Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 RTM - 32/64 Bit - UPDATED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) (311 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following archives best suites your needs?

1. Voted 7elite32 or 7elite64 (132 votes [42.44%])

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

2. Voted 7media32 or 7media64 (68 votes [21.86%])

Percentage of vote: 21.86%

3. Voted 7xtreme32 or 7xtreme64 (111 votes [35.69%])

Percentage of vote: 35.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

solar

solar

• 26 posts
yup, did the trick... vlite up n running. sheesh... the lameness ^^

Gr8, running vlite with admin rights :

after removing components and about to start on applying setting this happens :

see twoimages attached :

http://i874.photobuc...ilis/error4.jpg

and

http://i874.photobuc...ilis/error5.jpg

Hmm so why do I get a System.UnauthorizedAccess :/

Edited by solar, 28 October 2009 - 02:42 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mspock

mspock
  • 3 posts
Hello , I'm totally new to vliting windows7 .
I've successfully vlited it , mantaining some packets like network diagnostics , gadgets , gpu pipeline ( I'm not sure about what is that ) , homegroup package , and in a previous versiono sticky notes ( but they don't work anyway ) , and changing some settings in the ini vlite configuration file .

However , my version was lacking some network things like homegroup , firefox had some " impossible to connect to server " problems , my printer didn't work ( it's supported but windows couldn't find drivers online.... dunno why )

So , I'm trying to be more precise and to build a better version , but I can't find anywhere some of the packets explained , as well as some of vlite settings explained . Anyone has got some "guide" or packet-explaining-file ( i've read the pdf ( and ....many thanks for that ) but i'm looking for something less concise ) , and a vlite settings guide ?
Many thanks . :}

another thing : in the 1st post liquido wrote to use Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows vista sp1 and not the one for windows 7 rc .
Can I use that one even if i'm using windows 7 at the moment ??

Edited by mspock, 29 October 2009 - 01:11 PM.

gouryella

gouryella
  • 2 posts
In 7media32 preset not work digital cameras (canon a530), what i must keep to let it work?
I check all compatibility features to keep up, but after that win 7 cannot find driver for my camera.

edit 1: i figure out that problem is in services section of 7media.ini preset file, now im trying to find the right dependecy.
edit 2: ok i found that User-mode Driver Framework and Windows portable devices must be unchecked for digitals cameras in preset (i thing all elite, media)

I also recommend uncheck:
SNMP for add network printer
SSDP for add device error

and for total commander, is good idea to not remove fonts in cleanup (compare files function -bad fonts)

att: my own preset, with some features what i need like rdp, sndrec, digital camera, network printer...

Attached Files

Edited by gouryella, 31 October 2009 - 12:11 PM.

solar

solar

• 26 posts

In 7media32 preset not work digital cameras (canon a530), what i must keep to let it work?
I check all compatibility features to keep up, but after that win 7 cannot find driver for my camera.
Do you have same problem too?

well, It should be easy enough to find out if you read the comments for each feature in thecomponents section in vLite, however, I amnot sure about the preset files from these 7media thingies...

I recommend to run dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:filepath to theinstall.wim file u will work on.n then dism /get-packages or whatever the ocmmand is.

from there figure out what u want or not, then u can copy those packages u wish to remove , by adding them to the removal.bat given by liquid.

this way u can make yoru own customisation rather than 3 presets which normally is too small for everyones particular choices and taste.

However, I am not sure if the .ini file is updated.. or if u would have ot do this yourself.. I wonder, if u u removepaqckages trhough dism, n then use vlite to remove components wihtout* loading thepresetfile, but else follow all the rest in theguide, onemaybe will get a solution?

Btw, after using the x64guideBUT my vlitekeptcrashing... I fixedthis by reregisteringthe x86 wmapi rather.. then it went fine... however.. my iso finally had an autorun.dll error when i tried loading it.. does anyone know why this might be?

solar

RHPT

RHPT

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
Is it possible, and if so how, for me to remove

• Paint
  • Wordpad
  • UAC
  • Picture & Fax Viewer

and add

• Windows Sidebar & Gadgets
  • Scanners & Camera

from the 7ELITE version?

Thank you!

solar

solar

• 26 posts

Is it possible, and if so how, for me to remove

• Paint
  • Wordpad
  • UAC
  • Picture & Fax Viewer

and add

• Windows Sidebar & Gadgets
  • Scanners & Camera

from the 7ELITE version?

Thank you!

I would think that when u load vlite... u tick for components and check paintr etc the ones u wantr to be removed, then find those u want ot keep n uncheck them.

sigh, Im inclined to just try using dism manually for now.. but i get a dism wont lock itself down in the image on x64, so im wondering wtf that is about.

anyone know why this happens? as I cant service the image andthus see the packages :/ has it got to do with WAIK by any chance? I wouldnt htink it would matter... double sigh

solar

solar

• 26 posts
Hi there.. ok liquid or dead0 or anyone... now I wonder.. how did you manage to get that list of packages.. I realize I only got the packages listed from thefoundation pack ( I got x64 ultimate).

I can't find a list anywhere online or so where all packages one could add or so are listed. As in eg. the one's which are green (removed via vlite), I would like to do it with dism only... can anyone tell me how to find a list or so??

cheers

solar

DNex36

DNex36
  • 1 posts
Thanks a lot. It took me a while to complete the process (i'm running XP so i did it on a VM Vista with only 512MB RAM), had a couple of hiccups here and there but looking through the thread i was able to resolve them. Thanks again.

mspock

mspock
  • 3 posts
Hello . Hi solar , I'm looking for some packet explained too ;) .
However , have you solved your problem ? ( waik ? )
I have tried to burn a little modded elite version ( ultimate )
Until now I had 2 problems :

1) I'd like to add homegroup full functionality
2) Firefox' errors : it has lots of " unable to connect to server " errors , more than in a "normal" installation .
3) the installation progress stucks when configuring network / finishing installation . Is there a setting I miss ?!?!?

Thanks .

solar

solar

• 26 posts
hi spock.. im about to go out to win a poker game (I assume at least ;p) but hmm.. well instead of running the elite preset.. try perhaps the media one?

I havent been able to make a working image yet from the presets so others would know better... but as I said, with this method, to have functionality (homenetworking etc) do two things (3rd one i dontknow):

go through packages.pdf given by liquid, and look for the packages which are related to networking... then go trhoug the elite removal.bat file and identify the packages u realize must be kept and put REM in front of them (eg. %rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-NetworkDiagnostics-DirectAccessEntry-Package%winsuffix%) that was just an example.. I haven't gone trhough the elite packages which are removed so Im notsure which one is removed which breaks your network functionality. (in fact, I dont see an 'elite' solution any good if one removes such functionality.. u lose more than u gain in terms of space doh). Anyway, when that is done, comes part 2 which I DO NOT KNOW how to edit yet (the preset.ini ) file... ask someone else.. maybe this one should also be edited.

finally, when u load vlite... go to compenents and make sure any networking components you think you need, are NOT ticked before doing rest of guide.

hope it will work..

and yes, solved the dism problem AND the WAIK, by installing the newest WAIK 2.0 (this is cos Im gonna try and make a run without* vLite), it's just I can't figure out where all the packages.pdf are found, as in my ultimate x64 I only have a foundation package basically and it doesn thave all the packages.. so am a bit at a loss there.

solar

TheCatcher

TheCatcher
  • 1 posts
Hello

I have problems with the removal. Are generated ONLY error 0x80070005

Also, the call to install_wim_tweak displays an error. Registry could not be mounted

Attached Files

Edited by TheCatcher, 30 October 2009 - 02:37 PM.

maliXPboy

maliXPboy

• 11 posts

here's a bat file take's from one chinese lite-tool. and the code not as standard as liquid0624's bat file, but we can learn
sth. from it, it's more agressive than liquid0624's.
ps--some components are chinese lang. file, im not sure will appear in en vision

looks like some of the details from that batch file may have been taken from my files? :wacko:

im very sorry i donwloaded it from another site!maybe change from urs.

Edited by maliXPboy, 30 October 2009 - 04:33 PM.

maliXPboy

maliXPboy

• 11 posts

here's a bat file take's from one chinese lite-tool. and the code not as standard as liquid0624's bat file, but we can learn
sth. from it, it's more agressive than liquid0624's.
ps--some components are chinese lang. file, im not sure will appear in en vision

I have a funny feeling the problem isnt your msdn being different in chinese as you definately would have encountered an error. What am thinking is the special characters are enough to cause the halt. I have seen this when using cybershredder to take out special character named folders, I end up deleting them myself manually

last i run vista while now
i run bat files in win7 ultimate X86,and everything goes ok excpt
codes in remove.bat
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%winsuffix%
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%winsuffix%
and chinese vision should be
%rempacks%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CN-Package%winsuffix%
CN is chinese code, i read it from technet.microsoft.com and change it.
and here must be different in other languages
codes in cleanup.bat/ with the same reason as abouv
REM Windows Help
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Help\mui\0409">nul
del /f /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Help\mui\0804\*.chm">nul
del /f /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Help\Windows\zn-CH\*.h1s">nul

Edited by maliXPboy, 30 October 2009 - 04:32 PM.

epic

epic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Thanks for the tool. May be a bit more than I need. I just want to remove the language packs and a working DVD... just can't create a working DVD.

Edited by epic, 30 October 2009 - 07:07 PM.

mspock

mspock
  • 3 posts
Liquido ? Could you please give me a little help ? ( using your elite32 settings on ultimate )
I had read somewhere you had the problem of network continuously being searched for at the very end of the installation progress , in VIRTUALBOX.
Have you found the setting that screws it up ?
Also , I can't find a way to keep homegroup working . It's not a tweaks problem , but a vlite settings one .

I've removed from removal.bat ( so keeped them in installation eheheh ) the following packages : client wired network drivers package , gadget platform package , gpu pipeline package , network diagnostics , shell homegroup .
And , in a second instance , I've removed also terminal services publishing -wmi provider package and the following terminal services remote applications - client package .

I've keeped some more network's settings in vlite than in your elite32 version , but either homegroup doesn't work nor I can't finish installation because of the searching for network problem .

tun.tin

tun.tin

• 10 posts
My Movies 3 (failed to install) with 7media64 :unsure:

WattoDaToydarian

WattoDaToydarian

• 22 posts
I am trying to apply the registry tweak tool to my mounted wim.
For some reason I get FAIL on "Mounting registry file".
Here is the output:
-------------------------------------------
------Pre-install registry Tweak Tool------
---------------for Windows 6.x-------------
-------------------------------------------
Processing : c:\Stuff\7 WIM
Creating BKP of registry file... OK
Mounting registry file... FAIL
-------------------Ending------------------
Restoring orginal file form BKP... OK
Removing BKP file... OK

I assumed it's trying to mount a file in "7 WIM\Windows\System32\config" so I tried it with regedit and it worked so I don't understand whats wrong... :wacko:

Main Desktop: || ASUS P5Q || C2D E8400 @ 3.8Ghz || G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 || MSI GeForce 260 (192) || 2x640GB WD RAID0 || LG 22x DVD || Sunbeam 650Watt || Cooler Master 690 || Windoze 7 64bit \ Ubuntu 9.10 64bit
Secondary Desktop: || ASUS P5N-E || Pentium E2160 @ 3Ghz || Wintec AMPX 2x1GB DDR2 800 || Zotac GeForce 9600GT || 2x160GB WD RAID0 || 16x DVD || XCLIO StablePower 460Watt || Cooler Master Centurion 531 || Windoze 7 64bit
Server: || HP Netserver || 6x P3 Xeon 700Mhz || 3GB PC133 ECC || 4x18GB 10k SCSI RAID0, 1TB SATA, 400GB SATA || Ubuntu Server 9.04 32bit /w Mythbuntu PXE

Alex

Alex

• PipPip
  • 223 posts
Hi,

REM Windows Media Sounds
del /f /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Media\*.wav">nul
for /d %%i in ("%mount%\Windows\Media\*") do rd /s /q "%%i">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media">nul
rd /s /q "%mount%\Windows\Media">nul

This will delete sounds at all, or only for deleted themes?

I used elite preset and kept gadgets package, but snipping tool complains about missing dll file on strating. Will keeiping this missing file with vlite keep list is enougj to solve this problem or I should keep any other package for snipping tool to work?

Thanks for help,
Alex

RHPT

RHPT

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
liquid0624,

When I try using your 7elite64.ini, I get the error "a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing" when running the install. Do you know why this might be happening? I got the same thing using dead0's ultimate64.ini :(

Thanks!

WattoDaToydarian

WattoDaToydarian

• 22 posts

I get the error "a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing" when running the install.

I had the same error today after deleting everything in sources except for the WIM files. So I put those files back from the original disc and it worked after that.
If that doesn't help you may actually need the driver for your SATA/RAID controller.

Now if I can only get the wim tweak to work...

Main Desktop: || ASUS P5Q || C2D E8400 @ 3.8Ghz || G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 || MSI GeForce 260 (192) || 2x640GB WD RAID0 || LG 22x DVD || Sunbeam 650Watt || Cooler Master 690 || Windoze 7 64bit \ Ubuntu 9.10 64bit
Secondary Desktop: || ASUS P5N-E || Pentium E2160 @ 3Ghz || Wintec AMPX 2x1GB DDR2 800 || Zotac GeForce 9600GT || 2x160GB WD RAID0 || 16x DVD || XCLIO StablePower 460Watt || Cooler Master Centurion 531 || Windoze 7 64bit
Server: || HP Netserver || 6x P3 Xeon 700Mhz || 3GB PC133 ECC || 4x18GB 10k SCSI RAID0, 1TB SATA, 400GB SATA || Ubuntu Server 9.04 32bit /w Mythbuntu PXE

RHPT

RHPT

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
Is it possible to remove Game Explorer with vLite and not have the Win7 installation die? (not using dism.exe).

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
There a problem whit virtualbox that can't recognize the virtual disk. I can't try my image e i dont know what driver i can try to istal in orden to recognize the virtual disk of virtualbox.I have also unceck the chipset support driver .

Posted Image

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
The previus problem seem to be a erroneuos uncheck in Vlite . Possibly the Dinamic Volume Manager (???).

But the problem below is more serious.This appear whith or whitout the "batch file treatment"

Posted Image

Edited by Zumoc, 02 November 2009 - 03:03 PM.

RHPT

RHPT

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
Also, do these packages uninstall the .NET Framework? Sorry for all the questions!

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Also, do these packages uninstall the .NET Framework? Sorry for all the
questions!

no .net fw is required for apps in the OS as well as many 3rd party apps. I answered your game explorer removal question in dead0's thread :) its better to ask then assume especially regarding the task at hand!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN