Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
hi ! congratulations for your tools ! its awesome

... but i have some problems, not only with your batch (removal) but with command prompt with dism ...

here is my problem, maybe can you help me :

- when i use your removal.bat, only 1 package is removed, the localpack-CA, all the other return a 0x8007005 error, with on the next line the "error : 5"

- i tried to mount with the WAIK Vista imagex instead of 7 imagex = same result

- in pure command line, /remove package /packagename:xxxxx~~xxxx = same result

- when i ask for /get-packages , the only packages wich are in the list are Localpack-FR and CA, and the hotfix i have integrate with dism ... (34 hotfix)

is it because i used an iso with LP and hotfix intregrated ?
does i have to use a 100% untouched iso ?

the only tool witch is really working for me is Win Integrator alpha ... but too many bugs ...
all the other way give me this error ... (im working with vista sp2, waik vista)

edit : i have test your tool with an original iso from msdn untouched, and i have the same problem too ... any idea ?

Edited by fredpsycho83, 22 September 2009 - 06:10 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

AirJonn

AirJonn
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-September 09
Exact the same problem here.. see some comments above ^ .. My iso doent have hotfixes integrated so i doubt that's the problem i even tried 2 different iso's... lemme know if ya find a solution

Edited by AirJonn, 22 September 2009 - 06:02 PM.

eksasol

eksasol

• 34 posts
  • Joined 12-April 09
Thank you so much for putting this together. I never imagine I can run Win7 that take only 2.5gb of space.

Although I don't have any problems I have some suggestion. These are some of the features I think more basic users and I would like to have retained (even though I know how to edit the batch files to retain these features, I haven't test the Media batch version though), so perhap there should be a Basic batch theme with these settings:
-Sound and LAN drivers (So sound and internet would work when testing in Virtualbox in default setting. Maybe even WLAN and video adapters, its actually a good thing to have video, sound and internet working right away after installation.)
-Leave Zip Folder and Disc Cleaner unchecked.
-Retain Windows disc burning feature (I'm guessing its part of a bigger package though so might not be possible to include it individually)

Edited by eksasol, 22 September 2009 - 08:56 PM.

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

in my removal.bat i've deleted the following lines:
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Package%winsuffix%
and as i said the wirtual pc update install itself, it seem ok but when the computer reboot it said it can't install the update and uninstall it.
so i think something removed in the vlite profile missing for the virtualpc usage.

Thanks again

I guess its possible but no idea why its causing problems sorry but if you still want to try it out it has been successfully tested using vmware and virtual box although personally virtual box seems more user friendly its smaller and its free :/

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

I think i got the solution to my problem that i mentioned in my last post in this thread--

i m doing all of this process in vlited windows 7 home premium.i think i should move to vista n then do this. But do i need to install the same build of vista to process the required one in win 7 i.e. windows 7 ultimate can be slimmed on windows vista ultimate? n do i need to install the full blown vista or i can use vlited one?
And lastly,if anybody had success with windows 7 plz do tell me.

thanx in advance!

there have been quite a few people who have replied stating success with windows 7 check the first pages of this post if you want to contact any of them secondly ur other questions it shouldn't affect ur end result u just do win 7 or vista just make sure if its 32 you cannot build 64 but the other way around is ok and full blown might be better but it should work fine on vlite too liquid tested that theory himself on win 7 but not tested on vista hopefully my answer makes sense

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

everything goes fine but vlite ISO is greyed. Vlite says its finished. That all. I cant make a ISO file. Why this happens?
I did not exit Vlite at stage 18. But it cant make ISO. How can i do this, everything fihished without any problem

make sure you are checking the tab in vlite to enable make iso before you apply vlite settings

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

Copied files from source to c:\7elite64\source

C:\7elite64>ATTRIB -R -A -S -H c:\7elite64\source\* /S /D

mount
removal

Same errors

That is the correct syntax to clear attributes right? I checked the files and folders and all attributes were gone.. no luck tho

it sounds to me and liquid like you're copying from the wrong source check your steps from the beginning you should be copying all the files and directories and subfiles basically the entire contents from the original setup DVD or image and you are placing them in the source folder where you did before but it sounds like you copied the wrong files the way you did it so double check that and make sure you are putting the correct imagex.exe in the wtools folder

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

I used Kazuni's preset for Windows 7 beta (build 7000) and it worked just fine.

I would like to only use vLite to remove components from my Windows 7 RTM, but the instructions given here are very complex for me. They talk about "DISM" and other stuff and procedures that go way over my head. Sorry. :-(

Does anyone have a vLite preset that I can use for my RTM Win7 that is similar to Kazuni's vLite preset?

Thanks! I greatly appreciate any help and I apologize for the dumb question. I only know how to use vLite for removing components. I don't understand about protecting dll's or using "DISM" or command prompt stuff.

best regards,
Paul

you can use liquids presets with the exception that you need to uncheck the game explorer which is under games under accessories in the component listings in vlite and that should allow you to complete the install using just vlite

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

hi ! congratulations for your tools ! its awesome

... but i have some problems, not only with your batch (removal) but with command prompt with dism ...

here is my problem, maybe can you help me :

- when i use your removal.bat, only 1 package is removed, the localpack-CA, all the other return a 0x8007005 error, with on the next line the "error : 5"

- i tried to mount with the WAIK Vista imagex instead of 7 imagex = same result

- in pure command line, /remove package /packagename:xxxxx~~xxxx = same result

- when i ask for /get-packages , the only packages wich are in the list are Localpack-FR and CA, and the hotfix i have integrate with dism ... (34 hotfix)

is it because i used an iso with LP and hotfix intregrated ?
does i have to use a 100% untouched iso ?

the only tool witch is really working for me is Win Integrator alpha ... but too many bugs ...
all the other way give me this error ... (im working with vista sp2, waik vista)

edit : i have test your tool with an original iso from msdn untouched, and i have the same problem too ... any idea ?

Exact the same problem here.. see some comments above ^ .. My iso doent have hotfixes integrated so i doubt that's the problem i even tried 2 different iso's... lemme know if ya find a solution

double check your configuration the imagex.exe and the files being copied it sounds like one of those initial steps is being done incorrectly throwing things off start from the first step in the guide and try again verifying that every step is followed precisely post back with ur progress please

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

Thank you so much for putting this together. I never imagine I can run Win7 that take only 2.5gb of space.

Although I don't have any problems I have some suggestion. These are some of the features I think more basic users and I would like to have retained (even though I know how to edit the batch files to retain these features, I haven't test the Media batch version though), so perhap there should be a Basic batch theme with these settings:
-Sound and LAN drivers (So sound and internet would work when testing in Virtualbox in default setting. Maybe even WLAN and video adapters, its actually a good thing to have video, sound and internet working right away after installation.)
-Leave Zip Folder and Disc Cleaner unchecked.
-Retain Windows disc burning feature (I'm guessing its part of a bigger package though so might not be possible to include it individually)

I told liquid about ur post when I read it we r both glad to hear everything worked out for you and liquid likes and appreciates ur suggestions he will check attachment when he is able he's not feeling well but will highly consider ur basic suggestion and test it maybe upload it at a later time :)

blueadmin7

blueadmin7
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08
Got 5 errors during step 10 (removal part).
This is the section that returned error from removal.bat script

%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%

Error : 0x800f0805

Could this happen if you're using non US home premium package?

TheSleeper

TheSleeper
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 20-November 06

I got the same errors in the removal process

Is it because I am using MSDN Hong Kong version where there are no Au/CA/ bla bla bla packahges inside the iso ?

BTW, thanks Liquid0624 for your great great effort to create this thread and the sweet pdf guide for us to follow

Edited by TheSleeper, 23 September 2009 - 02:29 AM.

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
yeah, it works now ... in fact i had imagex of waik7 and he didn't mount the wim in r/w atributes, and the install_wim_tweak.exe didn't start too, so without the tweak and with the read only atribute it couldn't work ...

works great now !

but i have an another question : why can't we just delete all the packages with dismtool, instead of using vlite for some (green sheets in your pdf)

does dism create errors for those ?

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

yeah, it works now ... in fact i had imagex of waik7 and he didn't mount the wim in r/w atributes, and the install_wim_tweak.exe didn't start too, so without the tweak and with the read only atribute it couldn't work ...

works great now !

but i have an another question : why can't we just delete all the packages with dismtool, instead of using vlite for some (green sheets in your pdf)

all dism does is stops those removed packages from being installed by default! some of those files, if not all, are still in the winsxs folder which is where vlite works better as it removes the files from the winsxs folder too...if that makes sense?! :P

ps on a side note, in a x64 environment, are the x86 files such as the ntoskrnl, imageres.dll etc residing in the syswow64 folder needed?

Edited by dead0, 23 September 2009 - 11:58 AM.

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07

all dism does is stops those removed packages from being installed by default! some of those files, if not all, are still in the winsxs folder which is where vlite works better as it removes the files from the winsxs folder too...if that makes sense?! :P

yeah i have noticed that too ...
removing packages with DISM doesn't delete packages in the wim files ... a lite iso version of 7 take exactly the same place than an untouched iso ... in fact, my lite iso does 650Ko more.

My conclusion was : packages removed bay dism aren't be deleted, but disable from the install and always present in the dvd.

i think we have to deleted manually the depency from package/files, maybe in winsxs like you said.
Cant wait for a tool with chech/uncheck packages system, and delete the checked packages files from install.wim to really have a smaller iso ... because vLite is not totally designed for 7 and i think there'll be some bugs ...

EDIT : i have always an error at the end of the installation.
i use dism to add hotfixs and drivers, and remove packages.
don't use vlite for this one, but do same error with a vlited 7 iso ...

can't someone know why ?

Posted Image

i have deleted all the folders and files from the "dvd"\sources folder except
- boot.wim
- install.wim
- setup.exe (if i remove this one i have a driver error at the partition screen)

and i removed the "support" and "upgrade" folders too from the dvd...
i test my iso in VMware Workstation 6.5 (so i test windows 7 under windows vista virtual pc, no support of 7 now, but works fine without the removing packages)

Edited by fredpsycho83, 23 September 2009 - 03:39 PM.

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 19-November 08

Yes that will happen and will not affect your final result :)

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 19-November 08

works great now !

ps on a side note, in a x64 environment, are the x86 files such as the ntoskrnl, imageres.dll etc residing in the syswow64 folder needed?

Couldn't have answered that one better myself dead0 keep up the great work :thumbup

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 19-November 08

yeah i have noticed that too ...
removing packages with DISM doesn't delete packages in the wim files ... a lite iso version of 7 take exactly the same place than an untouched iso ... in fact, my lite iso does 650Ko more.

My conclusion was : packages removed bay dism aren't be deleted, but disable from the install and always present in the dvd.

i think we have to deleted manually the depency from package/files, maybe in winsxs like you said.
Cant wait for a tool with chech/uncheck packages system, and delete the checked packages files from install.wim to really have a smaller iso ... because vLite is not totally designed for 7 and i think there'll be some bugs ...

EDIT : i have always an error at the end of the installation.
i use dism to add hotfixs and drivers, and remove packages.
don't use vlite for this one, but do same error with a vlited 7 iso ...

can't someone know why ?

Posted Image

i have deleted all the folders and files from the "dvd"\sources folder except
- boot.wim
- install.wim
- setup.exe (if i remove this one i have a driver error at the partition screen)

and i removed the "support" and "upgrade" folders too from the dvd...
i test my iso in VMware Workstation 6.5 (so i test windows 7 under windows vista virtual pc, no support of 7 now, but works fine without the removing packages)

Possibly some of the hotfixes that you are applying to components that have been removed there for causing your install to fail :whistle:

Valentin LEFOUR

Valentin LEFOUR
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
Hi,

I deleted everything I could exept the components you asked to keep in the "7xtreme32", it says a CD/DVD driver's missin' ; was I wrong deleting all the drivers in vLite ? Also, I don't understand when you say we must use W.A.I.K. to install Windows 7, can't I just insert the DVD in the empty computer ?

Thank's a lot !

bautroibaola

bautroibaola
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
Hi,
I'm trying make 7media32 version. I make follow 7guide32.pdf file, but on 9th step, when I type mount and hit enter, this error occur (attach file).
I using Windows 7 full to make Windows 7 lite.
Thanks for guide!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   20.68KB   35 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   14KB   64 downloads

Valentin LEFOUR

Valentin LEFOUR
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
Hi there,

forget my last message, while removing the packages, I get these errors :

Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package

Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package

Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package

Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package

Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package

these packages don't want to delete ! how do I repair this ?

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07

Possibly some of the hotfixes that you are applying to components that have been removed there for causing your install to fail :whistle:

nope, i have tried without integrating updates or drivers, juste removing some packages ... still the same error.
i really don't understand why

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05

Hi,
I'm trying make 7media32 version. I make follow 7guide32.pdf file, but on 9th step, when I type mount and hit enter, this error occur (attach file).
I using Windows 7 full to make Windows 7 lite.
Thanks for guide!

You must have full administrative privileges for folder 7media32
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05

Hi there,

Are You sure, that You're using untouched Windows7 Ultimate ISO image?
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07

Hi there,

Are You sure, that You're using untouched Windows7 Ultimate ISO image?

i use msdn french iso of windows 7 and there is only Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-FR-Package and Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package, not the other, so its possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users