Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Almost unattend Vista /Windows 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

surfertje

surfertje

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
We are using Windows Xp at the moment and Windows Deployment Services and Imagex/ Winpe.

I configure a Windowsxp machine then start sysprep and shutdown the machine. Make a image. Restore the image and then sysprep asks which pcnumber it must have and start a batchfile which cleans the system. This is arranged in sysprep.inf also the domain name and the drivers are in sysprep.inf.

I have read som stuff about imaging Windows Vista / 7 but then i use sysprep only for the change of SID and al the autoation is be done with a unattend.xml file. I would like a start how i can roll out the images to clients so that WDS / xml files is taking over the sysprep configuration settings. Where to start?

The procedure for imaging WindowsXp or Vista are completely different, but i would like to do the same things as with Windows xp.

Is it the same when i:
Make a unattend.xml with wsim (from the standard vista.wim) and connect it to the install image.
In this xml configure the: connect to domain, join the right OU in AD, set the keyboard and language settings
configure a client
Run sysprep on the clients with the generalize command and shutdown, make the image and roll out that image to the clients which then starts the unattend.xml?
Run a batchfile which copy's files thru??

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN