Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (312 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (133 votes [42.63%])

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.58%])

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
I'm stuck with 1 little problem. I can't integrate hotfixes :unsure: vLite gives error. Windows 7 toolkit integrates them, but after Windows 7 installation updates isn't applied. Any ideas? :(
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
vLite doesnt support Windows 7 hotfix integration, you must do it with dism command line :

dism /image:"your mount path" /add-package /packagepath:"your hotfix (*.cab or *.msu) folder path"
for example :
dism /image:c:\mount /add-package /packagepath:c:\updates

and for drivers :

dism /image:"your mount path" /add-driver /driver:"your drivers folder path" /recurse
for example :
dism /image:c:\mount /add-driver /driver:c:\drivers /recurse

Edited by fredpsycho83, 24 September 2009 - 08:13 PM.

hoang123456

hoang123456
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
Hi,
First thing, Thanks for your great guide. I could follow your guide - 7guide32 step by step without any error. But try with vmware could not install windows 7 successfully.

Error:
Posted Image

Posted Image

ISO file last creating = 1.05 Gb and this is details inside:
Posted Image

Step 22: I just copy ""Setup.exe" file from DVD to "sources" folder. Content only 3 files: Setup.exe, Install.wim, boot.wim.
Details i show in the above pictures

Please kindly help. I like your way and thinking about re-configure Windows

Edited by hoang123456, 25 September 2009 - 03:03 AM.

hoang123456

hoang123456
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
I am wokring with WIndows 7 build 7600.

Hope this help soon

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05

Hi,
First thing, Thanks for your great guide. I could follow your guide - 7guide32 step by step without any error. But try with vmware could not install windows 7 successfully.

Error:
Posted Image

Posted Image

ISO file last creating = 1.05 Gb and this is details inside:
Posted Image

Step 22: I just copy ""Setup.exe" file from DVD to "sources" folder. Content only 3 files: Setup.exe, Install.wim, boot.wim.
Details i show in the above pictures

Please kindly help. I like your way and thinking about re-configure Windows

You need to copy setup.exe from DVD:\sources, not from DVD root.

bautroibaola

bautroibaola
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
I've made 7media32 version by your guide.
No error when make. But when install on virtual machines (VirtualBox and VirtualPC), I get same error like image below.
Please tell me where I wrong? Thanks for support!

Attached Files

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
the guide says you will can deleted every single file in the dvd\sources folder except boot.wim and install.wim.
that's true for vista, but in 7 you will have keep the setup.exe file from this folder too.

the "dvd\setup.exe" and the "dvd\sources\setup.exe" are not the same, so don't delete this one and your installation will work perfectly.

if you wanna reduce your iso you can remove those files too, only if you don't use the upgrade installation (only the complete installation will work)

dvd\setup.exe
dvd\autorun.inf
dvd\upgrade <-- delete the entire folder
dvd\support <-- delete the entire folder
dvd\boot\fonts\ <-- keep only the wgl4_boot.ttf, delete the other files
dvd\efi\microsoft\boot\fonts\ <-- keep only the wgl4_boot.ttf, delete the other files

hoang123456

hoang123456
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
ok!
correct.
to bautroibaola. you must copy setup.exe from "Sources" folder to.
no from root.

Hoangcamapas.

Edited by hoang123456, 25 September 2009 - 10:36 AM.

HellsPit

HellsPit
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-January 09
I get "tons" of errors and i dont know why...

I use a Windows 7 64 bit Version and the 7elite64....

I get The Errors:

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package
Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Driv
ers-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Result
s-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package Error:
0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-BLB-Client-Package Err
or: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-BusinessScanning-Featu
re-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-D
rivers-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-ClipsInTheLibrary-Pack
age Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Editions-Client-Packag
e Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Packag

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-GPUPipeline-Package Er
ror: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-IE-Troubleshooters-Pac
kage Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Links-Package Error: 0
x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Client-Sensor
s-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-NetworkDiagnostics-Dir
ectAccessEntry-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-OfflineFiles-Package E
rror: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-OpticalMediaDisc-Packa
ge Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-PeerDist-Client-Packag

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-RecDisc-SDP-Package Er

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Packag

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Shell-MultiplayerInbox
Games-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-Package E
rror: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-StickyNotes-Package Er

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Publi
shing-WMIProvider-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Remot
eApplications-Client-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Pa
ckage Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Pack
age Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-VirtualXP-Licensing-Pa
ckage Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-WinOcr-Package Error:
0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-WindowsMediaPlayer-Tro
ubleshooters-Package Error: 0x80070005

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Foundation-Client-
Package Error: 0x80070005

I repeated the step 8-10 a few times but i dont get a clear result, can anybody help me plz?!!

Mrgentlemen

Mrgentlemen
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-September 09
Hi, i want to remove some components from the win7-DVD, but im a little confused about this.

1. What is the safest method to remove unneeded components? is there a chance to remove it in win xp (32)?

2. im running xp at this momment, so is it possible to remove some of the components listet in the 7packages.pdf with Vlite without doing the other changes (dism)?

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
Very nice work. I went through and manually deleted a lot of the unused fonts while it was processing removal.bat, then I went to customize cleanup.bat and found you had already beat me to the punch :)

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

I get "tons" of errors and i dont know why...

I use a Windows 7 64 bit Version and the 7elite64....

It looks to me like you dont have proper access to the folder. Did you have the command window running as admin?

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
double post

Edited by The Orange Pigeon, 26 September 2009 - 03:33 AM.

steean

steean
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-December 08
I'm experiencing the same errors as HellsPit.. "error:5 access is denied"

I've tried removing any ownership restrictions, both by left click->properties and by attrib in the command prompt.

Is there any other way to make sure I all access needed to run removal.bat successfully?

HellsPit

HellsPit
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-January 09
I'm Admin on my Computer i disabled the UAC but after your post i tried to activate the "Admin" with the command net user Administrator /active yes but nothing changed... -.-"
I dont know what the problem ist...

mena_mon

mena_mon
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 16-November 07
so what the final size of the iso ? i would be happy if its 700 mb or less .. so can any one confirm what is the final iso size ?

best regards..

hoang123456

hoang123456
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
I am using this windows version, it's pretty good and fast. Anyone see error when using please post here and discuss.

hoang123456

hoang123456
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09

I'm Admin on my Computer i disabled the UAC but after your post i tried to activate the "Admin" with the command net user Administrator /active yes but nothing changed... -.-"
I dont know what the problem ist...

Ensure that you run cmd with Run as Administrator.
Thanks

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
Can I ask the purpose of the second run of vlite and removing every thing in the C:\*\sources\sources folder?

Wouldn't it be simpler and do the same thing just to leave manual install via the preset in vlite? Even in the extreme, it comes to 1.08gb, meaning that you need a 2gb flash or a dvd to install it anyway. Not point in trying to save space on the install media and the end result is the same.

*edit*
I changed the removal.bat and left some stuff in, so my install.wim is a bit larger than if you do the bat straight. Still, it seems a lot of confusion that could be simplified.

Edited by The Orange Pigeon, 27 September 2009 - 01:52 AM.

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 26-February 05
Second run of vLite is needed if You use cleanup.bat.
vLite rebuilds install.wim file after cleanup.bat removes sounds, themes, fonts, built-in drivers and adds some tweaks :yes:

fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83

• 43 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07
i have a little question :
can i remove all the de-DE, da-DK, cs-CZ folder, etc ... from the system32 folder ? (they only contains few dll.mui files)
i'm using a french version of 7, and i won't use LP integratio to use it in other language, so can i remove all these folders safelly ?

Edited by fredpsycho83, 27 September 2009 - 06:34 AM.

boudha00

boudha00
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-September 09
hello

i just will say many thanks for this topic, whit it i can install windows 7 on my eeepc701 4Go SSD :wub:

Edited by boudha00, 27 September 2009 - 02:32 PM.

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
What all needs to be preserved to keep homegroup functionality? I have edited the removal.bat and have attached it here. I am also using my own vlite preset which I have used before and had homegroups work, so I know it isnt something from vlite.

Attached Files

Snart

Snart
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-September 09
Hello everyone!

I'm also getting Access Denied on every package after "removal".
The content of the source-folder is directly copied in there from my ISO, write protection is off for everything incl. subfolders.

I'm wondering if this could be related to the following warnings my dism.log contains after:

Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=3740 There is a possible version mismatch between the provider and one of its dependencies. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_LoadProvider(hr:0x8007007f)
Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=3740 Failed to Load the provider: C:\7xtreme32\source\sources\WimProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007007f)

Warning DISM DISM.EXE: Failed to load WimManager. Try running from the Deployment Tools Command Prompt. If the issue persists, ensure that wimgapi.dll and wimserv.exe are up to date.
Warning DISM DISM.EXE: Failed to add any commands.

If anyone could give me another hint, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

survector

survector
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 09-October 07

COMPONENTS that CAN be removed

Notepad
Paint
Wordpad
Printer Drivers
Printer Support
Media Metadata Handler
Photo Metadata Handler
Windows Aero Theme
Windows Media Codecs
Windows Media Player
Desktop Window Manager
Windows Remote Management
DHCP
SuperFetch
Windows Color System
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
SQM (Software Quality Management)

Is it safe to remove all languages too? Are there any other components
that can now be removed safely using vLite besides what was listed above?

Thanks! :-)

Regards,
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users