Windows Live Messenger 2009 with menu bar.

Marru_xD

I don't think you can. I'm not familiar with Windows Live Messenger 2009 - so I don't know if it supports theme or not, if it does then that would be the most logitech solution. If now, however, you will most likely have to do some serious hacking and I don't even know if it is still possible.

Whats wrong with the Vista/7 look? I like it.

I understand that, but why does it matter? It's not big of a deal as I see it.

like I said, I don't think there isn't anyway of changing it to the XP style.

Your best bet is to downgrade to the latest version that had the XP style theme.

I understand that, but why does it matter? It's not big of a deal as I see it.

like I said, I don't think there isn't anyway of changing it to the XP style.

Your best bet is to downgrade to the latest version that had the XP style theme.

The menubar is defined with various graphical resources within one of the messenger DLL files, I suppose you could swap them out with ones that match your current Windows XP visual style, but it would just look awkward.

Why not stick with Messenger 8.5? It still runs fine on my desktop (but that may be because XPx64 users get a special dispensation from Microsoft since Messenger 2009 isn't supported on XPx64)

Yeah but I believe when you maximized it, Windows adding the big blue bar. But i'm not positive, I really don't think it's possible, unless you know what file, and or you will also have to know what code to change so it does have the blue bar. Like W3bbo if you did change it to the blue bar, it may not look right. I might look really bad.

I think your best bet is to just leave it.

• 3 weeks later...