Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

hares7293

hares7293
  • 2 posts
Do we need to burn the image on a dvd. I want to mount it with daemon tools but i always get the following error when using setup.exe:

the file "autorun.dll" could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x7E]

Thanks in adavnce

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

patwa

patwa

• 34 posts
Re: burning to DVD, no this is not absolutely necessary. Can I suggest using PowerISO which although is shareware, allows you to mount any sized ISO to a virtual drive. It's working for me like a charm. HTH.

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
nvm, solved. How do you delete posts?

Edited by boogerlad, 18 October 2009 - 03:48 PM.

expat

expat
  • 1 posts

install_wim_tweak.exe /p c:\7elite32\mount /m

Did the trick for me too, thanks for the tip.

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Donator

Just used this on my newly arrived Windows 7 Home Premium x64 disc. Worked perfectly first time :thumbup

I have a question:
Can you remove Internet Explorer using this method. I know trying to remove certain things in Windows 7 with Vlite used to "break" the installation. Is that still the case, or has that been overcome now?

Thx.

maliXPboy

maliXPboy

• 11 posts
thx for good tool and help

i use 7elite32,lay the files to c:\
had changed %image% from 3 to 5,administrator, no UAC.
problem:
stop at %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package%winsuffix% here,and doesn't go on working!

Posted Image

on the top "管理员" means administrator, at the botton "正在删除程序包" meas now is deleting packs,while im CHINESE

plz help me

damageboy

damageboy
  • 8 posts
Great guide.
Worked perfectly for me for Windows 7 Ultimate Media 64 Edition.
Great Job.
Will follow you into hell.

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts

thx for good tool and help

i use 7elite32,lay the files to c:\
had changed %image% from 3 to 5,administrator, no UAC.
problem:
stop at %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package%winsuffix% here,and doesn't go on working!

Posted Image

on the top "管理员" means administrator, at the botton "正在删除程序包" meas now is deleting packs,while im CHINESE

plz help me

As far as I see it the only cause for worry is if you are experiencing an error like error 5: or error 2: and direct referals to dism.log, how fast is the pc your running it on? Or is the pc running too many tasks simultaneously?

maliXPboy

maliXPboy

• 11 posts
cpu E4500 ram 1G X2 OS vista sp2(vlited by myself) that's the envieronment. and about 50 process.
and i decide not to delete the "Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package",and i add :: in front of this line,
the process in the remove.bat jump to the next command line and go on working.maybe there r sth.
different in my msdn x86 chinese version,after all,things are going ok.
much thx for reply me.

damageboy

damageboy
  • 8 posts
I have a problem with the 7xtreme64 version I've made.
While I do have networking as in ping 192.168.27.155 etc. I do not have the ability to open a network share.
Both running "\\192.168.27.155\downloads" from the run dialog box fails, as well as trying to use
"net use \\192.168.27.155\downloads" fails with the following error message:

>net use \\192.168.27.155\downloads
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

Naturally this does not happen with the 7media64 I've create yesterday.

Also, when I open the Explorer I cannot see "Network" below the Computer tree entry in 7xtreme64,
where I do have it available in 7media64.

Did I do something wrong?

I did register ieproxy.dll as the instructions ordered.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts

cpu E4500 ram 1G X2 OS vista sp2(vlited by myself) that's the envieronment. and about 50 process.
and i decide not to delete the "Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package",and i add :: in front of this line,
the process in the remove.bat jump to the next command line and go on working.maybe there r sth.
different in my msdn x86 chinese version,after all,things are going ok.
much thx for reply me.

Your pc should be fast enough. A vlite vista sp2 is ok (used one myself).
Try playing around with the image number. I did that for mine (courtesy of dead0)when I was getting errors, and it affected the speed of the whole process. Try see what you come up with. Ultimate takes the most amount of time. Sorry I didnt mention mines the 64 bit

Edited by Kernelspoke, 24 October 2009 - 02:12 AM.

maliXPboy

maliXPboy

• 11 posts
here's a bat file take's from one chinese lite-tool. and the code not as standard as liquid0624's bat file, but we can learn
sth. from it, it's more agressive than liquid0624's.
ps--some components are chinese lang. file, im not sure will appear in en vision

Attached Files

muop

muop
  • 1 posts
hello,

What I must keep to use a windows mobile phone (htc touch diamond wm6.1) ?

I use 7elite32 version

Thanks

h30

h30
  • 5 posts
i run the 'mount' cmd but it said "error mouting image, cannot find the file specified!"
but i ensure that the .wim file be right there!
my .wim path is "d:\7elite32\source\sources\install.wim"
Posted Image
any help, pls.

Superbeasto

Superbeasto
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone!

I need little help. I have followed the guide and made image and tried it with VirtualBox and so far so good, but i had some errors durig process. Error considering "step 10" removal thing. I got bunch of errors like in screenshot, but I continued and win are looking good so far. So I'm wondering what are these error's and how can I get rid of them :) ?

btw. I have Win7 Ultimate RTM 7600, and right now I'm on Vista SP1 x64 Ultimate without UAC installed. (Did Vista with vLite ages ago ;p )

thx.

Posted Image

lysol

lysol
  • 2 posts
i am having some issues with your extreme config. i follow your guide and run each step in order and recieve no errors. i did change some selection to uncheck some hardware things. when i try and install the image the first issue i get was "required cd/dvd driver missing...." which i figured out it was missing the atapi.sys file so i readded that, i had also tryed no removing any of the storage drivers included. so i was able to get past that, but when setup starts after selection disk, it gives error "please insert windows instal disk 1" and does not continue. i not have any issues with the original disk installation.

build environment win7 x64 ultimate (untouched), waik vistasp1, vlite current, xtreme64 files
evga p55 655, intel core i5 750, 8gb ddr3 1600

really all i want to do is get a unbloated os. why you have to make it so fat microsoft?
or maybe someone who make it working xtreme would post it?

Edited by lysol, 25 October 2009 - 04:18 PM.

philipo

philipo
  • 1 posts
Hi, I created 2 iso (medium and lite) :rolleyes: . I test in vmware and when I finishing installation program I get error "Windows could not configure one or more system components..." :blink: . Have you any reason for this? Thank you.

tttfc

tttfc
  • 1 posts
Hello
I used "7elite32" for my Windows 7 x86 Hongkong Chinese Version, I test in Virtual PC in Windows 7 and when I finishing installation program I get error "Windows could not configure one or more system components..."

What's the problem come from?

Superbeasto

Superbeasto
  • 2 posts
Hallo! :unsure:

Kernelspoke

Kernelspoke

• 43 posts

here's a bat file take's from one chinese lite-tool. and the code not as standard as liquid0624's bat file, but we can learn
ps--some components are chinese lang. file, im not sure will appear in en vision

I have a funny feeling the problem isnt your msdn being different in chinese as you definately would have encountered an error. What am thinking is the special characters are enough to cause the halt. I have seen this when using cybershredder to take out special character named folders, I end up deleting them myself manually

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

looks like some of the details from that batch file may have been taken from my files? :wacko:

Speeddymon

Speeddymon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
-removed- decided not to go thru with it

Edited by Speeddymon, 27 October 2009 - 09:02 PM.

solar

solar

• 26 posts
Hi there.. Right I used to do this stuff on Vista but boy oh boy, the steps AFTER slipstreaming (eg. customising properly on Vista was HELL).

Anyway to help some of the other posters::

Sometimes there is a problem with mounting your IMAGE because! The guide assumes you have 4 images, the various flavours of win7. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE... I think if you want to play around with this, at least do this:

EDIT TO STEP 7. FIRST (when you are at step seven, you do an elevated aka run as administrator command prompt in the folder .\7XXXX32/64\source\

THIS IS ASSUMING U R WORKING ON A WIN7 OS: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:.\sources\install.wim

THAT will give you the info of your images WITHIN YOUR particular install.wim

SO, for me I have image 1 : 7 ultimate 32 bit, image 2: ultimate 64

HENCE... I must now edit my MOUNT file with choosing image 2 if I want x64

SO, forthose who get mount problems is because liquid decided to make the default image set to 1 if your choice fails (which it would for me and for some of you, as #4 doesn't exist in my image file).

RIGHT... PLEASE figure that one out ye

SECOND: If you get errors when some package is being removed, it is not a problem (unless the package is essential)... That is why FOR NON-US version, the LANAGUAGE PACKS will FAIL to be removed (they aint there ot start with). SUch errors CAN BE IGNORED! as it just means it failed ot remove somethign which isn't there. However... IF STEP 1 applies to you, i.e. you dont have images 1-4, THEN the various clauses in the mount.bat file which use IF statements 1-4, have to be thought through.. Im sure you can figure it out.

hmm, that it.. OH and as people say, if you get can't read or acceess denied... you run the CMD PROMPT with CTRL SHIFT ENTER

was the person who did net use Administrator /active:yes ... LOL well , you should also log out and LOG IN with the admin account :)

Right...

Now THIS IS FOR THE GUYS WHO KNOW these apps... liquid, dead0 etc... or anyone else proficient.

I run vLite 1.2 with WAIK 6.1 (vista one) installed inside vLite... and sigh, when I do step 13! That is start vLite -> load up the image, I get a cant read name string or osmething n get two error messages and the version (or build) remains as 0.0.0.0

EDIT: AH.. sorry, forgot to
mention my build: from registry : buildLabEx : -> 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255

OI, fre wtf? I have ordered an en-US version lol, it is *not* french so dont ask me x

EDIT2: in the vLite preset file I have:

;#Environment:
; vLite v1.2
; Framework 2.0.50727.4927
; Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0 64-bit
;
;#Target:
; Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit
; Version 6.1 English (United States)

and also build in the image file is 6.1.7600.16385 , so should be fine... although maybe it is due to the environment 6.1.7600.0 ?

(im on the win 7 x64 ultimate Im gonna slipstream)

sigh :/ confused and wants to shed some snufs tears?

attaching two screenshots

I have the preset file in vLite... why is it screwing up??? :/ It takes for ever to load anyway, so maybe I should run WAIK 2.0 (WAIK 7?)

please help, as I probably can debug this , but only after a few hours or reinstalling versioin, playing around yaddi ya :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by solar, 28 October 2009 - 11:08 AM.

solar

solar

• 26 posts

looks like some of the details from that batch file may have been taken from my files? :wacko:

LOL dead0... first of all... having batch code or similar online.. ofcourse ppl will use a lot of such files as templates...

and hehe dead.. you are proposing to use some of his code to learn from, then u blame him for doing that with yours?? ;)

*giggle*

solar

solar

• 26 posts
OH WAIT... can this be the reason (I used the WAIK which I thought was the most recentbefore WAIK 7 but lets see)

My WAIK version is 6.0.6001.18000 IS this outdated???

great.. I'm downloading a 6000.18somethign version but this should be older? :/

WTF help with this plzzzzzz any of you (I havent slistreamed for 8 months or so so hmm Im not sure on current versions although my vista waik i had waik 1.1 till the waik 7 beta came out so should of been most recent) :(

yet another EDIT: LOL, typical windows... it seems my vista sp1 waik is too new as well, as I found an entry in vLite which wants the older one (which I am downloading now at around 900ish MB)... although the recent vista waik I was using was working fine for vista sp1 slipstreaming dang dang.. :)

ok , 45 mins of dl and Iguess I'll findout if that was the prob ~~

Edited by solar, 28 October 2009 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN