blink:

the only thing I can think of quickly is if you are using vlite to integr divers don't you need to use dism to do that if using vlite it will cause that error let me know if this solves the issue if not hopefully liquid can get back to you with an answer better than mine :)

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

if anyone needs additional information/help with configuring vlite please check out my replies that helped another user solve their dilemma with loading presets you can view it Here

Hap

Hap

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09

Hi there,

I'm sorry to have this answer for you but what you refrenced is a windows system service which liquid removed in the batch files for all the archives in this post so unfortunately the only way to restore it would be to do a fresh install and if you redo the lite install make sure you uncheck that service from the service tree in vlite ^ sorry :(

He removed it? ;)

I Guess it's part of something, because I really didn't see it,
could you possibly point me to what component not to remove in the removal batch.

guess I really will have no choice but to rebuild everything :no:

Edited by Hap, 19 September 2009 - 12:00 AM.

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

I'm sorry not the batch files I messed up about him removing it in them its a component in vlite that he has prechecked for removal not in the batch files only in vlite but to answer your question - when you are in vlite and you select what you are removing

look under the service tree section
On the component tab

right above system

2nd from the bottom is where you will see this

Make sure you uncheck user mode driver framework so that it will not be removed its only one that have to uncheck for that service and then you should be okay from there

Edited by liquidzgurl, 19 September 2009 - 12:37 AM.

Hap

Hap

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09

I'm sorry not the batch files I messed up a about him removing it its a component in vlite not the batch files but to answer your question - when you are in vlite and you select what you are removing

look under the service tree section
On the component tab

right above system

2nd from the bottom is where you will see this

Make sure you uncheck user mode driver framework so that it will not be removed its only one that have to uncheck for that service and then you should be okay from there

Ok, thanks. :)

rebuilding EVERYTHING because of one small line..... :wacko:

satsuki_yatoshi

satsuki_yatoshi
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 09-August 04
in my removal.bat i've deleted the following lines:
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
and as i said the wirtual pc update install itself, it seem ok but when the computer reboot it said it can't install the update and uninstall it.
so i think something removed in the vlite profile missing for the virtualpc usage.

Thanks again

Food4PC

Food4PC
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 02-March 08
I think i got the solution to my problem that i mentioned in my last post in this thread--

i m doing all of this process in vlited windows 7 home premium.i think i should move to vista n then do this. But do i need to install the same build of vista to process the required one in win 7 i.e. windows 7 ultimate can be slimmed on windows vista ultimate? n do i need to install the full blown vista or i can use vlited one?
And lastly,if anybody had success with windows 7 plz do tell me.

thanx in advance!

Hap

Hap

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09
Hi again,

I reformated again after repairing that user-framework thing...., everything worked ok,
than, after a few hours the search bar in windows explorer and start menu was gone :blink:

luckily for me a system restore repaired this, but anyone have any idea what could have caused it??

the only thing i can remember is that i insatlled office 2007 and sp2 and it happened shortly after that....
could this have caused it?

Edit: yep.... it's office 2007, installed again , search gone.... again

Edited by Hap, 19 September 2009 - 11:13 AM.

Terno

Terno

• 17 posts
  • Joined 12-November 03
My problem: after "curing" Windows 7 Ultimate, the setup stops at the very beginning (after I clicked "Install nows").
A window appear sayng "A required CD/DVD driver device is missing. If you have a floppy disk" ecc...
I can BROWSE to search the HD, but I can only see the DVD drive and a "boot drive (Z:)".

The PURE Win 7 ultimate iso didn't have this problem. Maybe some Hard Disk driver have been removed?

Thanks 4 any help.

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
copy setup.exe from original Windows 7 image. it is located in folder "sources"
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

yken

yken

• 26 posts
  • Joined 26-May 04
everything goes fine but vlite ISO is greyed. Vlite says its finished. That all. I cant make a ISO file. Why this happens?
I did not exit Vlite at stage 18. But it cant make ISO. How can i do this, everything fihished without any problem

Terno

Terno

• 17 posts
  • Joined 12-November 03

copy setup.exe from original Windows 7 image. it is located in folder "sources"

Already done! :no:
Setup.exe is together with boot.wim e install.wim...

Helpy!

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
Attached File  Capture_setup1.PNG   158.22KB   180 downloads

Copy this file to C:\7elite32(or whatever edition You're using)\source\sources

Terno

Terno

• 17 posts
  • Joined 12-November 03
OMG!
My fault! :blushing: :blushing:

I did the setup twice: first time I aborted 4 an error, second time I did it "on the fly"... and I take the wrong setup.exe.

Thanks!! :thumbup

AirJonn

AirJonn
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-September 09
Hi, first of all thanks for all the effort put in the project and guide it's really easy to follow but still i'm doing something wrong :)

I get an acces denied error on the removal part. The mount works fine, but removal gives error straight away:
Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Pa
ckage Error: 0x80070005

Error: 5

Access is denied.

This happens for almost all the packages, i have checked the dism.log and i found some errors:

Failed to load WimManager. Try running from the Deployment Tools Command Prompt. If the issue persists, ensure that wimgapi.dll and wimserv.exe are up to date.
Failed to add any commands.

or

Only package owners can remove package: Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
Package Manager: PID=2708 Failed initiating changes - CDISMPackage::Internal_ChangePackageState(hr:0x80070005)
Package Manager: PID=2708 Failed to Remove the Package. - CDISMPackage::Remove(hr:0x80070005)
Package Manager: PID=2708 Failed while processing command remove-package. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x80070005)
Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80070005

I have tried it on 2 machines, a Vista and a win7 and both give me the exact the same error so i'm prolly overseeing something here.

I have installed the WAIK for win vista sp1.. dism log attached.

Can anyone help me out here?

Attached Files

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
Try clearing attributes after copying from original source to C:\7elite32(or whatever edition You're using)\source\

AirJonn

AirJonn
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-September 09
Copied files from source to c:\7elite64\source

C:\7elite64>ATTRIB -R -A -S -H c:\7elite64\source\* /S /D

mount
removal

Same errors

That is the correct syntax to clear attributes right? I checked the files and folders and all attributes were gone.. no luck tho

survector

survector
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 09-October 07
I used Kazuni's preset for Windows 7 beta (build 7000) and it worked just fine.

I would like to only use vLite to remove components from my Windows 7 RTM, but the instructions given here are very complex for me. They talk about "DISM" and other stuff and procedures that go way over my head. Sorry. :-(

Does anyone have a vLite preset that I can use for my RTM Win7 that is similar to Kazuni's vLite preset?

Thanks! I greatly appreciate any help and I apologize for the dumb question. I only know how to use vLite for removing components. I don't understand about protecting dll's or using "DISM" or command prompt stuff.

best regards,
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users