Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

slipk487

slipk487

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
When I run the removal I end up with a bunch of errors. I cant figure out what is causing it nor do I know how to read the logs.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dism.rar   40.91KB   46 downloads

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rechinica

rechinica
  • 7 posts
Using the elite template, I've lost the functionality of the G15 multimedia buttons. Any idea how to get this back?
Ideal would be to install something of course, but i will rebuild all if i know what exactly i need to keep.

Thank you,

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
This should be the "HID Input Service". It was the same for my G19. Open Start -> Run "services.msc" and search for the service. It should be disabled, set the start type to manual and start the service. Now, the buttons should work again.
If you do not want the service to be disabled for your next image, delete the following line from your 7elitexx.ini:
HIDSERV = Disabled
So vLite will not disable the service when processing. :)

Edit: Okay, I just saw you are from Austria, so the name of the service should be "Zugriff auf Eingabegeräte". ;)

Edited by Dynaletik, 10 October 2009 - 11:43 PM.

rechinica

rechinica
  • 7 posts

This should be the "HID Input Service". It was the same for my G19. Open Start -> Run "services.msc" and search for the service. It should be disabled, set the start type to manual and start the service. Now, the buttons should work again.
If you do not want the service to be disabled for your next image, delete the following line from your 7elitexx.ini:

HIDSERV = Disabled
So vLite will not disable the service when processing. :)

Edit: Okay, I just saw you are from Austria, so the name of the service should be "Zugriff auf Eingabegeräte". ;)

Thank you so much! It works :)

pampio

pampio
  • 1 posts
I'm sorry if this is a noob question or if this has been asked before, but I keep getting a lot of errors in the removal step.
Step 1-9 all went without problems, and I followed the instructions carefully.
Trying with 7elite64 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 version.

The errors I get are:

Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - 'name of package here' -Package Error: 0x80070005

Error: 5

Accsss is denied.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM build.
Please help me. :(

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
Very great guide! I followed everything. Am attempting 7xtremex64 with my deselected preferences and cant understand why it keeps telling me that it requires a driver for the CD/DVD for installation. I have just come from running a complete installation using the original win 7 DVD and it installs without a hitch right to the very moment you activate it. That eliminates it as the problem.
I am on Win7.7600.16385.x64 OEM and I get absolutely no errors but cant get beyond this driver error. I wrote the image in speed X4 and X2 with nero burning rom (image burn option), so I really dont know what is wrong

jkey

jkey

Totally nLited

• Pip
  • 78 posts
You need to copy setup.exe from original ISO image folder "sources", NOT from the ISO root directory!

Edited by jkey, 11 October 2009 - 07:36 AM.

Always Outnumbered, never Outguned :)

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
That should be the 260KB one and not the 105KB?

burn

burn

• 34 posts
yup :thumbup

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
Okay it gets beyond that point where it would ask for DVD/CD driver but this time I selected these for removal:-

- Welcome centre
- Sync centre
- Snipping tool
- Background intelligent transfer
- Superfetch
- Internet explorer (HATE! it with a passion)
- Windows connect now

I also made some changes in tweaks before cleanup and now I get 2 "cannot find file Internet explorer.ink" statements then immediately afterwards 3 of "The operation completed successfully" statements right after cleanup. Now it gets to a point where it says something like it cant configure the installation and restarts without a successful installation. Whats breaking it now? :unsure:

Error:
Posted Image

I avoided unattended settings and I am using english version and not the language seen in the image, the above error in english shown in the dialogue box is what am getting

Edited by Kernelspoke, 11 October 2009 - 03:59 PM.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
keep Background intelligent transfer & see if that works?

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
Something is still breaking it :( even with Background intelligent transfer present

Cybermaze

Cybermaze
  • 3 posts
Well ... one more joins the dreaded "Error 5 - Access denied".

Working from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (danish), trying to lite a Windows 7 Starter x86 (danish) image for my netbook. Having installed the WAIK for Vista SP1 (double checked and checked again, its NOT WAIK 7), copied the imagex.exe file. Image set to 1 in mount.bat and removal.bat.

I can mount, but when I run removal, every package returns the "Error 5 - Access denied", as others have experienced. Well ... not every package, because some packages are missing from the Starter edition to begin with, I know that, but those that do exist, return the error.

I run cmd as administrator of course.

Any ideas as what to do?

EDIT

Looking in the Dism.log file I came across the following, for every package:

2009-10-12 15:41:14, Error				 CBS	Only package owners can remove package: Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385 [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
2009-10-12 15:41:14, Error				 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=2132 Failed initiating changes - CDISMPackage::Internal_ChangePackageState(hr:0x80070005)
2009-10-12 15:41:14, Error				 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=2132 Failed to Remove the Package. - CDISMPackage::Remove(hr:0x80070005)
2009-10-12 15:41:14, Error				 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=2132 Failed while processing command remove-package. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x80070005)
2009-10-12 15:41:14, Error				 DISM   DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80070005

Edited by Cybermaze, 12 October 2009 - 07:50 AM.

balczer

balczer
  • 1 posts
Hi!

First of all I would like to thank you for this fantastic description!
My problem is that I used 7elite32. All went smoothly, but I got this error message at Step 16 after I typed command "cleanup":

C:\7elite32\batch>cleanup
A következő fájl nem található: C:\7elite32\mount\Windows\Help\Windows\en-US\*.h
1s
A művelet sikeresen befejeződött.

C:\7elite32\batch>

"A következő fájl nem található" phrase in English means that "The following file is not found".
"A művelet sikeresen befejeződött" phrase in English means that "The operation completed successfully".

I'm Hungarian and I use Hungarian Ultimate version.
How can I get this file? Or I missed something?

Please help me, who knows!Thank you in advance!

Edited by balczer, 12 October 2009 - 10:53 AM.

Cybermaze

Cybermaze
  • 3 posts
Well ... fiddling some more with it, I figured out whats wrong (at least in my case): DISM mounts the image, but install_wim_tweak is not started! I dont know why, but it means I could fix the mounting problem manually and complete my 7elite32 trimming.

When I run mount.bat I see something like this:

ImageX Tool for Windows
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Mounting (RW): [c:\7elite32\source\sources\install.wim, 1] ->
			   [c:\7elite32\mount]

Successfully mounted image (RW).

But should also be seeing install_wim_tweak do something like this:

-------------------------------------------
------Pre-install registry Tweak Tool------
---------------for Windows 6.x-------------
-------------------------------------------
Processing : c:\7elite32\mount
Creating BKP of registry file...		 OK
Mounting registry file...				OK
Enabilng taking ownership...			 OK
Editing 'Packages' subkeys 364/364	   OK
Editing 'PackagesPending' subkeys 364/364OK
Modyfing registry completed sucessfully.

But Im not!

Those of you who had the same problem can fix it manually. After running mount.bat, navigate to your c:\7elite32\wtools folder and type:

install_wim_tweak.exe /p c:\7elite32\mount /m

After that, you can go back into the c:\7elite32\batch folder and run removal.bat. Do the same when you get to number 15, where you have to mount the image again.

Edited by Cybermaze, 12 October 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
Has anyone succeeded in 7xtreme64?
If yes can I have your ini? I even tried dead0's ultimatex64.ini but right at the point where it flickers so that it moves to loading Win7 desktop the dreaded error "Could not configure windows installation" pops up and its all a waste, so anyone?

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts
@Cybermaze: I followed your advice from step 15 and realized that you still need to mount before you can run
install_wim_tweak.exe /p c:\7elite32\mount /m
and thats how I got it to work for the 7mediax64 which I get a fully functional iso of 1.43GB big. Thanks for that. I finally realized 7xtreme64 wont work if you dont keep internet explorer

Edited by Kernelspoke, 13 October 2009 - 02:34 PM.

patwa

patwa

• 34 posts
Hello,

Firstly, thank you very much for all your hard work and for being generous enough to share it with us. I'm relatively new to this sort of thing, the last time when I did an unattended setup being with Windows XP, and of course a lot has changed since then.

I've made a reasonably successful start with slimming down my Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM, getting it to 2.2GB (or 1.1GB if I delete the contents of the LangPacks folder in the root directory). Windows installs and runs without any problems.

However, I'm having problems installing my screen reader. As I'm severely partially sighted this is understandably very important to me. One of the screen reader components is failing to install, and I'm thinking it may be due to a missing dependency. The list of dll's which the installer calls is:

ADVAPI32.DLL
CRYPT32.DLL
DOLSRVINSTALL.EXE
GDI32.DLL
IMAGEHLP.DLL
KERNEL32.DLL
MSASN1.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
NETAPI32.DLL
NTDLL.DLL
OLE32.DLL
PSAPI.DLL
RPCRT4.DLL
SECUR32.DLL
SHELL32.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL
USER32.DLL
WINSTA.DLL
WINTRUST.DLL
WTSAPI32.DLL

Dolsrvinstall.exe is the installer file itself, which is the one that is failing and which is invoked by the main screen reader installer.

I've started trying to match up the dll's with the components they are part of but I'm not making much headway. I was wondering if anyone would mind lending a hand with this? I've attached the vlite log file in case that helps, and if there's anything else you feel may help, I'd be happy to attach it also. I can't remember removing anything critical (over and above what liquid06 already had given in the vlite preset for 7elite32) but I did notice that speech support was removed, although I opted to keep accessibility.

Any help much appreciated.

Attached Files

bakura10

bakura10
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm using the Windows 7 Elite X86 and it works like a charm. However, I can't burn .iso and .img with the integrated tool anymore. The DVD burner is not recognized. However, it can read DVD and CDs with data without any problems. I have installed the latest firmware of the DVD burner (a Samsung SH-S203D) but it doesn't work :(.

Maybe there is a service deactivated or something like that ?

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Hi,

I'm using the Windows 7 Elite X86 and it works like a charm. However, I can't burn .iso and .img with the integrated tool anymore. The DVD burner is not recognized. However, it can read DVD and CDs with data without any problems. I have installed the latest firmware of the DVD burner (a Samsung SH-S203D) but it doesn't work :( .

Maybe there is a service deactivated or something like that ?

You probally removed it by accident make sure you uncheck it vlite under the System Tree on the Component Removal Tab. :)

bakura10

bakura10
  • 2 posts
Well... I don't want to format again. Well, I think I'm gonna use a 3rd party software... :/.

patwa

patwa

• 34 posts

Well... I don't want to format again. Well, I think I'm gonna use a 3rd party software... :/.

Hi, You could always try a virtual machine software such as VMWare, which I use myself, or free alternatives such as virtualbox and VirtualPC.

patwa

patwa

• 34 posts

Hello,

Firstly, thank you very much for all your hard work and for being generous enough to share it with us. I'm relatively new to this sort of thing, the last time when I did an unattended setup being with Windows XP, and of course a lot has changed since then.

I've made a reasonably successful start with slimming down my Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM, getting it to 2.2GB (or 1.1GB if I delete the contents of the LangPacks folder in the root directory). Windows installs and runs without any problems.

However, I'm having problems installing my screen reader. As I'm severely partially sighted this is understandably very important to me. One of the screen reader components is failing to install, and I'm thinking it may be due to a missing dependency. The list of dll's which the installer calls is:

ADVAPI32.DLL
CRYPT32.DLL
DOLSRVINSTALL.EXE
GDI32.DLL
IMAGEHLP.DLL
KERNEL32.DLL
MSASN1.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
NETAPI32.DLL
NTDLL.DLL
OLE32.DLL
PSAPI.DLL
RPCRT4.DLL
SECUR32.DLL
SHELL32.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL
USER32.DLL
WINSTA.DLL
WINTRUST.DLL
WTSAPI32.DLL

Dolsrvinstall.exe is the installer file itself, which is the one that is failing and which is invoked by the main screen reader installer.

I've started trying to match up the dll's with the components they are part of but I'm not making much headway. I was wondering if anyone would mind lending a hand with this? I've attached the vlite log file in case that helps, and if there's anything else you feel may help, I'd be happy to attach it also. I can't remember removing anything critical (over and above what liquid06 already had given in the vlite preset for 7elite32) but I did notice that speech support was removed, although I opted to keep accessibility.

Any help much appreciated.

patwa

patwa

• 34 posts
Hi, and apologies for the duplicate post above - it wasn't letting me edit my own post for some reason.

Anyway, re-enabling the speech support has fixed the issue with my screen reader. It should have clicked before when not even narrator was working (after keeping Accessibility) but it's all good now. I'm going to try to remove Natural Language though, as I don't think it plays a role in SAPI or similar.

sayyed.ali1981

sayyed.ali1981

Advance User

• 20 posts
i had error while removing the packages

plz find the dism error log file in the attachment

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN