Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What makes Office 2003 better than 97?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 27-August 09

I used to like 2003 but that was only when I was more enhusiastic (or whatever its spelled)
but now I like 2007/2010 more for simple reason which is same reason why ribbon was made:

I'm too lazy to digg through bunch of either hidden tools/toolbars to find some simple thing

and/or the UI is mess

then I realised I only liked 97 like UI coz I started in school on it, and naturally xp - 2003 followed

but as said UI sucks big time and even if user can set toolbars to his liking and make it somewhat

complete set of needed tools in 2 rows (well maybe now on wide screen it would be 1 row)

I just cannot be arsed to set it all up, so its easier to simply go with mouse through tabbed UI and click things :P

the only thing that annoys me on 2007/2010 is stupid positioning of File menu and Save/undo buttons - that is so retarded

oh yes and the gigantic size (install) is also retarded

Edited by vinifera, 12 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users