Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mrgentlemen

Mrgentlemen
  • 4 posts
i really cant figure out WHAT components gonna be removeed bye this guide....
can someone explain me what exactly will be removed???
its a bit weird for me to understand that.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts

i really cant figure out WHAT components gonna be removeed bye this guide....
can someone explain me what exactly will be removed???
its a bit weird for me to understand that.

It uses a batch file to run the built-in commands of DISM (which is the microsoft provided tool to modify their install files, called *.wim files). A batch file is basicly a collection of commands that you can type into a command window (what you get from typing cmd into the run box) in order. You can open the batch file and edit it if you like. The part to look for starts like this

%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Hyper-V-Guest-Integration-Drivers-Package%winsuffix%

If you are going to edit it very much, I recommend finding something called Notepad++ (google it) and opening the batch file in it.

That section is basicly the list of what is removed. If you open up the 7packages.pdf in the original post, it shows what those package names describes, from that you can decide if you want to remove it or not. To remove a package from the batch file, you dont need to delete it (in case you decide later to run it again you wont have to download again), just type "REM" before the line. If you are using Notepad++ it turns the line green. That is just the command to ignore that line and skip it.

All you have to do is match the packages in the removal.bat file to those in the 7packages.pdf file to see what will be removed.

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
The Orange Pigeon

What all needs to be preserved to keep homegroup functionality? I have edited the removal.bat and have attached it here. I am also using my own vlite preset which I have used before and had homegroups work, so I know it isnt something from vlite.

Please refer to my earlier post, I managed to get ICS working and also homegroup functionality working (only thing its complete display is kind of broken but, at least it works). Try it!

btw, it is for Media64 presets.

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon

• 16 posts

The Orange Pigeon

What all needs to be preserved to keep homegroup functionality? I have edited the removal.bat and have attached it here. I am also using my own vlite preset which I have used before and had homegroups work, so I know it isnt something from vlite.

Please refer to my earlier post, I managed to get ICS working and also homegroup functionality working (only thing its complete display is kind of broken but, at least it works). Try it!

btw, it is for Media64 presets.

I was using the xtreme presets, and it takes more than that. The one I was missing was the Network Diagnostics (Microsoft-Windows-NetworkDiagnostics-DirectAccessEntry-Package). it probably isnt removed from the media preset, I havent used that one.

So far, I've gotten ti trimmed down where it is still all the functions I need and I still have room for hibernation on my 4gb ssd netboot :D

Indyan

Indyan
  • 7 posts
wow. this thread is awesome. thanks for the detailed guide.

PythonJones

PythonJones
  • 2 posts
Just like to say thanks, this is the only guide I've followed that's worked with no problems each time I've tried it. Thanks! :D

Edited by PythonJones, 30 September 2009 - 06:01 AM.

wah00kid

wah00kid
  • 2 posts
Okay, so first off total newbie here so thanks a ton for the guides.

I have successfully gotten the 7elite32 and 7xtreme32 to install on my dell mini9 so I'm not a total id*** here.

I prefer 7elite32 so I will talk about that one. So I install it then install Avira Antivirus and then let Windows Updates run and it finds 4 drivers to load and does so with success except for my Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Modem.

Windows Update finds a driver but it doesn't successfully apply it, giving "the install class is not present or is invalid" error!

What is does successfully do is load what it calls Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Status Port (COM4)

So here is what I have done so far:

1) Try to find other drivers for this device mainly here: Sprint Software Downloads where I downloaded both the sprint app and tried it to load drivers by itself (didnt work) also downloaded the msi and extracted drivers myself and tried to manually apply drivers which gave me again "the install class is not present or is invalid" error after windows liked the driver files and tried to apply them but just didnt work.

2) Thinking this is a Modem I figured I could run a 7elite32 without the modem stuff being taken out so I followed the guides exactly as I had before but on both vlite run I unchecked the modem drivers in Components as well as editing the cleanup batch file to remove the following:

REM Modem Drivers
set part=mdm
del /f /s /q "%mount%\Windows\inf\%part%*">nul
for /d %%i in (%mount%\Windows\system32\Driverstore\FileRepository\%part%*) do rd /s /q "%%i">nul
for /d %%i in (%mount%\Windows\winsxs\%cb%_%part%*) do rd /s /q "%%i">nul

I just edited that out of the cleanup batch file. The install worked but resulted in the same problem as described above with either Windows Update automatically failing to load driver due to "the install class is not present or is invalid" or me doing it manually.

3) I installed Windows 7 without removing anything and it loaded both the Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Status Port (COM4) which shows up under Ports (COM & LPT) in device manager and Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Modem which show up under Modems in device manager

So I investigated the driver info in the successfully running install and find the following via device manager properties of Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Modem the following driver file details:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\modem.sys
c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nwusbmdm.sys

Now the file version of that nwusbmdm.sys is what I am giving it when I try to manually apply the update via the unpacked drivers from that Sprint website. I haven't check if modem.sys is successfully loaded in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\ folder of the 7elite32 non MODEM removal I did in step 2. I guess that will be the first thing I check after posting this.

But any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated and again thanks very much for the guides using 7elite32 and paring down recyclebin my pagefile and hibernation I got my install around 3gb on a 16gb ssd and thats just awesome.

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
uncheck Modem Support and Modem drivers removal boxes in vLite :yes:
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

wah00kid

wah00kid
  • 2 posts
Thanks jkey it works

and strike me not being an id*** since i didnt look also under hardware support for the modem stuff

my 7elite32 with modem support works great!

again thanks to these guides

AirJonn

AirJonn
  • 5 posts

Copied files from source to c:\7elite64\source

C:\7elite64>ATTRIB -R -A -S -H c:\7elite64\source\* /S /D

mount
removal

Same errors

That is the correct syntax to clear attributes right? I checked the files and folders and all attributes were gone.. no luck tho

it sounds to me and liquid like you're copying from the wrong source check your steps from the beginning you should be copying all the files and directories and subfiles basically the entire contents from the original setup DVD or image and you are placing them in the source folder where you did before but it sounds like you copied the wrong files the way you did it so double check that and make sure you are putting the correct imagex.exe in the wtools folder

Sry for my late response, that command you see was just to clear the attributes because it was mentioned as a possible solution for my errors. I copied the complete content of the Win 7 iso in c:\7elite64\source\, correct right? I also tripple checked I put the correct version of imagex in the C:\7xtreme64\wtools folder and I have the SP1 WAIK installed. Seems like a couple of guys here like HellsPit, Steean and Snart having the same issue, we have to have/do something in common ?

Have you, HellsPit, Steean or Snart found a solution yet ? I have re-read and done the whole guide a couple of times now but still no success :(

Edited by AirJonn, 01 October 2009 - 05:30 PM.

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
What is the file name of downloaded WAIK ISO?
Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

AirJonn

AirJonn
  • 5 posts
ik heb geinstalleerd - oops edit i mean I have installed - not Dutch here :)
6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso

Edited by AirJonn, 02 October 2009 - 11:38 AM.

radinette91

radinette91
  • 2 posts
Great Job thank for sharing.

I testing Elite32 ans i got an error of french Seven version.
I Use Seven Ultimate and i change version in the two batch files (3 to 5)

Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de déploiement
Version : 6.1.7600.16385

Version de l'image : 6.1.7600.16385

Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'ouverture - Microsoft-Windows-
ocalPack-AU-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385 Erreur : 0x800f0805
Le package spécifié n'est pas un package Windows valide.

Erreur : 0x800f0805

Le fichier journal DISM se trouve à l'emplacement C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

ocalPack-GB-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385 Erreur : 0x800f0805

ocalPack-ZA-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385 Erreur : 0x800f0805

ocalPack-US-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385 Erreur : 0x800f0805

C'est grave docteur ?

Edited by radinette91, 02 October 2009 - 10:49 PM.

bautroibaola

bautroibaola
  • 4 posts
I made Windows 7 lite media 32. When finish the install, a error occur.
How can I fix this error?

Attached Files

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
@ radinette91: You edited a french version of Windows 7, that is why the 5 local packs that you get errors for do not exist in your image.
Your image should be fine, for the next time you can remove the lines with Windows-LocalPack-XX-Package from your removal.bat (should be 5 lines).
I did the same for my german image and it works fine. :)

@ bautroibaola: The file wer.dll should be in the protected files dialog within vLite, so it does not get removed. Seems as if something went wrong. Did you load the preset from the 7media32 package within vLite?

Edited by Dynaletik, 02 October 2009 - 11:43 PM.

radinette91

radinette91
  • 2 posts
@Dynaletik
Ok thank for your answer I just wanted to make a clean breast ;)

dridzz

dridzz

• 41 posts
what .iso size are u guys getting with 7xtreme 64 bit ?

Edited by dridzz, 03 October 2009 - 12:19 PM.

Ultimist

Ultimist

• 13 posts
How do you reset this after you've run this once? I tried to do a new build but it no longer installs the tweak before mounting the image. Is there a file I need to delete somewhere? I'm using 7media64

Edited by Ultimist, 04 October 2009 - 04:15 AM.

nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh
  • 9 posts
so are we spost to set the image value to 3 if we are using win 7 pro 64bit?

blacknight1236

blacknight1236
  • 2 posts
i'm getting this error when doing the removal in windows 7 RTM SPANISH with 7elite64 can somebody
tell me there would be a problem if i keep doing all the process or can somebody fix that

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package~31bf38
56ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 Error: 0x800f0805
The specified package is not valid Windows package.

Error: 0x800f0805

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package~31bf38

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package~31bf38

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package~31bf38

An error occurred trying to open - Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package~31bf38

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
Please read page 7 of this topic. If you are running the batch on a non US Win7 image, the local packs are not included in the image. So they can't be removed. Just delete the 5 local pack lines from removal.bat and it works fine.

blacknight1236

blacknight1236
  • 2 posts
i am doing the cleanup in windows 7 rtm 7600 spanish but there is not 3 successfully lines but 2 the
first one says the system cannot find the file specified and the rest says the operation completed successfully
what i have to change in order to fix this problem

added
i am using 7elite64 cleanup please show me where exactly i have to add those lines and please could you mark it in red color it because i just do what i am reading i dont know about codes but if you show me i'll do it , thanks. ohh and i want to know if that goes for all 3 cleanup

Edited by blacknight1236, 07 October 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
@ Liquid0624: I think I found a missing line in the cleanup.bat?
For winsxs driver cleanup, you are using %cb% without defining what 'cb' should be.
I added a line
set cb=amd64
and now it seems to work. :)

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 36 posts

@Blacknight1236 just edit the removal.bat the way that Dynaletik suggested the error you are receiving whiledoing the cleanup is not going toaffect your final iso or install just leave the cleanup script as it is and then you should b fine. Also please edit your post ASAP and take the code from the cleanup.bat out of your post. liquid attached his scripts for everyone to feel free to use but didn't appreciate having it publisized. Thank you and I hope this information is helpful foryour successful completion

George King

George King

• 10 posts
FiX for registring manualy ieproxy.dll You can do it by this from batch which modifying install :whistle:

RunOnceEx

REG LOAD HKLM\W7 "%PathToMountedWIM%\Windows\System32\Config\Software"

SET ROE=HKLM\W7\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %ROE% /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d "00000014" /f

REG ADD %ROE% /v ieproxy.dll /d "regsvr32 %WinDir%\System32\ieproxy.dll" /f

REG ADD HKLM\W7\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx /d "%WinDir%\System32\rundll32.exe %WinDir%\System32\iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

REG UNLOAD HKLM\W7

RunOnce

REG LOAD HKLM\W7 "%PathToMountedWIM%\Windows\System32\Config\Software"

REG ADD HKLM\W7\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /v ieproxy.dll /d "regsvr32 %WinDir%\System32\ieproxy.dll" /f

REG UNLOAD HKLM\W7

I know, RunOnceEx working, i use it for installing my programs. I think RunOnce will work also :whistle: and we will have complete Windows 7 Extreme without registring after install :thumbup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN