Windows Server 2008 error 0x00000124 BSOD

ArdeZ

Hello,

I'm running Windows 2008 Server x64 and since a couple of weeks my system is very unstable. Currently the system can't be used because it keeps rebooting itself.

What is happening?

After booting and logging into Windows the system runs for a couple of minutes. After that I receive a stop error (BSOD) with the error code 0x000001124 (0x0000000000000000, oxFFFFFA800B3C3030, 0x00000000B2000004, 0x0000000010000800) and the system reboots. This happens in normal mode and since a couple of days also in safe mode.

System specs

Asus DSBV-D motherboard with 12 GB RAM

Intel Xeon 5150 (QuadCore 2,66 Ghz)

Intel SRCS28X PCI-X raid controller

2x 320 GB RAID 1 for OS, 4x 320 GB RAID 10 for virtual machines, 4x 750 GB RAID 5 for data

I don't have a clue where to look, the system was stable for 6 months and no recent hardware changes where made before the problems occured. I sure hope one of you can point me into the right directions.

If you need more information please let me know.

Edited by ArdeZ

From the Microsoft documentation on that error, it sounds like your computer/server is telling you that you have a hardware error:

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

Without the actual .dmp file we can't tell you what, but your hardware vendor likely would be able to do so - I'd suggest contacting them and letting them know your system is failing and have them find out what. Usually a WHEA error like that is far more than a failing hard drive or stick of RAM - it's usually something on the motherboard or one of the CPUs themselves, although running a memory test is always a good idea just in case.

This server is custom build and ran perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, it's not possible to go to the hardware vendor. Attached you'll find the dump files, I hope you can find a possible cause of the BSOD. It's no problem to replace parts, but currently I don't know where to start.

Thanks again!

dumpfiles.zip

Edited by ArdeZ

This server is custom build and ran perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.
Unfortunately that means nothing - the dump says you have a hardware failure, so heed the warning very carefully and take the error very seriously.

As to the data you posted, this dump unfortunately is useless. The minidump doesn't even contain the WHEA error record data, and as such I can't tell you anything more than an MCA bank reported an error. Either configure for a complete dump and compress/upload the next crash dump, or start testing the hardware. Something (or some things) inside this system are failing.