Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool 1.0.5

wazer

*Edit: here is the 7QuickLaunch.au3 lighter:

7QuickLaunch.zip

Found out why I kept getting Desktop Toolbar cause I had this tweak applied

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics MinWidth = 40 which forces all windows to appear as icons down there. Just delete and reboot for it to return to normal

myselfidem :thumbup That is working fine 64 beans here. I don't have Langbar enabled though

*Edit: here is the 7QuickLaunch.au3 lighter:

7QuickLaunch.zip

Found out why I kept getting Desktop Toolbar cause I had this tweak applied

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics MinWidth = 40 which forces all windows to appear as icons down there. Just delete and reboot for it to return to normal

myselfidem :thumbup That is working fine 64 beans here. I don't have Langbar enabled though

Very nice maxXPsoft! :thumbup

I understand now why you were talking about small icons (windows to appear as icons)!!!

Works also fine for me with silent install or on my computer 32-bits or 64-bits with Langbar on the Taskbar or not (with all languages) ! Tested

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Only 1 problem with this for me is the EnableAutoTray set to 0. I don't think it is needed for this to work

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer", "EnableAutoTray", "REG_DWORD", "0")

I like it on to combine those things I don't need all the time so I modified this script

;Adding Reg Entries. I replaced the RegWrite and added

$AutoTray = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer", "EnableAutoTray")

Bottom of script I added

;AutoTray
Select
;Case $AutoTray = "0" EnableAutoTray is not enabled
Case $AutoTray = "0"
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer", "EnableAutoTray", "REG_DWORD", "0")
Case $AutoTray = "1"
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer", "EnableAutoTray", "REG_DWORD", "1")
EndSelect

Or would it be better to just leave that RegWrite out of it?

Edited by maxXPsoft

@maxXPsoft

Thanks!

I think it would be better lo leave this RegWrite out of it, because it's not really needed and I've tried on my computer with the value:

"EnableAutoTray"=dword:00000001

7QuickLaunch.exe works also fine without this reg key inside the script!

*Edit:

7QuickLaunch.au3 and 7QuickLaunch-FR.au3 updated (reg "EnableAutoTray" deleted)!

Download link:

7QuickLaunch

Edited by myselfidem

@maxXPsoft

Thanks!

I think it would be better lo leave this RegWrite out of it, because it's not really needed and I've tried on my computer with the value:

*Edit:

7QuickLaunch.au3 and 7QuickLaunch-FR.au3 updated (reg "EnableAutoTray" deleted)!

Download link:

7QuickLaunch

Had some time to spare, i tryed both your modifications, both does not work here,i tested on pure english and danish version. Just gives documents attached to the taskbar.

@maxXPsoft

Thanks!

*Edit:

Download link:

7QuickLaunch

Had some time to spare, i tryed both your modifications, both does not work here,i tested on pure english and danish version. Just gives documents attached to the taskbar.

Weird!

Works fine for me with French language and also tested on a computer of a friend (French version)!

With Langbar on the Taskbar or without the Langbar!

Maybe we can just keep this value inside the script:

;Selecting Preferred UI language
$Lang = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\MuiCached", "MachinePreferredUILanguages")

*Edit: You can modify the script like this:

Func _TaskToolbarWin7($path)

MouseClick("right", 0, @DesktopHeight)

Send("{DOWN}{RIGHT}{UP}{ENTER}")

WinActive($title)

sleep(1000)

ControlSetText($title, "", "Edit1", $path)

sleep(1000)

ControlClick($title, "", "Button1")

EndFunc ;==>_TaskToolbarWin7

Works also fine for me!

Edited by myselfidem

myselfidem that latest work's here also

Course i can't try any other language because primary is en-us here

wazer is your toolbar locked before you try these? Or there may be some other odd settings you have that interfere like I had.

myselfidem that latest work's here also

Course i can't try any other language because primary is en-us here

wazer is your toolbar locked before you try these? Or there may be some other odd settings you have that interfere like I had.

I did test with locked and unlocked, same thing :(.

I've made some changes inside the script and works fine for me with the Langbar on the Taskbar or not!

First it's needed to have the Taskbar locked!

*Edit: I see that you are looking for a new value to add at first for 7QuickLaunch.au3:

mutilply param

Yes i didnt know how to do it. But here it goes..

Put this on top of the script.

;Switchless commands
If $CMDLINE[0] Then
For $i = 1 To $CMDLINE[0]
Switch $CMDLINE[$i]
Case '/?'
MsgBox(0x40000, 'Help', 'Switchless Commands: /NOPIN /TGL /TSI /AUTOTRAY')
Exit
Case '/NOPIN'
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer", "TaskbarNoPinnedList", "REG_DWORD", "1")
Case '/TGL'
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "TaskbarGlomLevel", "REG_DWORD", "2")
Case '/TSI'
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "TaskbarSmallIcons", "REG_DWORD", "1")
Case '/AUTOTRAY'
EndSwitch
Next
EndIf

Then we can start add all those params so people can modified like they want.

I think i finally got it for all the problems we have with attached quick launch bar and so on.

Iv have tested this many times now, i implented a check to see if quick launch folder was already there and if so then it should remove it, and continue where it left,

This should fix all those "double" quicklaunch bars attached to the taskbar hopefully :).

This also applys for the taskbar if locked or not locked, it dosnt matter anymore with my new modification. Ill test some more and you will get it soon.

Other things

stepped down the how fast the mouse is moving around.

corrected it to be more precisely when grabbing the different stuff with the mouse.

added show desktop action via mouse so there should be nothing in background that could nag the tool while its running anymore.

added msgbox in start that to inform the user they should not touch anything for the next 30seconds, the box closes it self after 10 seconds so they dont have to touch anything.... "Just like a warning dialog, for new users that want to try this tool out".

added hotkey to exit the program if something went wrong. The key is F1

added params so people can decide wich reg imports they want to have, example below.

Switchless params, Run "7quicklaunch.exe /?" without quotes to get information about params.

example

Usage 7quicklaunch.exe /NOPIN /TGL /TSI /AUTOTRAY /LBS3 /EXPLORER

Info
/NOPIN
Removes The pinned list on windows 7 taskbar.

/TGL
Makes Taskbar buttons = Never combine

/TSI
Makes Small icons on windows 7 taskbar.

/AUTOTRAY
Disable AUTOTRAY on windows 7 taskbar.

/LBS3
Langbar Showstatus value 3? - dont know what it does.

/EXPLORER
Will end explorer and start it again with all options saved, This is usefull so you dont have to restart windows at all to take effect of changes.

Edited by wazer

This reg value means that the Langbar is closed and you will not see inside the Taskbar!

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar", "ShowStatus", "REG_DWORD", "3") 

Edited by myselfidem

This reg value means that the Langbar is closed and you will not see inside the Taskbar!

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar", "ShowStatus", "REG_DWORD", "3") 

Yellowwww :) Thank you, i took your modification also and putted into the script thanks :).

Are you willing to test all the params and check with quick launch already attached to your taskbar and run it and your taskbar is unlocked aswell please test! :)

I personal use all the switches and put them into an installer. i recommend SFXMaker.

7quicklaunch.exe /NOPIN /TGL /TSI /AUTOTRAY /LBS3 /EXPLORER

If theres more reg values we should implent name it and ill add it and we can make this final soon i guess yayyy :).

GO GO GO. ;)

Edited by wazer

Tested and works fine with the Langbar on the Taskbar or not, with my Windows 7 x86 French version- without using switches! ;)

I think we can add a new reg for the WindwMetrics like maxXPsoft was talking about this issue!!

With this reg value the 7QuickLaunch.exe doesn't work!

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics] 
"MinWidth"="40"

It's needded to delete this value and add at the end of the script to restore this one!

*Edit: I need to test with silent install!

Tested with the reg file WindowMetrics "MinWidth"="40" and the 7QuickLaunch works fine!!! I don't understand where was the trouble!

Maybe it was about another reg value?

Edited by myselfidem