Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Component Manual Install (setup.exe)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
Am I correct in assuming that this only effects the disc made by vLite? It says it is about 90mb, which I think only refers to disc size. I am installing on a netbook and don't want any extra files after install, but I am having trouble getting the boot loader to work.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

eksasol

eksasol

• 28 posts
  • Joined 12-April 09
The manual install as far as I know is required to run Windows set up within Windows and to keep the Upgrade feature. You don't need it for fresh installation by booting from the disc.

The Orange Pigeon

The Orange Pigeon
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08
I know that. The problem is that my external dvd drive is on the fritz and my system isnt liking booting from a usb drive. I was going to try running it the manual install as long as it doesnt leave a copy of itself it the post-install footprint.

liquidzgurl

liquidzgurl

• 16 posts
  • Joined 30-August 09

As long as you format the hard drive you should be fine and should have no leftovers or extra files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users